PDA

View Full Version : X-15 wake pics

jsnipes
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Some of you asked for pics of the X15 wake. Here are a few from today. Pics were taken with PP set to 21 mph. Three avg size adults were on board and the ballast tanks were 1/2 full.

JS

jsnipes
10-01-2006, 08:31 PM
2nd pic ...

sand2snow22
10-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Sweet, looks nice and rampy with a good lip....How do you like it?

jsnipes
10-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I like it ... I'm a novice and to be honest the wake with no ballast is way plenty for me. I'm moving into the X15 from an '01 Moomba Mobius and I can tell you that the wake is about double the size (ok, maybe not double but significantly larger) and more 'rampy' than the Mobius with ballast full and 4 people on board. It is also has a more solid feel than the Mobius...instead of busting through part of the wake, the wake kicks you up.

The wake is a little wider than on the Mobius too ... but the boat has a 100" beam so I think almost by definition it's going to be wider. One of my friends that is a decent boarder can jump wake to wake so it's not that wide.

It looks like it should be awesome for wake surfing too. I've never done it but want to give it a shot.

I would compare the Mobius wake to an X-7 ... in my limited experience they both felt about the same. That should help calibrate the wake to a known.

JS