PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Prostar 190 Dial diameter (Perfect Pass)

franciscolalas
10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I have a 1992 prostar 190 and I want to fit a perfect pass.

Can anyone that has a PP installed on a similar boat, help me with some questions?

Did you replace the airguide speedometer?

What is the diameter of the speedo? (I'm only able to measure it on the weekend, and I need to know now!)

Can I fit a 5" dial or it has to be a 3,5"?

If I buy a 5" can I change de dial to 3,5"?

Thanks in advance

Francisco Figueiredo

east tx skier
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Yes, I replaced the right hand airguide speedo. It's a 3.5" gauge.

Assuming you buy a version that can be upgraded, you can pick up a new guage and chip from perfect pass. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for updateable software though. I would suspect that as more people go for the multiline display guage, more used guages and chips will be available.

Cost for the new guage and chip is $199 from perfect pass.

franciscolalas
10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks, the system im looking is a Perfect Pass Plus 6.5.

Francisco Figueiredo

east tx skier
10-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Perfect Pass's website says that any Digital Pro or Wakeboard pro system can be upgraded to the new guage. I would suggest calling them directly to see if a PP plus system can be upgraded. I recall reading than some older "plus" systems could not be upgraded, which would mean you would need to find an older 3.5" guage for the plus system.

My memory is fading on this and they are great with customer service over the phone or email.

www.perfectpass.com

BrianM
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
The 5" gauge is for Malibus. Everyone else that I am aware of uses the 3.5" gauge. Replace the Airguide speedo on the right side. If the Airguide is in good shape save it in case you need to replace the other one or in case you sell the boat and want to take the PP out. Airguide is no longer in business so the gauges are hard to come by. I have seen some that are used in good shape going for $200+ on Ebay. So selling might be an option if you need to raise some capital for the PP purchase.

milkmania
10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
The 5" gauge is for Malibus. Everyone else that I am aware of uses the 3.5" gauge. Replace the Airguide speedo on the right side. If the Airguide is in good shape save it in case you need to replace the other one or in case you sell the boat and want to take the PP out. Airguide is no longer in business so the gauges are hard to come by. I have seen some that are used in good shape going for $200+ on Ebay. So selling might be an option if you need to raise some capital for the PP purchase.

is it because those guys are blind in the first place, when they bought their boat???;)