PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had thier junk sawed on?

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 12:04 PM
As in.....

Can anyone share thier visectomy (sp?) experiences?

TIA

Steve

peason
10-03-2006, 12:05 PM
No, but considering the same thing myself.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 12:12 PM
No hands on:eek: experience here. But I'd bet it hurts....:firejump: :firejump:

Sorry, I thought those two smilies were appropriate.....

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
No hands on:eek: experience here. But I'd bet it hurts....:firejump: :firejump:

Sorry, I thought those two smilies were appropriate.....

I get it....:rolleyes:

mitch
10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Had it done 13 years ago when my twin boys were 2 y/o. No regrets. Played pool that night with a frozen bag of pea's in my shorts. Very little pain and I was hmmm , 'back in the saddle' in about 4 days if I recall correctly.

bcampbe7
10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I have not personally been through this but know many that have. According to them, it is not as bad as one would think.

PM at ya Mari...

Tryin-again
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Had it done 13 years ago when my twin boys were 2 y/o. No regrets. Played pool that night with a frozen bag of pea's in my shorts. Very little pain and I was hmmm , 'back in the saddle' in about 4 days if I recall correctly.

Buddy of mine said it felt like someone had kicked him there (hard) - for about 4-5 days... :eek:

east tx skier
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Former coworker of mine described it as having lead weights tied to the old bean bag for two days, but no biggie after that.

pram
10-03-2006, 12:29 PM
There is nothing to it. I had it done last year on a Friday about 11:00 am. I sat around the house that night, the next day I was out boating, no skiing though. Never looked back since. Have heard horror stories though of guys swelling up like grapefruit after.:(

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Mari are you contemplating something??? :confused: :D

The wife wants me to go under the knife after we have #2. not sure I can do it!!

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Have heard horror stories though of guys swelling up like grapefruit after.:(
A friend of mine had that, had to go back......."in".... :toast:

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM

The wife wants me to go under the knife after we have #2. not sure I can do it!!

Yes I am Jeff. The inner child in me thinks I may still have a shot at marrying a twenty two year old hottie though, know what I mean?:D

Honey if your reading this I am totally kidding.

If you are a twenty two year hottie I am not....

east tx skier
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes I am Jeff. The inner child in me thinks I may still have a shot at marrying a twenty two year old hottie though, know what I mean?:D

Honey if your reading this I am totally kidding.

If you are a twenty two year hottie I am not....

Well, if that happens, just call 713-REVERSE.

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
A buddy of mine who is 44 just had his reversed. Of course he just got re-married to a early thirties little cutie - kinda makes you go hmmmmmm.

bcampbe7
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
A buddy of mine who is 44 just had his reversed. Of course he just got re-married to a early thirties little cutie - kinda makes you go hmmmmmm.

x2, except my buddy is 36 and married a 24 year old is going to have his reversed in a few months.

On another note, my uncle had it done and has a kid to prove it. :rolleyes: It didn't work, and yes, the kid is his.

Tryin-again
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM

THAT'S MY FAVORITE - There is a sign between Austin & Houston with that 713-reverse - Kind of like a McDonalds sign.... Ya think a lot of folks driving down the highway say " Hey, that's cool - let's pull over and get De-Cut..." :D

stevo137
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
LOL!
First of all, yes, I had it done appr. 7 years ago and have no regrets. I have heard the stories about how it didn't hurt from some guys but in my case it was very painful for about 20 minutes per side. I drove myself home in a snowstorm, put a bag of ice where it counts and drank an entire bottle of red wine.
This is a funny story. The week prior to my procedure, I was in a meeting with customers in Minneapolis and during dinner one of the guys started telling us about his future marriage to a younger woman who wanted children. He was quite a bit older and was divorced and already had the big 'V". It turns out that he had the same doctor as I did and had it reversed. $5,000 and it's micro surgery!
Point is, be sure because you are not guaranteed that the reversal will be successful.
But again I say, pain and all, it was worth it. ;)

bigmac
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
I've never had a vasectomy, but I've done many. Here's my take FWIW. Note that it's not exactly a politically correct point of view.

Yes, a scrotal hematoma is a distinct possibility, and that represents ongoing discomfort for weeks. There is also a possibility of loss of one testicle (or both if you're really unlucky). Under the best of circumstances, it's 3-7 days of discomfort which will impair most physical activity. Additionally, note that you aren't sterile right away - birth control must be used for 6-8 weeks after the vasectomy, or until a semen sample (yes, you will have to provide at least a couple of these over a few months) show no sperm cells.

OTOH, a laparoscopic tubal sterilization for a women is a 10 minute procedure with negligible discomfort, return to all normal activities the next day, sterile right away, significantly lower complication risk than vasectomy.

