PDA

View Full Version : How should UMP spring the question?

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Since UMP is selling his BOTE to buy the misses a ring. How should he spring the question on her.

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Pasties all the way.

Better yet, put the ring in a pastie, or on a pastie. Perhaps UMP could have a pastie wearer strike Ms/Mrs. UMP with her ring tied to a tassel on a pastie.

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Pasties all the way.

Better yet, put the ring in a pastie, or on a pastie. Perhaps UMP could have a pastie wearer strike Ms/Mrs. UMP with her ring tied to a tassel on a pastie.

THAT PERFECT!!!!!! Of course, the Pastie should be none other than Mint flavored. :D

UMP will get some lovin that night!

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
UMP will get some lovin that night!

Some of that sweet pastie love.

A little Marvin

- Let's have a pastie....oh let's have a pastie.

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Them MINT pasties are about the best africandesiac thar is. :D

Ole UMP will be so sore he won't ski the rest of the season.

Farmer Ted
10-03-2006, 11:17 PM
tell her she'll have to hold off on a expensive ring until he can afford it?

tell her if she wants a huge ring, she's going to have to make the boat payment for a year or two

sell the boat and pre-pay an attorney in 2006 dollars so the divorce will be cheaper in 2008/9 (What no Rick Lakes option)

get a ring from Blue Nile and save yourself some money

don't buy the hype

Leroy
10-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I can't believe this is the same guy that PM'd me constantly about no way, not going to happen, never, nada....what happened in the course of a week?

Good thing I kept those PM's, but they will never see daylight UMP!!!!

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I can't believe this is the same guy that PM'd me constantly about no way, not going to happen, never, nada....what happened in the course of a week?

Good thing I kept those PM's, but they will never see daylight UMP!!!!

All this talk about getting snipped put him in the mood to seal the deal.

I still agree w/ Lakey, the pastie is probably the best way to make it memorable. Although........a very close 2nd would be to proclaim Port side the only side. :D

Leroy
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
I think he needs to take her out for a champaign evening cruise and pop the question and then ask her to give him a pull! UMP needs to get her in the boating mood, maybe not ask her to give him a pull!

Who could ask someone to sell their boat after being proposed in it??????

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 11:28 PM
All this talk about getting snipped put him in the mood to seal the deal.

I still agree w/ Lakey, the pastie is probably the best way to make it memorable. Although........a very close 2nd would be to proclaim Port side the only side. :D

Just make sure that she doesn't claim stern side the no side. :eek3:

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Lets see a picture of her first:D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Lets see a picture of her first:D
I second the request before I vote.....

sizzler
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM
shouldnt they add up to 100%.....:confused:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

OMG, this is hilarious!!! JR, you da master! :worthy: THe options on that poll are brilliant!:D

And NO!!:mad: I am NOT posting pics of Ms. UMP here! Jr got ahold of my boat pics and him and Cap'n Erk put it up for sale on the net. If I post pics of Ms. UMP here, they will put her up for sale on the net......:rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 08:31 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

OMG, this is hilarious!!! JR, you da master! :worthy: THe options on that poll are brilliant!:D

And NO!!:mad: I am NOT posting pics of Ms. UMP here! Jr got ahold of my boat pics and him and Cap'n Erk put it up for sale on the net. If I post pics of Ms. UMP here, they will put her up for sale on the net......:rolleyes:
Don't make us look for her on the internet.....

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Now, If I recall she isn't from the northwoods, she travelled there for a better more relaxed life.
If she originated there, my first guess would be.........8p

10-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Now, If I recall she isn't from the northwoods, she travelled there for a better more relaxed life.
If she originated there, my first guess would be.........8p
your close WFT! I passed her up for Ms. UMP!:D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
your close WFT! I passed her up for Ms. UMP!:D
Hey, UMP. Not to TOTALLY :rolleyes: railroad jack your thread. But do you know of any contractors around that build steel buildings in your area? I have another buddy that is in process of buying a place up there, and he will be needing a storage building.

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 09:02 AM
UMP, If I were you, I would go to Wal-Mart and get the ring and also buy a tube of wheel bearing grease and put the ring in the grease to find when she packs your wheel bearings!

