PDA

View Full Version : 2007's Denali v. Yukon (v. Tahoe)

PendO
10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
So, sell me on the Denali vs. the Yukon

1. Different Engines
2. Different Tranny
3 .... etc

are the Denali hedlamps HID?
Is the warranty any better?

It looks like if I equip them simmilarly it is appx $4000 different, how much of that is just chrome and badging?

Also, if you want to throw in some Tahoe stuff I'm game for that too ... Thanks in advance

I'm also considering the 07 Expeditions b/c I like the 3rd row fold down seating, but some of the issues I have had with my Ford Exploder (wheel bearing failed on the way back from Seattle today) point me in the GM direction, and there are no 07 Expeditions on lots around here

Mag_Red
10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Test drive a Tahoe, drive it to a GMC dealership, and let a saleman explain why you should buy the Denali, or a Yukon, over the Chevy.:twocents:

bigmac
10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
So, sell me on the Denali vs. the Yukon

1. Different Engines
2. Different Tranny
3 .... etc

are the Denali hedlamps HID?
Is the warranty any better?

It looks like if I equip them simmilarly it is appx $4000 different, how much of that is just chrome and badging?

Also, if you want to throw in some Tahoe stuff I'm game for that too ... Thanks in advance

I'm also considering the 07 Expeditions b/c I like the 3rd row fold down seating, but some of the issues I have had with my Ford Exploder (wheel bearing failed on the way back from Seattle today) point me in the GM direction, and there are no 07 Expeditions on lots around here

I had a 2003 Denali pickup and currently have a 5.3 liter Sierra. The Sierra does just fine as a tow vehicle, so for that purpose I've discovered no advantage to a 6-liter engine even in towing a 7000 gvw horse trailer. OTOH, my lifetime mileage on that Denali was just a hair less than 14 mpg, compared to the 17-18 I get with this 5.3 liter Sierra.

The Denali cost comes from the power train and the fact that they put all the high-zoot convenience doodads on as standard - but those are virtually all available either standard on the LT/SLT package and/or as additional options. The Denali has 3/4 ton power train, but it's still a 1/2 ton frame. My headlamps were HID on high-beam only. Frankly, I didn't think it was a big deal - in fact I found the projection pattern to be annoying.

So, yeah - IMHO the bigger engine/transmission isn't a big deal, and it does cost you a lot in mileage.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Denali 380 hp 6.2L engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission. 18-inch wheels, power fold-and-tumble second row seat, heated first- and second-row seats, power liftgate, remote start and all-wheels drive.

Yukon 5.3L 320 hp 4 speed automatic

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I thought they both used the same headlights. Although the grill and trim pieces were different.

6ballsisall
10-03-2006, 08:40 AM
I saw a new Escalade on a lot next to a Yukon, the looks are so similar now it's hard to distinquish the two apart! I like them more when you could really see a difference.

BrianM
10-03-2006, 09:34 AM
I had a 2003 Denali pickup and currently have a 5.3 liter Sierra. The Sierra does just fine as a tow vehicle, so for that purpose I've discovered no advantage to a 6-liter engine even in towing a 7000 gvw horse trailer. OTOH, my lifetime mileage on that Denali was just a hair less than 14 mpg, compared to the 17-18 I get with this 5.3 liter Sierra.

The Denali cost comes from the power train and the fact that they put all the high-zoot convenience doodads on as standard - but those are virtually all available either standard on the LT/SLT package and/or as additional options. The Denali has 3/4 ton power train, but it's still a 1/2 ton frame. My headlamps were HID on high-beam only. Frankly, I didn't think it was a big deal - in fact I found the projection pattern to be annoying.

So, yeah - IMHO the bigger engine/transmission isn't a big deal, and it does cost you a lot in mileage.
Bigmac has it right. If you want the bigger motor an AWD then get the Denali. If you just want the bling get an LTZ Tahoe or SLT Yukon. They will have basicly all of the same stuff on the inside and the 20" wheels.

Also if you want something that has low range 4wd it is not available on the Denali (awd only). In that case you have to get the SLT or LTZ.

The six liter engine is known for being a huge gas pig so that will definitely be a factor. The 5.3 is no slouch in the power department. Towing capacity is also unchanged between the two.

As for warranty they are all the same for '07. 3 year 36k bumper to bumper and 6 year 100k powertrain. That is far better than the Ford.

tones03
10-03-2006, 10:16 AM
No HID headlights on the Denali, have to go up the Esclade. You get more options with the Denali, second row heated seats as 4 toys mentioned. Really comes down to powertrain and 4wd. If you need a low range, Yukon is your choice. Or if you want to 6.2L with a 6 speed for bragging rights, the denali is your chioce. Both are excellent vehicles, Denali has a little softer ride also, not very many people would notice it though.

BrianM
10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Denali has a little softer ride also, not very many people would notice it though.

The Autoride suspension that is available on the SLT Yukon and LTZ Tahoe is great. Rides really nice on the road and is load leveling for towing.

ttu
10-03-2006, 11:24 AM
i picked up a 07 tahoe with the lt-3 package. it was loaded out with 20 inch wheels, heated driver, passenger and second row seats, power tumble 2nd row along with the power lift gate.

i did not look at the denali but i did look at the yukon. i was able to get the tahoe for around 8K less than the yukon.

i will say this, i did test drive a 05 denali and did not care for the overall quality as compared then to my 03 toyota sequoia. i will say that gm has really made some great strides with the new tahoe/yukon.

