PDA

View Full Version : Shower problem

TOO-TALL
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
The shower on my 03 x2 is not working right.With both hot and cold nobs turned on high there is just alittle stream that comes out.Also the stream pulses almost like there is air in the lines.I removed the main line and looked at the screen it looked clean.

My question... is there something else I can check in the lines or by the pump??

Thanks TOO-Tall

TMCNo1
10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Sounds like somewhere you have a kink in a line or you forgot to pay the water bill! Check every inch, somewhere the hose is restricted.

jmac197
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Did you look at both screens at the mixing valve? One each for the hot and cold. Mine got plugged with crap. I had to take the entire mixing valve apart to get all the crud out. Not a difficult job, just a pita.

Do a search, I remember a thread about this.

Later
Jim .

TOO-TALL
10-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Did you look at both screens at the mixing valve? One each for the hot and cold. Mine got plugged with crap. I had to take the entire mixing valve apart to get all the crud out. Not a difficult job, just a pita.

Do a search, I remember a thread about this.

Later
Jim .

I did a search did'nt really find anything.Are the screens back by the hot/cold nobs?do I need to remove the nobs to get at the screens?

Thanks for the reply's

jmac197
10-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I too did the search and came up with nothing. Yes you do have to pull the knobs off. Under that there's a valve that is put together much like a sink faucet. It is easiest if you can pull the entire mixing unit off the boat and pull the valves out on a bench.

If I remember correctly there is a large plastic nut behind the knob that you need to remove. There is also two screws that hold the cover plate together that needs to be removed, in order to take out the valve assembly. The valve will come out by unscrewing the valve itself.

Once the valve is removed there should be a small screen. I poked it out from the other side.

I hope my description makes sense, I'm going by memory.....which is going

Later
Jim

jmac197
10-02-2006, 09:49 PM
to pull the knobs off you have to remove the little rubber pugs in the center of the knob. Then remove the phillips head screws. The knob should pop right off. I guess from there you coud just unscrew the valves. It might make it easier than removing the whole thing.

TOO-TALL
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks.. that makes sense....I'll check it out tommorow

TOO-TALL
10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
I just got done taking the whole valve assembly(behind the nobs) apart and what a mess.There was chuncks of stuff(looked like rust)covoring the screens and in the hoses.rinsed everything out with clean water put it back together I'll try it out this weekend.

Thanks for the help jmac197 the assembly come apart just like you said.

jmac197
10-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Glad to help. Just repaying the favor that many here have done for me.

Later
Jim