Ric
10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Must already be gettin cold in da up, aye ump? :rolleyes:

is the monza up for sale too? (ups shipping of course)

Tryin-again
10-04-2006, 09:15 AM
WHATEVER happens.... make sure you involve the MC when to do the deed... That way when the Mrs. starts saying that we need to sell the boat for a new house/car/kids or something else - you can say -

BUT, Honey that is where it all happened! "You wouldn't want to ruin the romantic memories that I have EVERY time I get to go out on the boat" Etc.etc. :D

10-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey, UMP. Not to TOTALLY railroad jack your thread. But do you know of any contractors around that build steel buildings in your area? I have another buddy that is in process of buying a place up there, and he will be needing a storage building.
WHAT?? :mad: derail MY thread???? I'm so insulted! I would NEVER do that to anyone else!8p ;)

PM at ya real soon WFT:)

10-04-2006, 09:23 AM
UMP, If I were you, I would go to Wal-Mart and get the ring and also buy a tube of wheel bearing grease and put the ring in the grease to find when she packs your wheel bearings!
Now THAT is true romance! Imagine that! a woman that takes care of my boat trailer like that, be still my beating heart!:D

10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Must already be gettin cold in da up, aye ump?

The Monza......mmmmm.....you never know......:rolleyes: Depends on my mood....if the right offer were to come along...you never know....I could sell....

The boat, NEVER!:noface:

Just for the record, UMP is NOT selling the boat. NEVER!:mad:

and UMP is not popping the question at this time. All in good time my friends, all in good time. We have got a ways to go before that happens. Patience lads, patience! Dont worry, outside of my family & friends, you will all be first to know!;)

LakePirate
10-04-2006, 09:47 AM

He would have no takers, it being defective and all.

As we have photo proof, one must wear a cape to ski on the thing. No Cape = OTF

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Patience lads, patience! Dont worry, outside of my family & friends, you will all be first to know!

I am soooooooooooo disappointed, we thought you considered us family and friends.:( :confused: :o

10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
I am soooooooooooo disappointed, we thought you considered us family and friends
was waiting for someone to catch that!8p Most here are like family, cept Jr as he is always bustin my arse creating grief for me!:rolleyes: selling my boat on me.... he is the anti-UMP! he loves to make my guts turn:D

richardsoncd
10-04-2006, 09:58 AM
UMP, I feel for ya. You can always work this problem in the opposite direction, such as this:

"Sweetheart, I respect you as woman of the 21st century. Just as I respect all those who fought for women's liberation and equal rights boths socially and economically. I do understand that this struggle is not over, and therefore want to do my part to abolish the double standards that are still held so high in our society. So in keeping with this and in honor of women everywhere, I am not going to be a male shovenist pig and expect to be the leader and head of household because I am a man. So instead of me asking you to marry me with a ring, I will let you to pitch in EQUALLYT on a new TT."

Let me know how that goes for you, it didn't work out to well for me.

10-04-2006, 10:05 AM
UMP, I feel for ya. You can always work this problem in the opposite direction, such as this:

"Sweetheart, I respect you as woman of the 21st century. Just as I respect all those who fought for women's liberation and equal rights boths socially and economically. I do understand that this struggle is not over, and therefore want to do my part to abolish the double standards that are still held so high in our society. So in keeping with this and in honor of women everywhere, I am not going to be a male shovenist pig and expect to be the leader and head of household because I am a man. So instead of me asking you to marry me with a ring, I will let you to pitch in EQUALLYT on a new TT."

Let me know how that goes for you, it didn't work out to well for me.

Your a gentleman and a scholar sir. There is always hope....

Keep in mind, Jr is the one pushing me to get married. not me!

Ric
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
The Monza......mmmmm.....you never know......:rolleyes: Depends on my mood....if the right offer were to come along...you never know....I could sell....

The boat, NEVER!:noface:

Just for the record, UMP is NOT selling the boat. NEVER!:mad:

and UMP is not popping the question at this time. All in good time my friends, all in good time. We have got a ways to go before that happens. Patience lads, patience! Dont worry, outside of my family & friends, you will all be first to know!;) whew ya had me fooled! I thought you were really selling that boat!

10-04-2006, 10:10 AM
whew ya had me fooled! I thought you were really selling that boat!
No, no. Dont worry, I wont sell the boat, ever!

NEVER!!!! :noface:

that boat is too fine to sell.....

LakePirate
10-04-2006, 10:25 AM
No, no. Dont worry, I wont sell the boat, ever!

NEVER!!!! :noface:

that boat is too fine to sell.....

So does that mean that Ms. UMP is not too fine to buy?

10-04-2006, 10:30 AM
So does that mean that Ms. UMP is not too fine to buy?
With your charm and hammock you wouldnt need money to win her over!:D ;) she loves orange too!