The failure rate is basically the same for either procedure.

Setting equality issues aside, a tubal makes more sense than vasectomy for a couple IMHO. Now, this is speaking strictly objectively. Subjective issues, such as "I had the babies, you can get the sterilization" are valid within a relationship context and I won't argue those. I'm only speaking from a medical standpoint - tubal for the woman is a better choice.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
LOL!
First of all, yes, I had it done appr. 7 years ago and have no regrets. I have heard the stories about how it didn't hurt from some guys but in my case it was very painful for about 20 minutes per side. I drove myself home in a snowstorm, put a bag of ice where it counts and drank an entire bottle of red wine.
This is a funny story. The week prior to my procedure, I was in a meeting with customers in Minneapolis and during dinner one of the guys started telling us about his future marriage to a younger woman who wanted children. He was quite a bit older and was divorced and already had the big 'V". It turns out that he had the same doctor as I did and had it reversed. $5,000 and it's micro surgery!
Point is, be sure because you are not guaranteed that the reversal will be successful.
But again I say, pain and all, it was worth it. ;)

I imagine at some point I will get a "V". but Ms. UMP says she wants to get married and pollute the earth with our DNA first!:D

Go for it Staristar! Normally I would offer to do any type of easy surgery for you cheaper as I dabbled in taxidermy and I am an engineer, so in some third world countries I think that qualifies me as a "doctor". But in this case, I wont offer. I dont get into trimming the twig and berries. :cool:

MarkP
10-03-2006, 01:21 PM

My wife wanted the same thing. (we have three now)
AND we’ll have a whole dam bus load of kids before I let someone at me with a knife or whatever they use!

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 01:21 PM
I imagine at some point I will get a "V". but Ms. UMP says she wants to get married and pollute the earth with our DNA first!:D

God help us all!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D

stevo137
10-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I've never had a vasectomy, but I've done many. Here's my take FWIW. Note that it's not exactly a politically correct point of view.

Yes, a scrotal hematoma is a distinct possibility, and that represents ongoing discomfort for weeks. There is also a possibility of loss of one testicle (or both if you're really unlucky). Under the best of circumstances, it's 3-7 days of discomfort which will impair most physical activity. Additionally, note that you aren't sterile right away - birth control must be used for 6-8 weeks after the vasectomy, or until a semen sample (yes, you will have to provide at least a couple of these over a few months) show no sperm cells.

OTOH, a laparoscopic tubal sterilization for a women is a 10 minute procedure with negligible discomfort, return to all normal activities the next day, sterile right away, significantly lower complication risk than vasectomy.

Setting equality issues aside, a tubal makes more sense than vasectomy for a couple IMHO. Now, this is speaking strictly objectively. Subjective issues, such as "I had the babies, you can get the sterilization" are valid within a relationship context and I won't argue those. I'm only speaking from a medical standpoint - tubal for the woman is a better choice.
Well there ya' go Steve!
You won't get a better response and opinion than this.
Mac, was I correct regarding the reversal and have you ever done one? Just curious if my memory is on.

RickDV

That works about as well as going reverse in your MC...it's hard to get it right! :D

My wife wanted the same thing. (we have three now)
AND we’ll have a whole dam bus load of kids before I let someone at me with a knife or whatever they use!

I heard they use those big survival type kinves like Rambo had, the kind with the big jagged top on it.....

10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
That works about as well as going reverse in your MC...it's hard to get it right! :D
Hey Hoosier Bob taught me to do this at Mag Mania. I did it myself yesterday at the marina when I went skiing!:D It really does work!

10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
God help us all!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D
Yea, how scary is THAT Jr?????? Imagine biological descendants of me!!!!:eek3: BTW, women dont feed babies formula in the U.P. we start feeding those kids pasties right at birth!;)

MarkP
10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I heard they use those big survival type kinves like Rambo had, the kind with the big jagged top on it.....http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/holy-sheep.gif!!! Not for me!!!

shepherd
10-03-2006, 01:36 PM

I thought it was hard to get it left :confused:

RickDV
10-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I thought it was hard to get it left :confused:

To a dyslexic it's all the same. :rolleyes:

10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
To a dyslexic it's all the same. :rolleyes:
and to drunks like hoosier its all the same too. Maybe we werent really going left.....:uglyhamme

M-Funf
10-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I had my FIRST vasectomy two years ago last June. I was required to submit two "samples" after the procedure. The first after 4 weeks and 20 shots across the bow. It was clear of any swimmers. The second sample was 4 weeks after that and 20 shots across the bow again...

My second sample had "a few swimmers", so they asked me to submit a third sample after another 4/20. The third sample had 1.5 MILLION swimmers, so they deemed the procedure a true failure.

