PDA

View Full Version : snap on carpet, why not ?

boatless
10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't have snap on carpet on my 2005 197 prostar. Does MC start installing snap on carpet for the 2006 or 2007 model ? I think snap on carpet is nicer to have, it is easier to clean. Don't know why MC would not do that ?

boatless.

east tx skier
10-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Hasn't it always been an option?

erkoehler
10-04-2006, 12:35 PM
In the 197s, 190s, and X-1's you only get snap in carpet for the bow. The rest of the carpet is permanent. The aft carpet does not have a snap option.

rodltg2
10-04-2006, 01:28 PM
snap in carpet looks so cheap to me.. i wont look good with the carpeted riser.

jkski
10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I was in a TT boat a couple of years ago where the owner had a snap in carpet, that covered the original carpet. It was cut to fit the floor and had the nice rolled edge (or whatever you call it) and it snapped down in the corners so you could barely see the snaps. IT was really nice because it saved his carpeting, but I'm not sure about how wet the carpet underneath the snap in carpet would get. Then again, you were not allowed in the boat if you were wet or anything on you was wet!

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 01:35 PM
snap in carpet looks so cheap to me.. i wont look good with the carpeted riser.

Yeah but you own a bu8p

rodltg2
10-04-2006, 01:38 PM
I was in a TT boat a couple of years ago where the owner had a snap in carpet, that covered the original carpet. It was cut to fit the floor and had the nice rolled edge (or whatever you call it) and it snapped down in the corners so you could barely see the snaps. IT was really nice because it saved his carpeting, but I'm not sure about how wet the carpet underneath the snap in carpet would get. Then again, you were not allowed in the boat if you were wet or anything on you was wet!

the carpet liner like the nuatiques are nice.. mc make one?

east tx skier
10-04-2006, 01:40 PM
MYMC has snap in for sale for the 197 IIRC.

shepherd
10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Then again, you were not allowed in the boat if you were wet or anything on you was wet!

:confused: Huh???? :noface:
I'm sorry, I just don't get some people...

jkski
10-04-2006, 04:58 PM
:confused: Huh???? :noface:
I'm sorry, I just don't get some people...

I'm all for keeping the boat dry, but when I was done with my set, I had to ski back to the dock (no problem there), then completely dry off and change into completely dry clothes before getting into the boat.
I know that I am anal retentive...however, this took it to a whole new level!
Great people though and proud MC owners so I certainly can't knock them too much.

michael freeman
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm all for keeping the boat dry, but when I was done with my set, I had to ski back to the dock (no problem there), then completely dry off and change into completely dry clothes before getting into the boat.
I know that I am anal retentive...however, this took it to a whole new level!
Great people though and proud MC owners so I certainly can't knock them too much.

I thought you were kidding until I read this post. Yep that is a bit over the top.

What did he do if it started to rain?

jkski
10-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I thought you were kidding until I read this post. Yep that is a bit over the top.

What did he do if it started to rain?

I thought they were kidding until I they swung me back into the dock, and I got out of the water and dried off (I wasn't dripping water), and then I got ready to step in the boat and...well needless to say the look said it all. I had to run over to my truck, and take my swimsuit off and put on dry clothes.

As far as what they did if it rained, I don't think the boat went out of it's garage unless it was sunny. I should also mention that this was a private lake, which they owned and I was a guest...so you play by the rules if you ever want an invite back!

SD190EVO
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
You should have had an 'accident' in his boat and blamed it on a bladder control problem.

jk! - I am almost as bad and my buddy calls me the guy that doesnt get his boat wet.