LakePirate
10-04-2006, 10:32 AM
With your charm and hammock you wouldnt need money to win her over!:D ;) she loves orange too!

Ego says - Excellent (insert MYMC's Avatar Montgomery Burns)

Common Sense says - Dude you've got one and seen the Big Love show are you crazy?

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:27 AM
was waiting for someone to catch that!8p Most here are like family, cept Jr as he is always bustin my arse creating grief for me!:rolleyes: selling my boat on me.... he is the anti-UMP! he loves to make my guts turn:D

You know I do it out of brotherly love UMP!! :D

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:31 AM
UMP your tune sure has changed in the past month or two! I remember before MM it was NO WAY NO HOW will I get hitched. At MM it was more neutral, kinda reminded me of Switzerland. After MM it was lots of talk about the woman. NOW your comments are "not at this time" will we be getting married. Mark my words now peeps. UMP will have that BOTE sold before Christmas and will be shopping at Tiffany's. :cool:

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 11:34 AM

She likes passion red as well.....:D
I know I know enough already but I had to....

Steve

10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
She likes passion red as well.....:D
I know I know enough already but I had to....

Steve
No, no, no you knucleheads! its passion pink! :rolleyes: Get with the program!:D

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Pink is good........Pink Taco that is!:D

Ric
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
It gets cold in the UP

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
eh, what shall we call this mystery woman, eh???

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 03:22 PM
eh, what shall we call this mystery woman, eh???

Mrs. UMP. :D Wait.......do you call the engaged woman a Mrs. or a Miss??? :confused:

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Mrs. UMP. :D Wait.......do you call the engaged woman a Mrs. or a Miss??? :confused:

Her as UMP's Fiancee, we could call her, UMPIANCEE, eh!

10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey JR, I just told Ms. UMP the poll options over the phone, and she says #4 is the best option along with some Yooper Beer. :D SO it looks like I get to keep the boat!!!!:dance: :headbang:

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
How about next time I am knocking her boots off here in Indy I ask her for him!8p

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I had to post this here too!
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=251282&postcount=33

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 09:24 PM
C'mon Harold! I can hook you up! She gets real lonely when she comes to Indy! My guess is after her last visit with Leroy she won't want to go back!

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey JR, I just told Ms. UMP the poll options over the phone, and she says #4 is the best option along with some Yooper Beer. :D SO it looks like I get to keep the boat!!!!:dance: :headbang:

As I said before engaged before Christmas! :D

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
C'mon Harold! I can hook you up! She gets real lonely when she comes to Indy! My guess is after her last visit with Leroy she won't want to go back!

Naw, man I was refering to UMP getting hitched and all! We need to help make this pending wedding the experience of his life!

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone else notice he said he "ran" the options by the misses? Isn't that about like taking the women to look at rings? You know, "just look" at rings.

UMP I smell something here! 8p

10-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Anyone else notice he said he "ran" the options by the misses? Isn't that about like taking the women to look at rings? You know, "just look" at rings.

UMP I smell something here! 8p
It must be all the BS you keep spewing out!;)

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 09:52 PM
It must be all the BS you keep spewing out!;)

Nah.........I double checked......I thought it was Hoosiers sheep he threw to the curb but nope....it wasn't that. Most definetely UMP is planning the day! :D

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Never throw a good sheep to the curb! They have memories like an elephant!

10-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I just talked to Ms. UMP Hoosier, she said if your that good, she may even buy you dinner!

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Never throw a good sheep to the curb! They have memories like an elephant!

Yeah these looked VERY used. No worries HB, they look used up. :D

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I just talked to Ms. UMP Hoosier, she said if your that good, she may even buy you dinner!

Tell her to call me!! We'll make dinner plans. :D

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
And desert! She has been quite accommodating!