I went in for my SECOND vasectomy about two months later. I submitted three samples after the second procedure, and they were all clear.

You may want to consider this: In my first vas. the doc cut the vas deferentia (latin plural), did NOT remove a short segment, and only cauterized one open end (the one farthest from the boys). This, according to him, is to prevent granuloma (leakage which causes an inflammatory reaction). This is the currently accepted practice for vasectomy.

In the second procedure, he didn't want the chance of having another failure, so he cut a 1-2cm section of vas out and cauterized both open ends. So far, I've had no problems.

As far as the procedure goes, I felt searing pain during most of the 30 minutes. The doc used nearly 130cc of local anesthetic to numb the area, but in my case, it didn't get it all. At one point, he clamped onto something with some mosquito forceps, and I nearly went through the ROOF :eek3: Even the people outside the room heard me on that one...I'm not trying to dissuade you from having this done, just trying to prepare you for what you MIGHT feel...

I can make the following two recommendations:

1. After the procedure...ICE, ICE, ICE. And just when you think you've had enough...MORE ICE!!!

2. Even though your doc may only require ONE sample post-op (Which is the standard at Kaiser), make sure you supply two samples. Had I not supplied the second sample, I would have though I was shooting blanks.

Enjoy;)

bigmac
10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Mac, was I correct regarding the reversal and have you ever done one? Just curious if my memory is on.

I've never done a vasectomy reversal. But you're correct - the success rate is somewhere between 30-60%, typically.

bigmac
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I had my FIRST vasectomy two years ago last June. I was required to submit two "samples" after the procedure. The first after 4 weeks and 20 shots across the bow. It was clear of any swimmers. The second sample was 4 weeks after that and 20 shots across the bow again...

My second sample had "a few swimmers", so they asked me to submit a third sample after another 4/20. The third sample had 1.5 MILLION swimmers, so they deemed the procedure a true failure.

I went in for my SECOND vasectomy about two months later. I submitted three samples after the second procedure, and they were all clear.

You may want to consider this: In my first vas. the doc cut the vas deferentia (latin plural), did NOT remove a short segment, and only cauterized one open end (the one farthest from the boys). This, according to him, is to prevent granuloma (leakage which causes an inflammatory reaction). This is the currently accepted practice for vasectomy.

In the second procedure, he didn't want the chance of having another failure, so he cut a 1-2cm section of vas out and cauterized both open ends. So far, I've had no problems.

As far as the procedure goes, I felt searing pain during most of the 30 minutes. The doc used nearly 130cc of local anesthetic to numb the area, but in my case, it didn't get it all. At one point, he clamped onto something with some mosquito forceps, and I nearly went through the ROOF :eek3: Even the people outside the room heard me on that one...I'm not trying to dissuade you from having this done, just trying to prepare you for what you MIGHT feel...

I can make the following two recommendations:

1. After the procedure...ICE, ICE, ICE. And just when you think you've had enough...MORE ICE!!!

2. Even though your doc may only require ONE sample post-op (Which is the standard at Kaiser), make sure you supply two samples. Had I not supplied the second sample, I would have though I was shooting blanks.

Enjoy;)

Not an uncommon story taking each part individually, but to put them all together in one patient represents some rather bad luck.

Removing a segment of vas is pretty standard. Yes the procedure does tend to hurt. The local anesthetic tends to be MOSTLY successful, but its administration itself hurts - a sharp pinch to anesthetize the skin, then insert the needle to infiltrate local anesthetic around the vas deferens, which feels like getting kicked HARD in the balls for a couple of seconds. Have to do all this twice - once on each side. If the anesthetic doesn't take well on one or either side, cutting and cauterizing does definitely tend to hurt.

stevo137
10-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Enjoy;)
Now you got me thinkin'! :confused:
I only gave one sample after 4 weeks! (no swimmers)

M-Funf
10-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Not an uncommon story taking each part individually, but to put them all together in one patient represents some rather bad luck.

Removing a segment of vas is pretty standard. Yes the procedure does tend to hurt. The local anesthetic tends to be MOSTLY successful, but its administration itself hurts - a sharp pinch to anesthetize the skin, then insert the needle to infiltrate local anesthetic around the vas deferens, which feels like getting kicked HARD in the balls for a couple of seconds. Have to do all this twice - once on each side. If the anesthetic doesn't take well on one or either side, cutting and cauterizing does definitely tend to hurt.

At one point, he began to cauterize one open end, and a shot of pain went all the way up my back to my neck! I think I nearly broke all the bones in my wifes hands I was squeezing them so hard...

The assistant nearly jumped out of her skin, and her eyes were as big as saucers!...The doc simply said "you felt that????" and gave me more anesthesia...