PendO
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
When I try and build the vehicles online it looks like the rear seat in the Tahoe is a 2 person seat ... but the Yukon and Denali offer a 3 person seat??

Thanks for the comments on the gas pig and no low range 4WD ... we were in Seattle at the Woodland Park Zoo on Monday and I had been talking with a Ford salesman and told him I would stop by and take a look at the colors on the 07's when I was there ... he sent me a couple different window stickers to show what he had in stock ... I get there and all they have is color pamphlets and their 07's are supposedly en route:( [stop by another dealership and a nice salesman is straight with me and just says that nobody in the PNW has 07's yet - if only I had known]

Then on the way home, 100 miles into a 280 mile trip I stop at a Ford dealership in Ellensburg to find out that my drivers wheel bearing is gone and I have 2" of slop when they check the bearing on the rack pivoting the wheel in and out... needless to say I AM SO THANKFULL that the wheel did not roll off at freeway speeds, it could/would have been a bad wreck. Plus, I am having a reocurring problem with the/a transmission solenoid in 2nd and 3rd ... so it is time to fix it up and move on:) at 73K miles

PendO
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
i picked up a 07 tahoe with the lt-3 package. it was loaded out with 20 inch wheels, heated driver, passenger and second row seats, power tumble 2nd row along with the power lift gate.

i did not look at the denali but i did look at the yukon. i was able to get the tahoe for around 8K less than the yukon.

i will say this, i did test drive a 05 denali and did not care for the overall quality as compared then to my 03 toyota sequoia. i will say that gm has really made some great strides with the new tahoe/yukon.

how do you rate the 3rd row seat?

ttu
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
pendo, mine has the bucket 2nd row and the bench 3rd row which will seat 3 back there.

as for room, i really can't say because i have not sat back there. my kids sit back there all the time. (13 and 12 year old)

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I have an 07 Yukon Denali on order right now. I looked and liked the Yukon SLT but the wife liked the grill on the Denali much better plus the dash was a little on the plain side for her on the SLT, so Denali it is.

My neighbor just picked up an 07 Yukon SLT last evening and I think it is a great looking vehicle. But it has the same 5.3 that my truck has and for us lead foots it kind of a dog....IMO.

Funny how this Yukon thread keeps reappearing.

As far as the Ford goes.... you're kidding right? Two different time zones IMO...

Good Luck

Steve

PendO
10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
As far as the Ford goes.... you're kidding right? Two different time zones IMO...

Good Luck

Steve

I wish I was, I guess the "inventory" shows up online when shipped or prepped for Rail Cars, not when it actually hits the pavement at the dealership... I was a little bent (okay, a lot bent) what with lunchtime and my 3 and 1 year old having their pre-nap meltdowns upon leaving the zoo so we could go look ... maybe tomorrow when I have driven back the rental Hyundai 180 miles one way and recovered from my food poisoning (4am) we will head to the GM/Chevy dealership closer to Spokane and see what my wife thinks of the aesthetics ... she could care less what is under the hood, so I need to do my research beforehand. My kids thought the Hyundai was great, ran like a top all the way home.

BrianM
10-03-2006, 12:12 PM
it has the same 5.3 that my truck has and for us lead foots it kind of a dog....IMO.

What year is your truck? They have upped the numbers substantially for '07 some on the torque but quite a bit on hp. I had a 2003 Sierra with the 5.3. In '03 they had upped the hp from 270 hp ('02 and prior) to 285 hp. They upped it again for '04 to 295 hp and in '07 it is 320 hp. '06 and prior 5.3 had 325 ft lb torque and in '07 it went to 340 ft lb. So depending on what year your truck is there could be as much as a 50 hp difference and 15 ft lb torque.

In my opinion the 5.3 still lacks a bit in the very low end but once you get a few rpms behind it it pulls great. Pulls a whole lot better than the Ford 5.4l which is a big dog. I am buy no means a Ford hater but the 5.4 just can't compete.

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
What year is your truck? They have upped the numbers substantially for '07 some on the torque but quite a bit on hp. I had a 2003 Sierra with the 5.3. In '03 they had upped the hp from 270 hp ('02 and prior) to 285 hp. They upped it again for '04 to 295 hp and in '07 it is 320 hp. '06 and prior 5.3 had 325 ft lb torque and in '07 it went to 340 ft lb. So depending on what year your truck is there could be as much as a 50 hp difference and 15 ft lb torque.

In my opinion the 5.3 still lacks a bit in the very low end but once you get a few rpms behind it it pulls great. Pulls a whole lot better than the Ford 5.4l which is a big dog. I am buy no means a Ford hater but the 5.4 just can't compete.

Brian,

My Sierra is an '06 with the 5.3L. The truck I had previously was an '03 Sierra Denali with the 6.0L. Pretty big differenc IMO. Of course the 3.73 rear end (I think) on the Denali was helpful in this regard too...

Steve

BrianM
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Brian,

My Sierra is an '06 with the 5.3L. The truck I had previously was an '03 Sierra Denali with the 6.0L. Pretty big differenc IMO. Of course the 3.73 rear end (I think) on the Denali was helpful in this regard too...

Steve
The 3.73 is now the standard axel in all of the GMT 900 platform trucks. If you want even more grunt you can go with the 4.10 as an option.

