PDA

View Full Version : New to Me Boat Pics

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Finally got around to snapping some garage shots of my "new to me" 98 Prostar Stars and Stripes. 167 hours and it is in great shape.

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:16 AM
We have to see more of that! Action shots are the best by the way! Nice ride Boo!

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 12:17 AM
One of my favorites...looks awesome :)

RickDV
10-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Beautiful boat! Is this your first MC?

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Here is my favorite pic...

erkoehler
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Can't imagine why thats your favorite :)

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:21 AM
The money shot! Love the plumbing, heater/shower? Hey, how did you get that bike mounted on the back? Thule MC rack?

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks y'all. Yes, this is my first MC. I have always wanted one and found this great boat and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Unfortunately, I never get any action shots because I have to drive the boat. Next trip I will get the papparazzi to follow me around.

east tx skier
10-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Welcome! Great looking ride!

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Let me know I would drive down just for the photo shoot! Way to go and way to jump into the world of MC head first!!! First MC and one of the nicest looking boats ever manufactured!:D Thanks y'all. Yes, this is my first MC. I have always wanted one and found this great boat and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Unfortunately, I never get any action shots because I have to drive the boat. Next trip I will get the papparazzi to follow me around.

RickDV
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks y'all. Yes, this is my first MC. I have always wanted one and found this great boat and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Unfortunately, I never get any action shots because I have to drive the boat. Next trip I will get the papparazzi to follow me around.

You are going to enjoy your new boat. The ProStar has a great wake for slalom and general all-around skiing. Although there are better wakes for wake boarding, my son still enjoys boarding behind our PS190.

If this is your first inboard you will no doubt find some differences in handling from a stern drrive or outboard (both at speed and slow speed). Take some time looking through this forum for a bunch of tips on using your new boat.

Enjoy it!

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know why some of the LT1 engines are black and others are painted to match the boat like mine? I have seen a couple of other 190 S&S and they were black. I didn't know if that was an option or they maybe had replacement engines? :confused:

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Does anyone know why some of the LT1 engines are black and others are painted to match the boat like mine? I have seen a couple of other 190 S&S and they were black. I didn't know if that was an option or they maybe had replacement engines? :confused:

That would be a S&S thang. NICE boat!! Lets see some interior pics!!

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Yours is the first I have seen like that! I am sure someone knows but that ride is amazing!

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:40 AM
You asked for it. Here comes the sexiness....8p

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Another Shot from the Rear Seat...

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Keep them coming Boo! I have plenty of beer left! By the way in case you don't know Jeff, alias JRANDOL, has been known to drink way too much! Just helping you out!8p

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Keep them coming Boo! I have plenty of beer left! By the way in case you don't know Jeff, alias JRANDOL has been know to drink way too much! Just helping you out!

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Hoosier Bob enjoys the company of sheep!!!!!!!!

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:48 AM
OK so there aren't many, Hey Jeff what are you drinking" threads are there?

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 12:49 AM
OK so there aren't many, Hey Jeff what are you drinking" threads are there?

Nothing........Iced Tea earlier for dinner. Thats it my friend. :cool:

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one drinking and looking at the TMC website. Here is the rear--I feel like I'm pimping boat pictures.

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:50 AM
I wish I could say the same! Nice boat so far huh? Man I like the look of that ride sober or Randol!

RickDV
10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one drinking and looking at the TMC website. Here is the rear--I feel like I'm pimping boat pictures.

OK, I'll be the first to tell you: Oil your teak swim deck!! (From what I can see of it on top of the back seat it looks like it could use it.)

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Once again Boo great ride! Need more info as to whom I am partaking in frothy beverage. Age would be nice and don't be shy. Other than that who cares. Every Friday you are welcome to join us on the "It's Friday, time for a drink" thread! Welcome and great ticket to the show!

6ballsisall
10-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Loving that boat!!!!!! Take good care of it, it's a keepsake!!!!

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Rick---I am definitely going to oil the swim platform. I hit the exposed wood while it was on the boat, but the part that touches the boat hasn't been oiled (probably ever). I had to take off the platform to get it in the garage.

Bob, I am drinking a high class bud light in a bottle. I am 27 going on 40. I cracked one open when I found out Vince Young will be starting tomorrow against the Cowboys. The Titans need a boost. I am season ticket holder and diehard football fan. Thanks for the invite--I plan on being a regular.

Hoosier Bob
10-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Man I am sorry as I am a Dolphins fan! You guys deserved that win as we have no heart but luck has saved us in and against TN. I have Sirius radio and Coach Fisher made it sound like it was not going to happen! Anyway go Peyton and anything else can wait! 40 counts! I am 29 so I understand! OK before Jeff chimes in I am 41 and yes my boat is older than yours! She runs like a banshee though! Have fun here as it is by far the best info and in between site there is!
Take care!

Farmer Ted
10-01-2006, 01:50 AM

Nice ride Uncle B!

your seat decals look like they are in pristine condition, do what every you can to keep them that way. When I got mine, the decal had been re-glued and it eventually fell off. I tore the other one off since it was half way gone in hopes of getting some sort of a fix for it.

one recommendation, when you pull the boat, remove the swim platform and clean that area while it's wet (easier to clean before it dries and sets in)

you've got one of the sharpest MCs out there, enjoy!

http://www.theswimsuitthread.com/303-2.jpg

Farmer Ted
10-01-2006, 01:54 AM
oh, i think the blue engines are 350 Hp and identify that it's a true anniversarry boat, the black is a plain LT1

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Ted,

The rear seat decal has been reglued (from what I can see). They did a good job with it, but I can see a little glue around some of the edges. I think I am going to have them stitched in permanently to avoid any problems. I don't know why MC didn't stich these in the beginning?

Farmer Ted
10-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Ted,

The rear seat decal has been reglued (from what I can see). They did a good job with it, but I can see a little glue around some of the edges. I think I am going to have them stitched in permanently to avoid any problems. I don't know why MC didn't stich these in the beginning?

I've had mine for three years and they get worse each year.
I'm going to buy new skins for the observer seat and rear back, it's my understanding that the 30th thing can't be redone, it would be nice for MC to just stich a nice 30th similar to the 35th.........

how many hours?

uncleboo
10-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Your boat is very sharp! I am truly impressed. How many other 30th editions are on this board? What number are you (mine is 83)? You will have to let me know if you have experienced any issues with this model.

Farmer Ted
10-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Your boat is very sharp! I am truly impressed. How many other 30th editions are on this board? What number are you (mine is 83)? You will have to let me know if you have experienced any issues with this model.

I have no idea what number mine is, it doesn't have the placard on the left side of the glove box. I'm the 4th owner and it's a victim of a divorce sale. Apparently some vindictive wench wouldn't give up the owners manual and other stuff.......

I got it with about 176 hours on it and it currently has 365 or so

the only problem I've had was a bad IAC which made it idle rough and a leaky transmission which was just a leaking seal.

I would recommend upgrading to an ACME 541 three blade CNC prop

RickDV
10-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I would recommend upgrading to an ACME 541 three blade CNC prop

I will echo that suggestion. I went to the ACME 541 earlier this summer and love it.

ski_king
10-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Nice looking boat! One of my favorites.

Do you have and views from the side and rear corners?

André
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Nice looking boat!Congrats!
35 post and no mention of either shampoo,crutch or balls,this place is getting high class!;)