M-Funf
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Now you got me thinkin'! :confused:
I only gave one sample after 4 weeks! (no swimmers)

Yeah, I have lots of friends who say the same...now they're re-thinking another sample...

erkoehler
10-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Honestly never thought I'd see this topic come up on TMC:eek:

bigmac
10-03-2006, 02:13 PM
At one point, he began to cauterize one open end, and a shot of pain went all the way up my back to my neck! I think I nearly broke all the bones in my wifes hands I was squeezing them so hard...

The assistant nearly jumped out of her skin, and her eyes were as big as saucers!...The doc simply said "you felt that????" and gave me more anesthesia...

Been there...done that.

And by that I mean I've done that to guys. I hate it when that happens.

I'm not a big fan of vasectomy.

M-Funf
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Been there...done that.

And by that I mean I've done that to guys. I hate it when that happens.

I'm not a big fan of vasectomy.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of having one done, either, much less TWO!

Ric
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
It's a real shame Gene does not chime in here any more

skeeler
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
As in.....

TIA

Steve
Not going anywhere near that area with anything sharp........:D

prostar205
10-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Best 20 minutes of my life. Not painfull, but "wierd" feeling. I would highly suggest 2 weeks of couch time with a few bags of peas. I tried to milk (pardon the pun) my level of pain as much as possible to the wife so I would not have to do anything but lay on the couch and watch sports. It worked.

I had a buddy that after 3 days decided he wanted to go for a dip in his hot tub - WRONG MOVE. His twin lima beans swelled up to size of golf balls.

Best of all, no one can EVER say your the father of my kid after you get this little procedure done. Well worth the pain and time.

SteveO
10-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Steve you turn 40 and now she wants you to loose the boys? This whole mid-life thing must be getting to ya. Seriously, had the gun turned into a starter pistol a year or two ago and it was relatively painless. Had it done on a Friday PM and was flying for business the following Tuesday

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
It's a real shame Gene does not chime in here any more
It's funny you chime in here Rach....Ever had this done.....:rolleyes:

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 04:12 PM

How did I know you would give the insight I need.

As always thank you Bigmac.....

Oooh honey you'd better come read this thread on TMC cause my boys are going out unprotected:D :D

Steve

milkmania
10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Quotes:
Jill Taylor: So what d'you think?
Tim Taylor: I think I have more questions.
Jill Taylor: Okay, such as what?
Tim Taylor: Do they make a home kit so I can do it right here in the garage?
Jill Taylor: I don't think so.
Tim Taylor: Could this count as your birthday present?
Jill Taylor: Absolutely, yeah. For once, I wouldn't have to stand in line and return it.
Tim Taylor: And, um, while I'm preparing for this, will you go out a find me very, very mild aftershave?
Jill Taylor: [laughs] Yeah, I'll work on that, yeah.
Tim Taylor: Gotta be careful about slapping it on, too

yep, had it done

jraben8
10-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Mine was no big deal at all. I was there and home in under 1 hour. 5 hours rotating peas between my shorts and the freezer. Second day, peas for about an hour then I was good after that but I didn't do ANYTHING that could strain any muscles around there for 3-4 days.

All of the horror stories I had heard were from the guys that tried to play golf the following day because they felt so good that morning.

10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
All of the horror stories I had heard were from the guys that tried to play golf the following day because they felt so good that morning.
TRU DAT! thats what I have heard too! I hear if you FOLLOW the doctors directions, you have very little discomfort at all. But most I have talked to dont follow directions and pay the price in pain. :rolleyes:

jraben8
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
That is exactly right and I have friends that will vouch for it. Some of them decided not to. Anything cold after the fact is too late...

Footin
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Had mine done four years ago, no big deal.

Walked into the Doctors office at 2:50, got back in the car to drive myself home at 3:20. Spent the evening with a froozen bag of pea's and was fine in a day or two.

99xstar
10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I took the easy way out and had mine done over 7 years ago along with a hernia repair. I was out of it the whole time. Took it easy afterwards and have had no problems.

stevo137
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I took the easy way out and had mine done over 7 years ago along with a hernia repair. I was out of it the whole time. Took it easy afterwards and have had no problems.
Awe man, that doesn't count! We want to hear the "pain" stories! :D

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Who thinks UMP should have one?

Don't we already have enough superheroes???8p :D

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 09:58 PM

Don't we already have enough superheroes???8p :D

TRU DAT!!!!!!!!!