My '03 Sierra had the 3.52 and definitely took a lot more to get rolling than the new 5.3 and the 3.73. Even with the 1200lb weight difference between the Ex cab Sierra and the Avy the two trucks seem to pull about the same.

I am not denying that the 6.0 has more grunt but boy do you have to pay for it. Most people report a 4-5mpg difference between the 6 and the 5.3

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Which one can you get a Diesel in.....:rolleyes:

bcampbe7
10-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Ford Excursion... :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Ford Excursion... :rolleyes:
Stopped makin 'em a year ago..........

Ric
10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
The 3.73 is now the standard axel in all of the GMT 900 platform trucks. If you want even more grunt you can go with the 4.10 as an option.

My '03 Sierra had the 3.52 and definitely took a lot more to get rolling than the new 5.3 and the 3.73. Even with the 1200lb weight difference between the Ex cab Sierra and the Avy the two trucks seem to pull about the same.

I am not denying that the 6.0 has more grunt but boy do you have to pay for it. Most people report a 4-5mpg difference between the 6 and the 5.3 I am very glad to hear this! GM really shot themselves in the foot with the grocery getter 5.3/3.42 combination!!! I drove it and parked it :noface: I know a guy who bought the z71 crew and hates the gutlessness of it (he tows). Beatiful truck that's easy to park, but I don't want a 342 gear or a 410 gear thank you.. I've had several 6.0 / 3.73 combo and LUV em

Workin' 4 Toys
10-03-2006, 03:36 PM
I am very glad to hear this! GM really shot themselves in the foot with the grocery getter 5.3/3.42 combination!!! I drove it and parked it :noface: I know a guy who bought the z71 crew and hates the gutlessness of it (he tows). Beatiful truck that's easy to park, but I don't want a 342 gear or a 410 gear thank you.. I've had several 6.0 / 3.73 combo and LUV em
For a few hundred bucks, he could make it right....And toss in a posi or locker while he's in there to really make it "more" right... To each there own.

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I am very glad to hear this! GM really shot themselves in the foot with the grocery getter 5.3/3.42 combination!!! I drove it and parked it :noface: I know a guy who bought the z71 crew and hates the gutlessness of it (he tows). Beatiful truck that's easy to park, but I don't want a 342 gear or a 410 gear thank you.. I've had several 6.0 / 3.73 combo and LUV em

I agree with Brenda

dapicatti
10-04-2006, 01:24 AM
We bought the 07 Denali- fully loaded- every option available including heated steering wheel. Ours has 2nd row buckets, 3rd row seats. I have sat in the 3rd row- not bad leg room (more than our old Jeep Grand Cherokee 2nd row). We always have another couple with us when we go boating and their kids, all in one truck. The DVD player is a lifesaver on those long trips to the river.

As far as gas mileage...if we are towing we know there will be a ridiculously low mileage number. It's part of the package. In town we are doing as well as we did with our 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The fit and finish have improved dramatically since 2006. They have made the interior more sophisticated, my wife loves it. All of her friends have Escalades, but she wanted the Denali. I only wish I got to drive it more.:cool:

sten76
10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
If you are still considering a new SUV, take a look at the new Mercedes GL 450. We got one back in June and it is a dream. We were looking at the Denali, but went with the MB. It tows up to 7,500 lbs like nothing is back there. We are averaging around 19 MPG total, that includes ity driving and towing. A couple bucks more, but well worth every cent. Plus, the third row is an atual row of seats. I am 6' 2" and I can easily fit back there and when the seats are not in use they fold completely flat.

Jerseydave
10-04-2006, 07:59 PM

I'm holding-out for the diesel myself.........don't want a pick-up but rather a suburban. That Duramax is one pulling machine!

Maybe GM will get their act together soon and start making one.
They would have no competition in the SUV/diesel arena. Lots of people pulling boats, trailers, horse trailer, etc. (I'd love it for my 31' travel trailer, weighs over 8000 lbs.)

tones03
10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Diesels will be availible in tahoes and 1/2 tons in 09 which would have more power than any gas engine out there including GM's. If you want a diesel wait 2 years and get it, 400 ft lbs of torque and around 275hp major powerhouse.

Ric
10-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Diesels will be availible in tahoes and 1/2 tons in 09 which would have more power than any gas engine out there including GM's. If you want a diesel wait 2 years and get it, 400 ft lbs of torque and around 275hp major powerhouse. so If I get an 07 now I will be juuuust in time to trade when the 09 deisel half tons are offered

Leroy
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I hope you are getting something different as I can't imagine this at 73k miles.

Then on the way home, 100 miles into a 280 mile trip I stop at a Ford dealership in Ellensburg to find out that my drivers wheel bearing is gone and I have 2" of slop when they check the bearing on the rack pivoting the wheel in and out... needless to say I AM SO THANKFULL that the wheel did not roll off at freeway speeds, it could/would have been a bad wreck. Plus, I am having a reocurring problem with the/a transmission solenoid in 2nd and 3rd ... so it is time to fix it up and move on:) at 73K miles

Workin' 4 Toys
10-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Diesels will be availible in tahoes and 1/2 tons in 09 which would have more power than any gas engine out there including GM's. If you want a diesel wait 2 years and get it, 400 ft lbs of torque and around 275hp major powerhouse.
Where did you get those numbers, seems kinda low....

