PDA

View Full Version : water strainer for 230VRS

Bruce
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi Guys,
I did a search but did not find specific for puting a Sherwood water strainer on a 1999 Maristar 230VRS. Is there room does it work well etc. The other factor involved is I am getting ready to put a flushkit pro on. It just came in yesterday. Any info would be appreciated.
In anticipation of some responses let me answer now: Yes I feel I need the flushkit because I run in brackish water. Yes I feel I need the strainer because of the gradoo in the Bayou.(even more so since Katrina came through here) Fortunately the raw water intake will not pick up the 12 foot gator I saw go by this A.m.
tHANKS
Bruce:eek: :eek:

jbfootin
10-10-2006, 11:58 AM
bump...Never used on of these, but thanks to this post maybe someone else that has will see this.

Ole Miss Rebels
10-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I put one on my 05 x-star and I feel way more protected than withoout it. I have smoked an impellor on alligator grass in my old 205v . now, all i have to do is clean out the screen regularly. I suppose you could still clog up but at least it is easier to find the blockage. First and foremost, ALWAYS keep an eye on your temp guage. Obviously, it doesn't do any good to clean out the filter after the impellor is smoked. They are cheap and easy to install, but always make sure you don't throw out the rubber gasket seal with the drassy water when cleaning. Good luck and let me know how you like it.

jimmer2880
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
This is more of just a BUMP post...

I have a raw water strainer on my PS190. I love it. But, since you have a V drive, I cant' really help much, other than to say - call www.skidim.com (http://www.skidim.com) & ask them their opinion for mounting locations.