Just messing UMPEE!!! Once you get that bote sold I am sure the soon to be wife will be ready to hammer out a few munchkins. :D

10-03-2006, 10:01 PM

Don't we already have enough superheroes???
I told ya I will eventually!:rolleyes: but first, Ms. UMP wants to get married, and then pollute and litter the earth with my chirren first!:D Soon my demon spawn will inhabit the earth!:uglyhamme THEN, we can focus on cutting my (*#%@#

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I told ya I will eventually!:rolleyes: but first, Ms. UMP wants to get married, and then pollute and litter the earth with my chirren first!:D Soon my demon spawn will inhabit the earth!:uglyhamme THEN, we can focus on cutting my (*#%@#

UMP whats stopping you brutha. I already offered to take that bote off your hands. :D

10-03-2006, 10:19 PM
UMP whats stopping you brutha. I already offered to take that bote off your hands. :D
NO!!!I will need that bote to sleep in once I get married!:cool:

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 10:21 PM
NO!!!I will need that bote to sleep in once I get married!:cool:

Well git wit it brutha!! Yer woman called and she wants da ring!! :cool:

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Sounds Kinky but as you all know I am up for anything! The little lady has the Bosch Scrot, I mean Scroll saw in hand but which blade should we use? Metal, carbonite oh yeah I remember, WOOD!8p

10-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Well git wit it brutha!! Yer woman called and she wants da ring!! :cool:
Shut up Jr!:mad: I can only buy so many boxes of cracker jacks!!!!! and I got $37.50 into that dam machine in teh entrance at walmart trying to get that one in there......so back off!!! give a brutha some room to breath!:D

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Been dating for 11 years! The ring is the ring of death! I still enjoy all of the pleasures I signed up for! UMP should stand for U may procrastonate!

stevo137
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Been dating for 11 years! The ring is the ring of death! I still enjoy all of the pleasures I signed up for! UMP should stand for U may procrastonate!
It's time HB!
Mrs. and I can't wait to dance at your wedding...

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
This thread make me sick to the stomach.

If I lose this argument one day. They are going to have to knock me out cold.

10-03-2006, 10:36 PM
This thread make me sick to the stomach.

If I lose this argument one day. They are going to have to knock me out cold.
Hoosier will probably want to be there with you!;) 8p

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
So there is someone that would actually share nups with you Lakey? I am jealous!

10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Thank you Hoosier, thats good advice! Tell Ms. UMP that when you see her!:) put in a good word for me!:D

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
So there is someone that would actually share nups with you Lakey? I am jealous!

Don't really know that "share" is the appropriate word.

10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Told you so!!!!!

Lakey, what happend to your avatar??????:confused: :confused:

10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Don't really know that "share" is the appropriate word.
whatever you say, Ron Jeremy.:cool: :D

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Told you so!!!!!

Lakey, what happend to your avatar??????:confused: :confused:

More like what you are used to seeing lately is it?

Hoosier Bob
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
"F" Mariiiage or whatever you call it! There are alot of I's in there and they are all hers! I just screw, I am not good at anything else! Talk is for the weak! Oh yeah I ski occasionally! Why do we have to proclaim out intentions? So we can be shat on at a later date? Yes I am with Lakes Rick on this one. I am as honest and forthright as they come. I do not cheat, lie or steal there fore I do not comit!

Leroy
10-03-2006, 11:28 PM
HB, all this bitter talk you sound like UMP last week, well somewhat....are you going to be next in line????

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Three pages of threadjack later:rolleyes:

jimmer2880
10-04-2006, 06:23 AM
I had it done in the spring. Actual procedure was extremely painful. Felt like my boys were in a vice - & the doc was barely touching them. He asked if I wanted more numbing - I told him I can handle the pain, since he already had 1 done :firejump: . Entire procedure only took 10 minutes. Do yourself a favor - & shave before you go in. The nurse got out this mid-evil looking disposable razor....:cry: I said - no thanks, it's already done (whew.... glad I was prepared).

That was nothing though..... The dissolvable stitches I had in each side got infected & swelled up my sac the size of a grapefruit. After 2 weeks I finally found a tiny piece of stitch on each side & yanked them out. Was back to normal 2 days later.

So - if you decide to get 'er done.... be sure that you get enough numbing juice.

sizzler
10-04-2006, 07:37 AM
ouch...........i will never lose this arguement,and get it done........i reckon if i did,the lil lady indoors would be laughing her pants off at my agony....then she would dump me and hook up with a young stud..leaving me seedless and homeless:D

River Rat
10-04-2006, 09:05 AM
After 3 kids I had it done 14 years ago and it was painless, But I never went back to get checked.........(you know where this is heading). 3 years later I divorced and Married a younger woman with no kids. We saw that bill board between Houston and San Antonio and started talking about a reversal, then BAM here comes Josh man. WOW did I get lucky...... Ether the Doc did a poor job or the Mail man saved me 6,000 dollars. ether way I was happy. now we are talking about me getting cut again.