It would seem to me Ford and GM are going to struggle to put downsized Diesels in the 1/2 tons. I've been hearing about them for awhile. I doubt they will stick the 6.6 in a 1/2 ton GM, or a 6.?(I don't remember the new displacement they are going to use) in the Ford.
Maybe V6 versions.

PendO
10-06-2006, 01:08 AM

It would seem to me Ford and GM are going to struggle to put downsized Diesels in the 1/2 tons. I've been hearing about them for awhile. I doubt they will stick the 6.6 in a 1/2 ton GM, or a 6.?(I don't remember the new displacement they are going to use) in the Ford.
Maybe V6 versions.

I was wondering the same thing ... maybe in the 3/4 ton it will be an option, but it seems like a lot of R&D to get a smaller diesel just for the 1/2 ton platform ...

Anyway, my saga is as such:

Drove the Hyundai back to Ellensburg on 4.1gallons of gas (over 40mpg) which was pretty sweet ... picked up the Exploder with the new drivers side rear wheel bearing ... evidently they had to use a cutting torch to get the old bearing off ... Geico is my car insurance and I also have the mechanical breakdown insurance w/ a $250 deductible ... so they chipped in 200 bucks toward the repair and I had a quiet ride back home (using 2.6X the amount of fuel as compared to they Hyundai) ... If I get the GM I'm going with the Yukon for the fuel economy ... however, the 3rd seat is causing some debate in my household ... as the power fold / flat fold seat of the expedition is more functional as my wife will not want to remove the 3rd row seats of the yukon/denali ... and I talked with my ford guy in Seattle today and it seems that the young salesman that had informed me that they did not have any 07's in inventory was a bit mistaken, apparently they have the 07's prepped but not on the lot so that they can move the 06's.

So, it is horsepower vs. a more functional 3rd row seat ...

I may be the guy getting beat off the line by the tahoe's, yukon's, & denalis with his 3rd row of seats folded over .... plus my wife would rather have the keypad on the outside of the vehicle ... although I prefer onstar ... someday when GM and Ford merge maybe I can have more hosepower, a great 3rd row seat, onstar, and an external keypad to unlock the vehicle ....

milkmania
10-06-2006, 02:16 AM
*snip: plus my wife would rather have the keypad on the outside of the vehicle ... although I prefer onstar ... someday when GM and Ford merge maybe I can have more hosepower, a great 3rd row seat, onstar, and an external keypad to unlock the vehicle ....

show her this8p

So, you know those cars with that keyless entry pad? The one under the driver's side handle? Well, if you look closely you will see that there are really only 5 buttons, labeled "1/2", "3/4", "5/6", "7/8", "9/0". In an effort to avoid a little confusion, I'm going to call those buttons 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9, respectively.

A little experimentation will reveal that, if the code is 11357, and you type 5113579, the door will still open! This means that with 7 characters we managed to try out 3 sequences - 51135, 11357, and 13579. After the inital 4 numbers (which sort of primed the pump) every digit tries one new sequence. Since there are 55 length 5 sequences of characters from an alphabet of size 5, we know that we'll need to try 3125 sequences total. With our intuition from above, we would hope that we could find a sequence of size 4 + 3125 (priming the pump, followed by one new sequence every keypress). It turns out that a mathematician named de Bruijn has already done all of the hard work for us on this one, and all of the relevant math can found under the names de Bruijn sequence and de Bruijn graph. But I'm not going to talk about math any further here. Right now, I am going to give you a sequence of minimal length that, when you enter it into a car's numeric keypad, is guaranteed to unlock the doors of said car. It is exactly 3129 keypresses long, which should take you around 20 minutes to go through.

