PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Games

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
What Conference wins the most bowl games???

SEC
BIG 12
BIG 10
ACC
PAC 10
BIG EAST

dmac
12-06-2004, 12:37 PM
I think I mentioned in another thread that I think the SEC is the strongest top to bottom, Auburn/USC would be a good one.

Bobby
12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Auburn/USC would be a good one - the bottom two of the top 3 unbeatens against each other.

rem_p
12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Auburn/USC would be a good one - the bottom two of the top 3 unbeatens against each other.

i agree USC/AUBURN would be a good game, but i'd much rather see OU/AUB....I think the SEC always gets the shaft...in my opinon USC is ranked #1 because everyone thinks they got done wrong last year, and everybody wants to make it up to John Kerry's twin brother (Pete Carrol) the past 2 weeks USC has proven to me that they are definately not the best in the nation...play off games would be the best way to solve this problem.....but that wont ever happen, so ill just be content with AUBURN setting a new record of 12-0.....ive already got my sugarbowl tickets so all of yall look for me Jan 4th. I'll be one of the guys throwin oranges :rant:

rem_p
12-06-2004, 03:07 PM
by the way im pullin for OU. :toast:

Smitty
12-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Cal got the shaft from the BCS. This is the only team to give USC a game all year. And who's idea was it to put Va Tech in the Sugar Bowl. With 2 losses you should be sitting in Gator Bowl with Florida St. Pitt w/ 3 losses should be playing the Peach Bowl with Miami. The BCS sucks in my opinion. What happened to good ol' tradition. I love Texas, but no way should they be going to Pasadena. Send Texas to New Orleans to play Auburn, now that would be a great game. Auburn is going to smoke Va Tech by at least 14.

By the way, did you see my new Avatar? Don't worry, I'm not cheering for IU right now. We suck and our new AD is burning the program at the stake. The direction were going, we'll be lucky to make it into the Div.II playoffs next year.

Cody
12-06-2004, 04:11 PM
AU/OU all the way. If USC wants a shot they should take on a Big 12 or SEC schedule. Then we'll talk about the bowl they need to be invited to with their 8-3 season.

dmac
12-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Which means that AUB/OU, the game that we will not get, would be the top 2 of the 3 unbeatens. And yes, as painfull as this is, I would have to support Auburn. But, in the game we will get I will back OU. After all, didn't Stoops come from the SEC? :rolleyes:

dmac
12-06-2004, 04:17 PM
By the way, did you see my new Avatar?
I Like it!

Bobby
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Stoops started as a grad assistant for Hayden Frye at Iowa, then went to Kansas State to work under Snyder, then went to Florida to work for Spurrier, then made his way to Oklahoma, so if you really wanted to get technical about it, he started in the Big 10+1.

I would agree that OU and Auburn should be playing. USC should have lost to Cal, could have lost to Stanford and UCLA , Va Tech and/or Oregon State, depending on your opinion on that game. OU had close games on the road against respectable opponents (Texas A&M, Okie State), and Auburn had close calls with LSU, Alabama (although I still think that if Bama had anything that resembled an offense they would have won), and Tenn. the second time around. Clearly OU and AU had the harder schedules and should be rewarded with a champ. game. USC gets in there solely because of not playing for the title last year.

east tx skier
12-06-2004, 05:54 PM
So is there anyone on here that doesn't think they should go to a playoff system? Eight would be great, but I'll settle for four.

Bobby
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
even if they implemented a playoff system, someone is always going to feel screwed, like who should be #8, etc...

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Who else thinks, that with the exit of ( Miami, Virginia Tech and next year Boston College ) the Big East may be a weaker conference than the WAC, MAC, and most of the mid-majors, like maybe the Mountain West( Utah@ 11-0 ). I think they should loose their BCS right to their conference champ getting an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game. UCONN and Rutgers are not powerhouse programs, but I guess neither is Washington State, Washington or Arizona, but it is a stong enough schedule for The University of Southern California.

rem_p
12-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Who else thinks, that with the exit of ( Miami, Virginia Tech and next year Boston College ) the Big East may be a weaker conference .

where are they goin? :confused:

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 10:55 PM
The ACC. Miami and Virginia Tech are already there. Heck V-Tech won the ACC.

rem_p
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Auburn had close calls with LSU, Alabama (although I still think that if Bama had anything that resembled an offense they would have won), and Tenn. the second time around.

well with the exception of LSU none of those games were close in my honest opinion....granted Auburn played like total sh!t the 3rd quarter of the SEC championship game. now i have to give it to the coaches and players at auburn, it is tough to beat the same team twice in one year especially a team like Tennessee....as for the game against Alabama, (well its one of those rivalries thats hard to explain.....from an early childhood age folks around here choose there team and stick with them for the rest of their lives...that game is always a good game every year its really hard to explain with out being a part of it.)...Auburn's starting defense did not play that game as a whole, they all played but the younger 2nd and 3rd string players were out there for the most part....any way my :twocents: but damn USC doesnt deserve a championship game :rant:

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 11:11 PM
SEC all the way rem_p, I'm with you, USC would have never made it through a SEC year 12 an 0. They may not have been the second best team down here. LSU had a 9-2 season and have not had any respect, they should have beat Auburn @ Auburn ( but did not ) and are still not in the top 10????

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 11:13 PM
And USC didn't play a PAC-10 championship game, that might have made them play Cal again, which out played them for most of the game????

rem_p
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
SEC all the way rem_p, I'm with you, USC would have never made it through a SEC year 12 an 0. They may not have been the second best team down here. LSU had a 9-2 season and have not had any respect, they should have beat Auburn @ Auburn ( but did not ) and are still not in the top 10????

yep the LSU game had me stressin....KICKING GAME!!!!!!

bradamerry
12-06-2004, 11:17 PM
LSU does not have one :confused: :mad: !!!!!!!!!

mgurley
12-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Auburn has a great team this year and deserves a shot at the national championship. As does any SEC team that manages to go undefeated and wins the SEC championship game.

The SEC on its worst year is still stronger than the PAC-10. Whoever said it in this thread I agree it should be OU vs. AU.

Rem you are right Auburn and Alabama do have a great rivalry and I think you do have to be a part of it to understand. Congrats to y'all on a great season I have been pullin' for y'all other than the Bama game of course :friday: .

Bobby
12-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Guess what I got today??

2 tickets to the Orange Bowl. I could sell them and get a tower for my boat :banana: I think I'll go to the game instead. Partying on South Beach sounds too appealing :toast: :D

As for USC's ability of going undefeated in the SEC, of course they wouldn't. They barely made it through the Pac 10 undefeated. :eek:

rem_p
12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
well im glad we all agree that USC is not a great team like everybody seems to want every one else to think....WHY CANT THAT IDIOT LEE CORSO UNDERSTAND THIS? :confused:

rem_p
12-07-2004, 04:59 PM
oh by the way Bobby, i'd definately go to the game....sooners are gonna kick some @$$!!!!