Word of advice..... follow the doc's instructions

My running Buddy at the time had it done also and felt so good the next day he went out and cut his grass with a push mower:o ...He didn't get off the couch for 2 weeks after that, can you say grape fruit:rolleyes:

pilot02
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I've been seriously considering this.

How many of you all have had the "traditional" procedure vs the "No Scalpal?"

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Somewhat related subject, but not the "V". In 1991, My employers immature crazy brother backhanded me in the privates with his fist, causing a Hydrocele. A sac of fluid formed in my left bean bag over the next few weeks, the size of a very large baked potato and had to be removed surgically in an 2 hour outpatient operation. Yes, they cut open the port ballast bag to remove it and it took 22 stiches. I had to lay in the bed for 2 days, on my back, alternating a bag of ice and a heating pad. 2 hours after getting home and for the 2 days, I felt down there like a high speed train had hit me in the privates. Never want to do that again!

bigmac
10-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Somewhat related subject, but not the "V". In 1991, My employers immature crazy brother backhanded me in the privates with his fist, causing a Hydrocele. A sac of fluid formed in my left bean bag over the next few weeks, the size of a very large baked potato and had to be removed surgically in an 2 hour outpatient operation. Yes, they cut open the port ballast bag to remove it and it took 22 stiches. I had to lay in the bed for 2 days, on my back, alternating a bag of ice and a heating pad. 2 hours after getting home and for the 2 days, I felt down there like a high speed train had hit me in the privates. Never want to do that again!I can't even begin to imagine how a surgeon could drag a hydrocelectomy for a traumatic hydrocele out into a 2 hour operation. Yikes :eek:

bigmac
10-04-2006, 10:38 AM

Neglible difference between the two, IMHO. I've done it both ways, prefer the "no scalpel", but degree of discomfort and incidence of complications is pretty much the same.

10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
I can't even begin to imagine how a surgeon could drag a hydrocelectomy for a traumatic hydrocele out into a 2 hour operation. Yikes :eek:
Well I cant imagine getting back handed in the nards that bad in the first place!:eek:

M-Funf
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM

Mine was the "no scalpel" version. It's not like you think...they still have to cut a hole in the beanbag to get to the beans...

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I can't even begin to imagine how a surgeon could drag a hydrocelectomy for a traumatic hydrocele out into a 2 hour operation. Yikes :eek:

All I know is, I checked in at 6:00am and left at 10:30am, with the prep, spinal, actual surgery and recovery, I was somewhere in never-never land till the numbing really wore off laying in the bed at home, then I was in a real world of hurt!

TMCNo1
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I cant imagine getting back handed in the nards that bad in the first place!:eek:

He was standing beside me and I had my head turned away talking to a employee and I never saw it coming. 6 people saw it including the receptionist, who were threatend with their jobs, including me, if I called the police and charged him with assault. It's OK though, 3 months later his brother fired him, he immediately filed for bankruptsy. 3 years later he died of massive injuries from a MOTORCYCLE accident because he was riding with a cast on his neck and foot from surgery after the doctors told him he could not drive a CAR. He was crazy, on drugs and a alcoholic.

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
He was standing beside me and I had my head turned away talking to a employee and I never saw it coming. 6 people saw it including the receptionist, who were threatend with their jobs, including me, if I called the police and chargred him with assault. It's OK though, 3 months later his brother fired him, he immediately filed for bankruptsy. 3 years later he died of massive injuries from a MOTORCYCLE accident because he was riding with a cast on his neck and foot from surgery after the doctors told him he could not drive a CAR. He was crazy, on drugs and a alcoholic.

This guy is still alive and well. I know this for certain because his name is frickin' Hoosier Bob :dance:

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
All this talk of getting cut has firmed up my decision. IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN HERE!!!! If the wife wont do that 10 minute deal Bigmac talked about I guess ya'll better start buying stock in rain coats. Ole JR AIN'T going under the knife!!!!!!!!!

LakePirate
10-04-2006, 11:43 AM
All this talk of getting cut has firmed up my decision. IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN HERE!!!! If the wife wont do that 10 minute deal Bigmac talked about I guess ya'll better start buying stock in rain coats. Ole JR AIN'T going under the knife!!!!!!!!!

And what do you need the raincoats for? You are married....remember.

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:44 AM
And what do you need the raincoats for? You are married....remember.

no pill for the wife.......:( She' tried em all and they make her very sick......:(

bcampbe7
10-04-2006, 11:47 AM
no pill for the wife.......:( She' tried em all and they make her very sick......:(

Yeah Jeff, but after you tell her you aren't having the procedure done, you aren't going to need the raincoat! :D

Tryin-again
10-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah Jeff, but after you tell her you aren't having the procedure done, you aren't going to need the raincoat! :D

Yep, Yep, Yep....
I was in the same situation.... and the well does go dry ....