9 9 9 9 1 1 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 5 1 1 1 1 7 1 1 1 1 9 1 1 1 3 3 1 1 1 3 5 1 1 1 3 7 1 1 1 3 9 1 1 1 5 3 1 1 1 5 5 1 1 1 5 7 1 1 1 5 9 1 1 1 7 3 1 1 1 7 5 1 1 1 7 7 1 1 1 7 9 1 1 1 9 3 1 1 1 9 5 1 1 1 9 7 1 1 1 9 9 1 1 3 1 3 1 1 3 1 5 1 1 3 1 7 1 1 3 1 9 1 1 3 3 3 1 1 3 3 5 1 1 3 3 7 1 1 3 3 9 1 1 3 5 3 1 1 3 5 5 1 1 3 5 7 1 1 3 5 9 1 1 3 7 3 1 1 3 7 5 1 1 3 7 7 1 1 3 7 9 1 1 3 9 3 1 1 3 9 5 1 1 3 9 7 1 1 3 9 9 1 1 5 1 3 1 1 5 1 5 1 1 5 1 7 1 1 5 1 9 1 1 5 3 3 1 1 5 3 5 1 1 5 3 7 1 1 5 3 9 1 1 5 5 3 1 1 5 5 5 1 1 5 5 7 1 1 5 5 9 1 1 5 7 3 1 1 5 7 5 1 1 5 7 7 1 1 5 7 9 1 1 5 9 3 1 1 5 9 5 1 1 5 9 7 1 1 5 9 9 1 1 7 1 3 1 1 7 1 5 1 1 7 1 7 1 1 7 1 9 1 1 7 3 3 1 1 7 3 5 1 1 7 3 7 1 1 7 3 9 1 1 7 5 3 1 1 7 5 5 1 1 7 5 7 1 1 7 5 9 1 1 7 7 3 1 1 7 7 5 1 1 7 7 7 1 1 7 7 9 1 1 7 9 3 1 1 7 9 5 1 1 7 9 7 1 1 7 9 9 1 1 9 1 3 1 1 9 1 5 1 1 9 1 7 1 1 9 1 9 1 1 9 3 3 1 1 9 3 5 1 1 9 3 7 1 1 9 3 9 1 1 9 5 3 1 1 9 5 5 1 1 9 5 7 1 1 9 5 9 1 1 9 7 3 1 1 9 7 5 1 1 9 7 7 1 1 9 7 9 1 1 9 9 3 1 1 9 9 5 1 1 9 9 7 1 1 9 9 9 1 3 1 3 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 3 1 3 7 1 3 1 3 9 1 3 1 5 3 1 3 1 5 5 1 3 1 5 7 1 3 1 5 9 1 3 1 7 3 1 3 1 7 5 1 3 1 7 7 1 3 1 7 9 1 3 1 9 3 1 3 1 9 5 1 3 1 9 7 1 3 1 9 9 1 3 3 1 5 1 3 3 1 7 1 3 3 1 9 1 3 3 3 3 1 3 3 3 5 1 3 3 3 7 1 3 3 3 9 1 3 3 5 3 1 3 3 5 5 1 3 3 5 7 1 3 3 5 9 1 3 3 7 3 1 3 3 7 5 1 3 3 7 7 1 3 3 7 9 1 3 3 9 3 1 3 3 9 5 1 3 3 9 7 1 3 3 9 9 1 3 5 1 5 1 3 5 1 7 1 3 5 1 9 1 3 5 3 3 1 3 5 3 5 1 3 5 3 7 1 3 5 3 9 1 3 5 5 3 1 3 5 5 5 1 3 5 5 7 1 3 5 5 9 1 3 5 7 3 1 3 5 7 5 1 3 5 7 7 1 3 5 7 9 1 3 5 9 3 1 3 5 9 5 1 3 5 9 7 1 3 5 9 9 1 3 7 1 5 1 3 7 1 7 1 3 7 1 9 1 3 7 3 3 1 3 7 3 5 1 3 7 3 7 1 3 7 3 9 1 3 7 5 3 1 3 7 5 5 1 3 7 5 7 1 3 7 5 9 1 3 7 7 3 1 3 7 7 5 1 3 7 7 7 1 3 7 7 9 1 3 7 9 3 1 3 7 9 5 1 3 7 9 7 1 3 7 9 9 1 3 9 1 5 1 3 9 1 7 1 3 9 1 9 1 3 9 3 3 1 3 9 3 5 1 3 9 3 7 1 3 9 3 9 1 3 9 5 3 1 3 9 5 5 1 3 9 5 7 1 3 9 5 9 1 3 9 7 3 1 3 9 7 5 1 3 9 7 7 1 3 9 7 9 1 3 9 9 3 1 3 9 9 5 1 3 9 9 7 1 3 9 9 9 1 5 1 5 3 1 5 1 5 5 1 5 1 5 7 1 5 1 5 9 1 5 1 7 3 1 5 1 7 5 1 5 1 7 7 1 5 1 7 9 1 5 1 9 3 1 5 1 9 5 1 5 1 9 7 1 5 1 9 9 1 5 3 1 7 1 5 3 1 9 1 5 3 3 3 1 5 3 3 5 1 5 3 3 7 1 5 3 3 9 1 5 3 5 3 1 5 3 5 5 1 5 3 5 7 1 5 3 5 9 1 5 3 7 3 1 5 3 7 5 1 5 3 7 7 1 5 3 7 9 1 5 3 9 3 1 5 3 9 5 1 5 3 9 7 1 5 3 9 9 1 5 5 1 7 1 5 5 1 9 1 5 5 3 3 1 5 5 3 5 1 5 5 3 7 1 5 5 3 9 1 5 5 5 3 1 5 5 5 5 1 5 5 5 7 1 5 5 5 9 1 5 5 7 3 1 5 5 7 5 1 5 5 7 7 1 5 5 7 9 1 5 5 9 3 1 5 5 9 5 1 5 5 9 7 1 5 5 9 9 1 5 7 1 7 1 5 7 1 9 1 5 7 3 3 1 5 7 3 5 1 5 7 3 7 1 5 7 3 9 1 5 7 5 3 1 5 7 5 5 1 5 7 5 7 1 5 7 5 9 1 5 7 7 3 1 5 7 7 5 1 5 7 7 7 1 5 7 7 9 1 5 7 9 3 1 5 7 9 5 1 5 7 9 7 1 5 7 9 9 1 5 9 1 7 1 5 9 1 9 1 5 9 3 3 1 5 9 3 5 1 5 9 3 7 1 5 9 3 9 1 5 9 5 3 1 5 9 5 5 1 5 9 5 7 1 5 9 5 9 1 5 9 7 3 1 5 9 7 5 1 5 9 7 7 1 5 9 7 9 1 5 9 9 3 1 5 9 9 5 1 5 9 9 7 1 5 9 9 9 1 7 1 7 3 1 7 1 7 5 1 7 1 7 7 1 7 1 7 9 1 7 1 9 3 1 7 1 9 5 1 7 1 9 7 1 7 1 9 9 1 7 3 1 9 1 7 3 3 3 1 7 3 3 5 1 7 3 3 7 1 7 3 3 9 1 7 3 5 3 1 7 3 5 5 1 7 3 5 7 1 7 3 5 9 1 7 3 7 3 1 7 3 7 5 1 7 3 7 7 1 7 3 7 9 1 7 3 9 3 1 7 3 9 5 1 7 3 9 7 1 7 3 9 9 1 7 5 1 9 1 7 5 3 3 1 7 5 3 5 1 7 5 3 7 1 7 5 3 9 1 7 5 5 3 1 7 5 5 5 