10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Tell her to call me!! We'll make dinner plans. :D
NO way JR! I trust Hoosier cuz he said he was gonna start the "alternative lifestyle"

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 10:01 PM
C'mon UMP! You said she'd buy dinner. You know I am right!!! :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry Jeff she only buys dinner for "GOOD" sex!8p Desert is included for "GREAT" sex! You may qualify for the after dinner mint?8p C'mon UMP! You said she'd buy dinner. You know I am right!!! :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Sorry Jeff she only buys dinner for "GOOD" sex!8p Desert is included for "GREAT" sex! You may qualify for the after dinner mint?8p

Is that why she took you to McDonalds then? :rolleyes:

If we are playing by those rules I'll take Mortons please. :D

Hoosier Bob
10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry Jeff but you are too late! She knows the Hoosier brings the goods! Once you go Hoosier well lets just say you are all lucky!8p
I am just one man!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-05-2006, 08:16 AM

Well, after looking at the choices spelled out here. I believe we have no choice to call Miss OR Mrs UMP anything other than "MUMP" ............ Can that be right..:rolleyes:

Mi.mc
10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
ha ha i managed to vote for all of them some how

10-08-2006, 05:27 PM
I found the perfect ring! It is SO romantic! I am going to give Ms. UMP a hoseclamp off of my prostar 190 as a ring! whatcha think???:D

TMCNo1
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I found the perfect ring! It is SO romantic! I am going to give Ms. UMP a hoseclamp off of my prostar 190 as a ring! whatcha think???:D

I hope it was the screw type not the spring kind!

6ballsisall
10-08-2006, 11:09 PM

UMP my wife saw a Tiffany's today downtown. She wanted me to stop so she could shop for the future misses. I bet if you talk sweet you could get them to take the 190 in on trade for her ring. :D

erkoehler
10-08-2006, 11:13 PM
UMP my wife saw a Tiffany's today downtown. She wanted me to stop so she could shop for the future misses. I bet if you talk sweet you could get them to take the 190 in on trade for her ring. :D

I'll take the 190 in on consignment....:D

UMP, I'll gaurantee you 5k for it;)

6ballsisall
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I'll take the 190 in on consignment....:D

UMP, I'll gaurantee you 5k for it;)

Let me know when it comes in Erk. You and I can take it for a "test run" on the Fox. :D

erkoehler
10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Let me know when it comes in Erk. You and I can take it for a "test run" on the Fox. :D

Yeah, I'll let Jereme teach you how to lake test boats:D

6ballsisall
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I'll let Jereme teach you how to lake test boats:D

I think I got the picture the other day. :D

UMP, there is this REALLY nice little Island on Fox lake. Bring the bote down for consignment to Erk and we'll test the bote out. I really want to see how well it will pull power turns around the island. You know, just like HB did around the no wake buoy. :D

erkoehler
10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
:eek3: :shocked: :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Throw in the towel on the whole thing Ump, don't obligate yourself to one woman. If you did, what would be left for you and HB to talk about.....

10-09-2006, 09:44 AM
OH dont worry, The Watchers! thread will live on forever, Dr. Hoosier will be administering Hoosiertherapy there for a long time my friend!:)

TMCNo1
10-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I'll take the 190 in on consignment....

UMP, I'll gaurantee you 5k for it,

Be sure to have one of the mechanics check out the engine for missing hose clamp/engagement ring clamps before the test ride, you don't want it popping a hose at WOT!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
OH dont worry, The Watchers! thread will live on forever, Dr. Hoosier will be administering Hoosiertherapy there for a long time my friend!:)
The "deal" I mentioned is in "negotiations"........ STILL!!!

10-09-2006, 11:53 AM
The "deal" I mentioned is in "negotiations"........ STILL!!!
What deal?:confused: :confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
What deal?:confused: :confused:
Remember the steel buildings..???????.......

10-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Remember the steel buildings..???????.......
Oh yea, I do. did you just mention that in passing? or was that supposed to be tied into my saga here?? (thats where I got confused, Hey, its monday)

6ballsisall
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I think White Russians will be involved in the asking process for UMP. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh yea, I do. did you just mention that in passing? or was that supposed to be tied into my saga here?? (thats where I got confused, Hey, its monday)
Nothin' like a good 'ol De-Railroadin'.....8p

10-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Nothin' like a good 'ol De-Railroadin'.....8p
Now your talkin my langauge!!!:) THREADJACK!!!:cool: :D

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Now your talkin my langauge!!!:) THREADJACK!!!:cool: :D
OH I gET it NoW, you would RatheR KeEp TaLkIn' BouT the WeddiN' plans.....Sorry, thought you could use a break....8p

10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
OH I gET it NoW, you would RatheR KeEp TaLkIn' BouT the WeddiN' plans.....Sorry, thought you could use a break....8p

THanks! I CuD Uuse the BrAke.:) ThOSE GuyZ aRe TUff oN meE!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-09-2006, 12:23 PM
As my buddy always said, "Marriage,........ it's a great institution"......

(Guys... Feel free to use that one as often as you wish, it hasn't been copywritten yet)