Of Course I had already told her that If we were using that equipment enough then I would already signed up to get it fixed...

:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I hope you are wrong!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Maristar210
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Keep pulling the parachute then my friend....

Workin' 4 Toys
10-04-2006, 02:16 PM
My employers immature crazy brother backhanded me in the privates with his fist, causing a Hydrocele
He'd be dead or REAL close to it...........:mad:

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Forgot all about this thread, but there is some very funny stuff in here. I had the not so pleasant version of this procedure. My doc said take it easy the rest of the day and you should be able to go to work tomorrow. I felt good next day had to make payroll so I went to the job site and checked on stuff. Walked the job(28 bldg apt. complex) then went home. Whoever said ice ice ice and dont move for 4-5 days :worthy:

Willski
05-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow......Flashbacks. Keep working on me, and one day I will be able to talk about it.

M-Funf
05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Whoever said ice ice ice and dont move for 4-5 days :worthy:

I believe the quote was:

;)

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Yes that was it and man I wish I had been smart enough to do that. :( :rolleyes:

Willski
05-04-2007, 12:25 AM

Oh, it is all coming back to me now. Especially the getting kicked HARD. That is what the doc said, but it actually felt like he was squeezing my on e boy as hard as he could. He looked at me and actually took a break. I was looking for a place to throw up. Left side....my clothes. Right side....doctor who has a firm grip on my testicle. I was going to opt either left side or straight up and hope to choke on my own vomit to put me out of my misery. I really was about to go through the ceiling!

That was the first side. The second side was slightly less painful.

sizzler
05-04-2007, 07:02 AM
ouch...........i will never lose this arguement,and get it done........i reckon if i did,the lil lady indoors would be laughing her pants off at my agony....then she would dump me and hook up with a young stud..leaving me seedless and homeless:D

wow.....these words ring true for me now......been seperated for 4 months now.....homeless,but not seedless:D

05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
wow.....these words ring true for me now......been seperated for 4 months now.....homeless,but not seedless:D
I am still thinking about getting the junk sawed on, I already went for the pre-op exam. its only one phone call and two scissor snips away......:cool: It is a big step, but I think its a good one.

jmac197
05-04-2007, 10:02 AM
From a guy who's been married for 15 years.....I had it done 9 years ago and it has made things a bit more spontaneous if you know what I mean.

Ultimately it's a couples choice, but if you're done having kids why not endure a weekend of discomfort and get on with it.

This macho crap is bs. you guys brag about your scars and tearing ligaments and breaking bones....I mean sheesh

05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
From a guy who's been married for 15 years.....I had it done 9 years ago and it has made things a bit more spontaneous if you know what I mean.

Ultimately it's a couples choice, but if you're done having kids why not endure a weekend of discomfort and get on with it.

This macho crap is bs. you guys brag about your scars and tearing ligaments and breaking bones....I mean sheesh
Oh I am not afraid of it, I am just 99.9% sure I want it done. I havent had any kids, and I really dont want any. The idea of having kids scares the hell out of me.

rock skier
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Let me point you to a hillarious but also painful trip report (TR) on this very subject over on another forum I frequent. Click here (http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38274&highlight=vasectomy)

jmac197
05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, and I may have been lucky, but I've only had one guy that I know come back with a bad experience and that was because he went snowmobiling 1 day after having it done.

After I heard that story I was glad he was kicked out of the gene pool.

I think 9 years has probably blurred my memory of the pain.

TX.X-30 fan
05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Let me point you to a hillarious but also painful trip report (TR) on this very subject over on another forum I frequent. Click here (http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38274&highlight=vasectomy)

That is freakin funny there. Had tears running I was laughing so hard. thanks for that link. It probably helps that I was in his shoes couple years ago. 8p

betsy&david Harrison
05-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I am sooo proud of all you real MEN! Mine is or was a chicken $#!%

M-Funf
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh I am not afraid of it, I am just 99.9% sure I want it done. I havent had any kids, and I really dont want any. The idea of having kids scares the hell out of me.

It scares us too, UMP 8p

I've never had kids either, and don't want any...that's why I had my junk sawed on :o

Slinkyredfoot
05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
I had the procedure done several years ago, no porblems at all, make sure you keep those bad boys iced down for at least 24 hours after. Does anyone know how difficult Chinese arithmetic is????