1 7 5 5 7 1 7 5 5 9 1 7 5 7 3 1 7 5 7 5 1 7 5 7 7 1 7 5 7 9 1 7 5 9 3 1 7 5 9 5 1 7 5 9 7 1 7 5 9 9 1 7 7 1 9 1 7 7 3 3 1 7 7 3 5 1 7 7 3 7 1 7 7 3 9 1 7 7 5 3 1 7 7 5 5 1 7 7 5 7 1 7 7 5 9 1 7 7 7 3 1 7 7 7 5 1 7 7 7 7 1 7 7 7 9 1 7 7 9 3 1 7 7 9 5 1 7 7 9 7 1 7 7 9 9 1 7 9 1 9 1 7 9 3 3 1 7 9 3 5 1 7 9 3 7 1 7 9 3 9 1 7 9 5 3 1 7 9 5 5 1 7 9 5 7 1 7 9 5 9 1 7 9 7 3 1 7 9 7 5 1 7 9 7 7 1 7 9 7 9 1 7 9 9 3 1 7 9 9 5 1 7 9 9 7 1 7 9 9 9 1 9 1 9 3 1 9 1 9 5 1 9 1 9 7 1 9 1 9 9 1 9 3 3 3 1 9 3 3 5 1 9 3 3 7 1 9 3 3 9 1 9 3 5 3 1 9 3 5 5 1 9 3 5 7 1 9 3 5 9 1 9 3 7 3 1 9 3 7 5 1 9 3 7 7 1 9 3 7 9 1 9 3 9 3 1 9 3 9 5 1 9 3 9 7 1 9 3 9 9 1 9 5 3 3 1 9 5 3 5 1 9 5 3 7 1 9 5 3 9 1 9 5 5 3 1 9 5 5 5 1 9 5 5 7 1 9 5 5 9 1 9 5 7 3 1 9 5 7 5 1 9 5 7 7 1 9 5 7 9 1 9 5 9 3 1 9 5 9 5 1 9 5 9 7 1 9 5 9 9 1 9 7 3 3 1 9 7 3 5 1 9 7 3 7 1 9 7 3 9 1 9 7 5 3 1 9 7 5 5 1 9 7 5 7 1 9 7 5 9 1 9 7 7 3 1 9 7 7 5 1 9 7 7 7 1 9 7 7 9 1 9 7 9 3 1 9 7 9 5 1 9 7 9 7 1 9 7 9 9 1 9 9 3 3 1 9 9 3 5 1 9 9 3 7 1 9 9 3 9 1 9 9 5 3 1 9 9 5 5 1 9 9 5 7 1 9 9 5 9 1 9 9 7 3 1 9 9 7 5 1 9 9 7 7 1 9 9 7 9 1 9 9 9 3 1 9 9 9 5 1 9 9 9 7 1 9 9 9 9 3 3 3 3 3 5 3 3 3 3 7 3 3 3 3 9 3 3 3 5 5 3 3 3 5 7 3 3 3 5 9 3 3 3 7 5 3 3 3 7 7 3 3 3 7 9 3 3 3 9 5 3 3 3 9 7 3 3 3 9 9 3 3 5 3 5 3 3 5 3 7 3 3 5 3 9 3 3 5 5 5 3 3 5 5 7 3 3 5 5 9 3 3 5 7 5 3 3 5 7 7 3 3 5 7 9 3 3 5 9 5 3 3 5 9 7 3 3 5 9 9 3 3 7 3 5 3 3 7 3 7 3 3 7 3 9 3 3 7 5 5 3 3 7 5 7 3 3 7 5 9 3 3 7 7 5 3 3 7 7 7 3 3 7 7 9 3 3 7 9 5 3 3 7 9 7 3 3 7 9 9 3 3 9 3 5 3 3 9 3 7 3 3 9 3 9 3 3 9 5 5 3 3 9 5 7 3 3 9 5 9 3 3 9 7 5 3 3 9 7 7 3 3 9 7 9 3 3 9 9 5 3 3 9 9 7 3 3 9 9 9 3 5 3 5 5 3 5 3 5 7 3 5 3 5 9 3 5 3 7 5 3 5 3 7 7 3 5 3 7 9 3 5 3 9 5 3 5 3 9 7 3 5 3 9 9 3 5 5 3 7 3 5 5 3 9 3 5 5 5 5 3 5 5 5 7 3 5 5 5 9 3 5 5 7 5 3 5 5 7 7 3 5 5 7 9 3 5 5 9 5 3 5 5 9 7 3 5 5 9 9 3 5 7 3 7 3 5 7 3 9 3 5 7 5 5 3 5 7 5 7 3 5 7 5 9 3 5 7 7 5 3 5 7 7 7 3 5 7 7 9 3 5 7 9 5 3 5 7 9 7 3 5 7 9 9 3 5 9 3 7 3 5 9 3 9 3 5 9 5 5 3 5 9 5 7 3 5 9 5 9 3 5 9 7 5 3 5 9 7 7 3 5 9 7 9 3 5 9 9 5 3 5 9 9 7 3 5 9 9 9 3 7 3 7 5 3 7 3 7 7 3 7 3 7 9 3 7 3 9 5 3 7 3 9 7 3 7 3 9 9 3 7 5 3 9 3 7 5 5 5 3 7 5 5 7 3 7 5 5 9 3 7 5 7 5 3 7 5 7 7 3 7 5 7 9 3 7 5 9 5 3 7 5 9 7 3 7 5 9 9 3 7 7 3 9 3 7 7 5 5 3 7 7 5 7 3 7 7 5 9 3 7 7 7 5 3 7 7 7 7 3 7 7 7 9 3 7 7 9 5 3 7 7 9 7 3 7 7 9 9 3 7 9 3 9 3 7 9 5 5 3 7 9 5 7 3 7 9 5 9 3 7 9 7 5 3 7 9 7 7 3 7 9 7 9 3 7 9 9 5 3 7 9 9 7 3 7 9 9 9 3 9 3 9 5 3 9 3 9 7 3 9 3 9 9 3 9 5 5 5 3 9 5 5 7 3 9 5 5 9 3 9 5 7 5 3 9 5 7 7 3 9 5 7 9 3 9 5 9 5 3 9 5 9 7 3 9 5 9 9 3 9 7 5 5 3 9 7 5 7 3 9 7 5 9 3 9 7 7 5 3 9 7 7 7 3 9 7 7 9 3 9 7 9 5 3 9 7 9 7 3 9 7 9 9 3 9 9 5 5 3 9 9 5 7 3 9 9 5 9 3 9 9 7 5 3 9 9 7 7 3 9 9 7 9 3 9 9 9 5 3 9 9 9 7 3 9 9 9 9 5 5 5 5 5 7 5 5 5 5 9 5 5 5 7 7 5 5 5 7 9 5 5 5 9 7 5 5 5 9 9 5 5 7 5 7 5 5 7 5 9 5 5 7 7 7 5 5 7 7 9 5 5 7 9 7 5 5 7 9 9 5 5 9 5 7 5 5 9 5 9 5 5 9 7 7 5 5 9 7 9 5 5 9 9 7 5 5 9 9 9 5 7 5 7 7 5 7 5 7 9 5 7 5 9 7 5 7 5 9 9 5 7 7 5 9 5 7 7 7 7 5 7 7 7 9 5 7 7 9 7 5 7 7 9 9 5 7 9 5 9 5 7 9 7 7 5 7 9 7 9 5 7 9 9 7 5 7 9 9 9 5 9 5 9 7 5 9 5 9 9 5 9 7 7 7 5 9 7 7 9 5 9 7 9 7 5 9 7 9 9 5 9 9 7 7 5 9 9 7 9 5 9 9 9 7 5 9 9 9 9 7 7 7 7 7 9 7 7 7 9 9 7 7 9 7 9 7 7 9 9 9 7 9 7 9 9 7 9 9 9 9 9

