PDA

View Full Version : '04 Tower question

jaxrider
10-05-2006, 08:36 AM
So, I am in the process of putting a extreme stereo system in my boat and need a little information. This is my first MC and I need to know what size allen wrench will take the bolt out that mounts the tower to the boat.
Also, when removing the old speaker wires from the tower I noticed the hole through the glass is quite small and behind the mounting bolt. Does anyone have a pick of their tower off of their boat? I am trying to get an idea of how much space will be there to work with.
Finally, has anyone removed their tower before? What do I need to know? I have take towers off of boat before but never a MC. Thanks to everyone who can help. Just trying to do my homework before I mess anything up.

kalanic
10-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Why are you removing your tower??

jaxrider
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I am running speaker wire through the tower and the original hole is too small for my application. I have run wire many times with out taking the tower off of other boats but this set up has a bolt going directly through the tubing and it makes it hard to run wire. So, if I take the tower loose I will be able to run the wire with ease and also see how much room I have to drill.