PDA

View Full Version : Sinking Slalom Course!

erkoehler
09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Finally, you can now buy a full sinking slalom course kit!

http://www.wallyskier.com/

6ballsisall
09-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Nice!!!!!! I wonder if that could work w/ our Insta Slalom course????

88 PS190
10-01-2006, 04:56 AM
give wally a call, i had a lengthy conversation with him a few months back regarding his system. it will retrofit onto any other course, but it is VERY expensive to buy his system complete (course included).

Great ideas, fixed some issues with the accuslalom system, this one uses a rubber bladder, so that the air pressure inflates, and then waterpressure collapses, additionally his lines are a stiff tube, then his pump (the real genius of the system) is a diaphram pump and can run pressure or vaccum, on vaccum it collapses the air bladders and this causes any water that has intrueded to be sucked out through the pump which clears the course and prevents half course remaining underwater, really nice after repairs (12 V pump, stays in lake, you drive up and connect to cigarette lighter, therefore if you have several buddies in on it you only need the one pump, and all can access).

Other features, by having separated the air and ballast bladders you can drop the ballast bladders below the course w/ rope, therefore if your water is 50' deep you only need lower 6-8 feet before your sand bladders hit bottom and the course doesn't sink any farther, this means you don't need to sink fully to the bottom and float back keeping you free of the muck and snags, and making the course more reliable.

Good system, his course design is interesting too (modular so when you break a part you just need to order that part and color coded *atleast that was the plan when i talked to him* so you order 2 red ropes, as opposed to splicing yourself) again your milage can vary, if you need it or not.

Then the wally sinker adds on.

If i had 2000 i'd have his course and sinker system asap.

Mag_Red
10-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Nice!!!!!! I wonder if that could work w/ our Insta Slalom course????What about a body a water where the level fluxuates??

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 11:53 AM
For like Cumberland, you'd have to sink it/set it up so that it would sink to the lowest water level during the course of a year. So, and times it may be 50 feet below the surface and other times it may be 5.

You've got a tough setup there Bob, but I think you could make it work.

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't get it. What stuff would I need to buy for an existing course? Thinking of doing this on our lake!!

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 12:13 PM
You would buy the wallksinker kit.

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 12:14 PM
https://shop.wallyskier.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=5&categoryId=2

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 12:17 PM
You would buy the wallksinker kit.

Thanks!! I am going to see if I could get this approved on our lake! They said we could probably get a temp course approved. Can't see how this would be an issue given when not in use it would be 10' below the waterline.

east tx skier
10-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Jeff, if you do a search on here for "DIY Submersible Slalom Course" there is another altnerative that someone on Nicholl's came up with (just in case you don't want to drop the $$$$ on the Wally Sinker, which looks oh so nice.

88 PS190
10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
the alternative design is still fairly expensive and is ultra bulky, 5 gallon buckets and small diameter tires, still need the tube/pump etc.

rodltg2
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
oh man i can see myself fokrin up that whole thing trying to set it up.

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Wonder if he's lookin for dealers????