PDA

View Full Version : Whoa is me

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Well my ski partner and her hubby are officially moving to Houston. He got his offer w/ Nasa last week and she got a FAT offer w/ an accounting firm this evening while we were over there tonight. Time to start recruiting a new ski partner! :(

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Somewhere in the middle? I know you have heard I am going gay! All but sex of course! Anything else is welcome! Sking till I drop OK!

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Somewhere in the middle? I know you have heard I am going gay! All but sex of course! Anything else is welcome! Sking till I drop OK!

Damn hoosier. How much have you had tonight. I know I know.......it's hard to count that high. Just measure the depth of cans on the floor for us. Before you try, do you have anything larger than a meter stick, I think you might need it. :D

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I just want to ski no matter what it takes!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-04-2006, 11:10 PM
I just want to ski no matter what it takes!
you heard it here folks.....

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 11:13 PM
What? Is that wrong? C'mon guys W T F? Skiing can be enjoyable!

Ric
10-05-2006, 12:43 AM
JR, did they decide on a ski community?

Leroy
10-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Isn't it their house you are buying now?

Mag_Red
10-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Tell Deb to expect me twice a week if you buy the place on the lake:D

ntidsl
10-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I can't even count how many times I have offered to ski!!!! You passes up an 80 degree, no wind, all sun day yesterday...I don't think you are serious!

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 08:56 AM
JR, did they decide on a ski community?

They are going to put an offer this week on that house I posted a link to earlier.

Found the link!

http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?prp=mls&AgentId=JANOWENS&EmailKey=14616765

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I can't even count how many times I have offered to ski!!!! You passes up an 80 degree, no wind, all sun day yesterday...I don't think you are serious!

Dude I wish I had your setup, leave at a whim and drive 1 minute to the lake, ski a set, dry off, go back to your office. :cry:

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Isn't it their house you are buying now?

Yes sir! //////////////////////

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Tell Deb to expect me twice a week if you buy the place on the lake:D

Sounds good! We are going to propose the sinking course to the lakes committee in the near future. Maybe HVL WILL have a course on it! :D

ntidsl
10-05-2006, 09:20 AM
i know there alot of blue hairs down there on that lake...but i dont see a problem with a course on the lake...i could see them clamping down on wakeboard boats but how do you define a wakeboard boat...its a fuzzy line...i dont know the lake real well but theres got to be a place for a course somewhere!!! what about that area right there by Randy Rademachers house? seesm like a cove, protected from the wind completley but its probably no wake right...couldnt they make it ski only zone from 6-8 am and 8pm-9pm memorial day to labor day...

River Rat
10-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Well if they are adrenaline junkies they will be set! Ski lake in there back yard and a world class Drop Zone around the corner. If they decide to leave the lake there is a great river 25 mi or so down the road. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
30 ACRE PRIVATE LAKE TO SATISFY THE MOST AVID WATER SKIER, FISHERMAN, OR WATER SPORT ENTHUSIST
Correct me please, but is there room for all these people?

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
i know there alot of blue hairs down there on that lake...but i dont see a problem with a course on the lake...i could see them clamping down on wakeboard boats but how do you define a wakeboard boat...its a fuzzy line...i dont know the lake real well but theres got to be a place for a course somewhere!!! what about that area right there by Randy Rademachers house? seesm like a cove, protected from the wind completley but its probably no wake right...couldnt they make it ski only zone from 6-8 am and 8pm-9pm memorial day to labor day...

I don't know where Randy lives. I have a few ideas of where to put it though. As for the wakeboard boats its regulated and somewhat self regulated. No boat over 20' 0" is allowed on the lake. Secondly, we have a full time patrolmen in the summer who is on a tooner that checks boats. One of the things they check is for ballast, no ballast allowed.

As for the coves, I can guarantee that won't happen.....:rolleyes: that would make too much red tape. But.........the lake is like glass ALWAYS in the morning and usually in the evenings about an hour before sundown. Thats when most of us skiers would want the course anyway. So.........hopefully we can get it approved!! :D

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Correct me please, but is there room for all these people?

IIRC, there are only about 12 homes on the entire lake system. 2 lakes have courses on them. The 3rd lake has the ski jump on it. I guess they die the water deep blue. There is a self regulating water leveling system on it. When the lake gets low the pump turns on and pumps water from the well into the lakes. Pretty cool if you ask me!! :D

They said the don't love the house but the way I see it they have a little slice of heaven. Homes can be renovated, especially if they are lakefront. :D We looked at the pics they took of the place, sitting at the kitchen table you look right down the course. It has a boat garage w/ garage door and lift inside. When you hit the button to lift the boat out of the water it automatically closes the garage door. When you lower the lift, it raises the garage door. sigh...............:love:

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Well if they are adrenaline junkies they will be set! Ski lake in there back yard and a world class Drop Zone around the corner. If they decide to leave the lake there is a great river 25 mi or so down the road. :D

What river is that? Is that the famous Brazo? I think this house is in Brazo county or something like that.

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 12:30 PM

Dude I packed the ski in the car and then look at todays weather.............:mad: This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

ntidsl
10-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Told Ya...i Hope To Hell You Wont Pass On Those December 60 Degree Days...this Timeof The Year You Need To Drop What You Are Doing When Its 80 And Sunny

River Rat
10-05-2006, 01:23 PM
What river is that? Is that the famous Brazo? I think this house is in Brazo county or something like that.

Its Brazoria County and the Brazos is nasty this far down. The San Bernard river is one place we ride during the week and its glass. I doubt you would leave a private lake to ski there but if you need a place to WB your in business:D

River Rat
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh and they will be able to ski year round:D :D

Leroy
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Looks clear to me in indy, I think you are wimping out there JR. ;)

Dude I packed the ski in the car and then look at todays weather.............:mad: This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Looks clear to me in indy, I think you are wimping out there JR. ;)

58 degrees here. Windy, no sign of sunshine. Windchill must make it about 45 degrees :(

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh and they will be able to ski year round:D :D

Thanks for reminding me :(

I told them last night if they don't buy it I will. Just have to work on finding a source of income down there.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for reminding me :(

I told them last night if they don't buy it I will. Just have to work on finding a source of income down there.
Become a Lawyer, I hear they get overpaid and underworked. Plenty of time to ski........:purplaugh

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Become a Lawyer, I hear they get overpaid and underworked. Plenty of time to ski........:purplaugh

Hmmmmm........now theres a thought!!! :D

Although, I always say you should have a mentor with anything you get into. I'll have to think about if I know any TX lawyers that have alot of "free time" on their hands. :rolleyes:

Ric
10-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Its Brazoria County and the Brazos is nasty this far down. The San Bernard river is one place we ride during the week and its glass. I doubt you would leave a private lake to ski there but if you need a place to WB your in business:D the whole area is BIG on Nolan Ryan... (and who could blame them?) It's kinda like when someone would mention randolph scott in blazing saddles :purplaugh:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmmmmm........now theres a thought!!! :D

Although, I always say you should have a mentor with anything you get into. I'll have to think about if I know any TX lawyers that have alot of "free time" on their hands. :rolleyes:
Too bad Beau isn't in Tex...... He could easily float you the dough, not sure on the Lawyer......

6ballsisall
10-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Too bad Beau isn't in Tex...... He could easily float you the dough, not sure on the Lawyer......

TRU DAT!!!!!!!! :D