Happy hacking!

PendO
10-06-2006, 02:47 AM
show her this8p

Happy hacking!

thanks milk ... I'm embarassed how close my current code is to the top of the list:)

milkmania
10-06-2006, 03:54 AM
thanks milk ... I'm embarassed how close my current code is to the top of the list:)

scary, huh?8p

BrianM
10-06-2006, 08:18 AM
I

So, it is horsepower vs. a more functional 3rd row seat ...

I may be the guy getting beat off the line by the tahoe's, yukon's, & denalis with his 3rd row of seats folded over .... plus my wife would rather have the keypad on the outside of the vehicle ... although I prefer onstar ... someday when GM and Ford merge maybe I can have more hosepower, a great 3rd row seat, onstar, and an external keypad to unlock the vehicle ....
Just make sure that you and your wife drive both the Yukon and the Expedition relatively close together before you buy. I think you will find that the ride fit and finish is better in the GM. Also remember the warranty.

A few of numbers to keep in mind

Weight Ford 5803lbs GM 5527lbs
Turning Ford 40.8 ft GM 39ft
MPG Ford 14/17 GM 15/20 (4x4)

And although the Expidition is 4.5 inches longer the max cargo and interior volume is less than the Yukon.

michael freeman
10-06-2006, 08:20 AM

If you look, everyone's code is usually sitting peacefully on the side of the road near you. All you have to do is pick it up and throw it hard against the side window and bingo, it almost always opens on the first try. :)

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing ... maybe in the 3/4 ton it will be an option, but it seems like a lot of R&D to get a smaller diesel just for the 1/2 ton platform ..
Sorry to rerail, I forget we are talking about present day vehicles, not the future. I guess I read too much......:o
Who knows what the future will bring if we wait too long.....;)

I see where you are coming from on the 3rd row. They are kind of a pain in the arse getting in and out.

PendO
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Just make sure that you and your wife drive both the Yukon and the Expedition relatively close together before you buy. I think you will find that the ride fit and finish is better in the GM. Also remember the warranty.