Maristar210
05-04-2007, 12:21 PM

The gene pool thanks you:D

05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
It scares us too, UMP 8p

I've never had kids either, and don't want any...that's why I had my junk sawed on :o
So you had your lines cut hey? cool! I have been very close to getting mine cut for about 2 years now. I just look around and see all the BS in the world, and I dont want to bring a kid into it. plus I dont think I am fatherly material. I have too much anxiety and OCD to be a good father. Kids need someone that is strong for a parent, someone for guidance, wisdom, and confidence to grow. I dont fit that bill.:o I am a professional worrier. I can successfully worry about 5 things at once with no brakes. Having a kid would probably put me into the psych ward. :o

05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
The gene pool thanks you:D
I know they do! and so do I! and Gene probably does too! :D Its probably not a good idea to litter the earth with offspring from my genetic package.

Willski
05-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I scheduled mine for last November. You don't want to be skiing right after. I was sore for 2-3 weeks, and I iced'em for about 48 hours. The kids were wondering why I was rotating from grean beans to peas every hour or so.

SNOOTYSKIER
05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Please UMP, dont have any children.....

Leroy
05-04-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, I'm staying loaded after reading that poor chap's report that Rock Skier posted.

05-04-2007, 10:44 PM
OK, I'm staying loaded after reading that poor chap's report that Rock Skier posted.
You big sissy!:rolleyes:

JLeuck64
05-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Man, I would rather get a vasectomy with a weed wacker than read through some of these posts!

Leroy
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
He man woman killer..... you wimp!

Look around you and think if you would rather have more of "them or more of you"?

I hope you say more of "you"

You big sissy!

TX.X-30 fan
05-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Man, I would rather get a vasectomy with a weed wacker than read through some of these posts!

Thats what I mean its a funny thread. :D

uawaterskier
05-05-2007, 06:49 PM
that sounds...unpleasent to say the least

TMCNo1
05-05-2007, 07:32 PM
that sounds...unpleasent to say the least

That's OK there young whippersnapper, keep up the target practice now, cause some day it will be your turn to shot blanks.:rolleyes: :D :)

6ballsisall
05-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I"ll probably be taking one for the team later this year (after daugther is born in late July) just the thought of it makes my stomach hurt :(

05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I"ll probably be taking one for the team later this year (after daugther is born in late July) just the thought of it makes my stomach hurt :(
Go for it Jeff!!! Dont let it scare you! NO problem man! The fear isnt whats stopping me from making the call. I am all set to go. pre-op exam done, just gotta make a call to schedule it. They way I see it, if you get it done, you follow instructions:lay on the couch, LOTS of ice, then more ice, and some good pain killers. your good to go in a few days. They say if you take friday off work, get the procedure done on a thursday afternoon, you are in pretty good shape by monday IF you follow the rules.

05-06-2007, 09:34 AM
He man woman killer..... you wimp!

Look around you and think if you would rather have more of "them or more of you"?

I hope you say more of "you"
It depends on who is saying "you", me or them.....:D were you drinking when you wrote that Leroy? its confusing from a grammatical standpoint.

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 02:41 PM
As in.....

TIA

Stevetheir ... there

Maristar210
05-06-2007, 03:33 PM
their ... there
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 04:41 PM
As in.....

TIA

Steve

I think by now most everything has been covered,.......................................... .................................................. ...................... Unless someone can't wear shorts or has a problem of stepping on their own junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:uglyhamme :popcorn: :uglyhamme

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: hey Mari, I ask ya .... what are friends for:confused:

Maristar210
05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
:D :D :D :D Sup footer?

09-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This thread was far too good to let it fade away, right Steve??

Maristar210
09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Post who*re

Chas
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
My brother in law and I are looking for a doctor who will do us at the same time. We have braved many things together, and we think this would be the way to go.

Hmm - let me rephrase that...

milkmania
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
My brother in law and I are looking for a doctor who will do us at the same time. We have braved many things together, and we think this would be the way to go.

that's just weird:rolleyes:

03 35th Anniversary
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM

What are you going to do hold each others hands.....8p So many things about that post that aren't right.........

TMCNo1
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Scary!:D :D :D

09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
What are you going to do hold each others hands.....8p So many things about that post that aren't right.........
:uglyhamme: :uglyhamme:

jbfootin
09-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I got mine last fall. Bad, but not as bad as I thought it would be...

My brother-in-law and one of his college buddies scheduled it for the Thursday at the begining of March madness. Put a cooler beteen 2 lazy-boys, in front of a big screen tv and watched basketball and drank beer all weekend...with the bag of frozen peas on the package....:toast:

FYI. they went to different doctors and did not hold hands:rolleyes:

09-07-2007, 03:49 PM
I got mine last fall. Bad, but not as bad as I thought it would be...

My brother-in-law and one of his college buddies scheduled it for the Thursday at the begining of March madness. Put a cooler beteen 2 lazy-boys, in front of a big screen tv and watched basketball and drank beer all weekend...with the bag of frozen peas on the package....:toast:

FYI. they went to different doctors and did not hold hands:rolleyes:
Thank goodness!