A few of numbers to keep in mind

Weight Ford 5803lbs GM 5527lbs
Turning Ford 40.8 ft GM 39ft
MPG Ford 14/17 GM 15/20 (4x4)

And although the Expidition is 4.5 inches longer the max cargo and interior volume is less than the Yukon.

Man, I know exactly what you are saying (your talking to a guy who loves HP as much as HB loves beer) :)

The GM's are better at everything except for the 3rd seat, price, and max towing (which is irrelevant b/c my boat is light) ... I'll got check out the GM's again at lunch today, but usually someone from the famdamily wants to ride along so my back seat will get a bit of use by adults... its almost like a 197 vs. RLXi decision ... my Exploder does good for 5 people, but if I upgrade I want it to have all seats fully functional for full size adults.

On the GM's, does the middle window (2nd row window) roll down all the way, I know on my folks Escalade that the windows only go down 1/2 way ... I need to check that today.

BrianM
10-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Man, I know exactly what you are saying.

The GM's are better at everything except for the 3rd seat, price, and max towing (which is irrelevant b/c my boat is light) ... I'll got check out the GM's again at lunch today, but usually someone from the famdamily wants to ride along so my back seat will get a bit of use by adults... its almost like a 197 vs. RLXi decision

The 3rd seats in the Yukon will flip up behind the second row when not in use. Yeah it eats a bit of cargo space but they don't have to be taken out when not in use. Those Ford seats folding flat into the floor eat cargo space as well but it is just disguised.

As for price I think they can probably be had for about the same dollars. You can easily get a GM Supplier certificate from someone on the net (for free) and get the GM for 1% under invoice minus any rebates and incentives at the time with no haggling.

Then again if the wife wants the Ford a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. In my case I'm lucky in that my wife has no opinion and wants no opinion about the vehicle she drives. I bring home what I like and she drives it.

PendO
10-06-2006, 09:51 AM
In my case I'm lucky in that my wife has no opinion and wants no opinion about the vehicle she drives. I bring home what I like and she drives it.

Hold on, I need to rotate this laptop about 180 degrees

bcampbe7
10-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Hold on, I need to rotate this laptop about 180 degrees

DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jraben8
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
In my case I'm lucky in that my wife has no opinion and wants no opinion about the vehicle she drives. I bring home what I like and she drives it.

Please, tell me more about this concept. I've never experienced anything like that...

ttu
10-06-2006, 10:02 AM
pendo, on my 07 the rear door (2nd row) windows only go down 1/2 way.

As Brian said, the 3rd row will flip forward and they do lock into place so they don't bounce back.

again, drive both back to back. I think you will see the gm is a better vehicle.

now I can't wait till the 08 Sequoia. it will have 3 engine options and is suppose to be larger than the current ones.

BrianM
10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Please, tell me more about this concept. I've never experienced anything like that...
My wife could pretty much care less what she drives. As long as it is reliable and gets her to and from work etc. that fits her needs just fine. Beides that she only asks to see it and drive it before we actually sign on the dotted line. The last car we bought for her was the first time she really had any requests and those were easy. It had to have room for the dogs and she didn't want an SUV. So I bought a Subaru Outback. She loves it and says it is the first car she has actually had feelings about and has told me she plans to drive it until the wheels fall off so don't even try to trade it in. Fine by me as there is absolutely nothing out there that I would rather have and its paid for. As for what I drive she couldn't care less.

tones03
10-06-2006, 10:17 AM

Maybe V6 versions.
They seem low, but if you compare it to a Duramax that has 350hp and 650ftlbs of torque, it is very high for a half-ton pick up or a tahoe. Not sure what transmission will be offered with them, most likely a 6speed. Plus you will have the efficiency of a diesle. Expect around 20-25 city/highway. GM has a couple running around the proving grouds in Milford. They are about the same size as a 5.3.

Workin' 4 Toys
10-06-2006, 01:45 PM
They seem low, but if you compare it to a Duramax that has 350hp and 650ftlbs of torque, it is very high for a half-ton pick up or a tahoe. Not sure what transmission will be offered with them, most likely a 6speed. Plus you will have the efficiency of a diesle. Expect around 20-25 city/highway. GM has a couple running around the proving grouds in Milford. They are about the same size as a 5.3.
I must have misunderstood your response. It looked like (your post) you were impressed with a 400ft/lb trq 275HP Diesel.....:confused:

tones03
10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I am when you get around 25mpg and still can tow the same as a 6.2L gas engine. The numbers are not out of the world. the gas mileage is what is amazing. Sorry for the confusion.

PendO
10-06-2006, 07:58 PM

PendO
10-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Okay GM guys ... the visit to the Chevy and GMC dealer w/ my wife did some good ... first choice Suburban, second choice Yukon XL ... I want the 3.73 rear axel (at a minimum), so the Denali is out ... also, I want the 6.0L V-8 that is optional in the 1/2 tons ... from my searching I can see that is was not initially available when the 07's came out ... anyone know if/when that engine package is available?

emnesto
10-08-2006, 05:55 AM
If you want 3.79 axle on Yukon XL, the 6.0 engine is out. GMC site shows 6.0 has 4.1 axle. Tow capacity is 8000 lbs. Denali comes with 6.2 engine, 3.42 axle, and 7900 towing.

PendO
10-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Edit ... bought an 07 Suburban today w/ the 6.0L 4.10 rear axle ... thanks fellas for the input.