PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Scouts?

Monte
09-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Did anybody else earn the rank of Eagle in the BSA?? Just bored here waiting for 5:00;)

sassydog
09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
I did!!!!:banana: troop 406 out of Chicago, IL! Comes with ID card that gets you discounts and Galyans and REI.

suedv
09-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I did!!!!:banana: troop 406 out of Chicago, IL! Comes with ID card that gets you discounts and Galyans and REI.

Slight threadjack, sassydog, did you ever go to Owasippe Scout Reservation in Michigan when you were in scouts? That is a beautiful place owned by the Chicago Area Council, BSA.

bbeach
09-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Me too! Troop 83, Olathe, Ks

6ballsisall
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm your huckleberry! I have to scratch my head a little to think about my troop number. :confused: I think 118??

sassydog
09-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Slight threadjack, sassydog, did you ever go to Owasippe Scout Reservation in Michigan when you were in scouts? That is a beautiful place owned by the Chicago Area Council, BSA.
hahaha yeah!!! Camp Blackhawk, GO!!!! also spent a summer at camp Wolverine when Blackhawk got shut down. It's ashame they closed the whole thing down, i learned a lot in the years i spent there.

TMCNo1
09-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Did anybody else earn the rank of Eagle in the BSA?? Just bored here waiting for 5:00;)

On my honor I will do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country and to obey the scout laws, to help other people at all times, to keep myself phyically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

A scout is, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverant.

I learned something 48 years ago and remembered it!:D
Boy Scout Post #409, Drexel, NC, Boy Scout Post #422, Winston Salem, NC, Explorer Scout Post #322, Winston Salem, NC

kpickett
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Yup. Troop 363 in Los Gatos, CA.

MarkL
09-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I did. Brotherhood Order of the Arrow.

sassydog
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
anyone go to Philmont?

barefoot
09-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Troop 405 in Janesville, WI...diddo, Order of the Arrow

Hoosier Bob
09-29-2006, 09:50 PM
I would like to say yes but at my Arrow of Light ceremony (Cub Scouts?) I was dismissed and then pulled by my ear all the way down Dublin Road in Columbus Ohio while my mother screamed in my other ear! I went and hid in my tree fort, ripped off my uniform and threw it out one of the windows and waited until dark to walk home in my tidy whitey's! This may explain some things?:o

Ramhouse
09-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I did in 1968, Troop 208, San Pedro, CA
Order of the Arrow and Adaltre Dei Award, (Catholic Award)

6 balls
09-29-2006, 10:52 PM
working on brothers eagle project tomorrow

bbeach
09-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Did the big trip back in 96! Philmont was amazing!

Order of the Arrow - Brotherhood
Home camp - Camp Naish, Bonner Springs, KS
COPE STAFF - 1993-1996

H20skeefreek
09-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Yep, troop 506 Kokomo, IN. Order of The Arrow Brotherhood member.

Monte
09-30-2006, 09:23 PM
anyone go to Philmont?

Greatest place in the world. Went as a scout 91 worked on logistics staff in 96.:rolleyes: 127k acre ranch..
Dang its good to see so many others out there!:D

BuoyChaser
10-21-2006, 12:14 AM
anyone go to Philmont?
i went to Philmont, what a blast!!!

i'm an Eagle, Troop 4, Canton, Ohio...as well as Brotherhood Order of the Arrow and currently Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 312, Northwood, New Hampshire!!!

6ballsisall
10-21-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm your huckleberry! I have to scratch my head a little to think about my troop number. :confused: I think 118??

I was close!!!!!! Troop 186. I was Order of the arrow as well. Lots of good experiences from Scouts. If I have a son someday I hope I can get him involved in that stuff.

Ric
10-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Not an eagle scout but achieved some advanced level of order of the arrow which I thought was cool as hell at the time

H20skeefreek
10-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Not an eagle scout but achieved some advanced level of order of the arrow which I thought was cool as hell at the time
So, you did this as an adult, or were you a male as a child?

TMCNo1
10-21-2006, 09:59 AM
So, you did this as an adult, or were you a male as a child?

Ric, I believe we'll let you handle this one! I will be wearing my body armor while mowing the yard!

Ric
10-21-2006, 10:22 AM
So, you did this as an adult, or were you a male as a child? huh huh huuuhh I really need to answer gender questions from a freek?

BuoyChaser
10-21-2006, 10:23 AM
check out the lastest Scout Initiative, http://www.goodturnforamerica.org/

Total service hours
to date:

Good Turn for America is a
national call to service by
the Boy Scouts of America
that will help provide
adequate food and shelter
and to develop good health
habits in our nation. To
address these issues, we are
collaborating with some of
the most respected service
organizations working in
each of these areas.

These lead organizations,
and thousands of other
local groups, will work to
provide volunteer opportu-
nities for youth and adults
to fight hunger, provide
shelter, and teach the
habits of healthy living.

sassydog
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
ok for all you Midwesterners who went to Owassippe, which camp did you guys call home for the week?? My troop always stayed at Camp Blackhawk.........Go!!! and one year at Camp Wolverine.......Zaksi!!(i think that's spelled right)

BuoyChaser
10-21-2006, 01:27 PM
nahh i went to Camp Tuscazoar and then Seven Ranges through the Buckeye Council, check out our Pipestone award we use to get...

http://www.buckeyecouncil.org/Pipestone.htm

H20skeefreek
10-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Ric, I believe we'll let you handle this one! I will be wearing my body armor while mowing the yard!
I don't get it, I thought Ric was a chick?

BuoyChaser
10-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't get it, I thought Ric was a chick?
enough talk about this stuff, lets talk about the good scouts do...

so you know, girls can be scout leaders and order of the arrow members as adults...but other countries allow girls to be youth scouts, including canda...certainly is interesting when you participate in a canadian scout even and see girls in tents in scout uniforms...

but of course in the states you have the explorer posts, which allow girls in...

Jesus_Freak
10-22-2006, 12:54 AM
huh huh huuuhh I really need to answer gender questions from a freek?

Hey...lets keep it clean :D

Troop 170, South Carolina.

Ric
10-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey...lets keep it clean :D

Troop 170, South Carolina. all the freaks are out to get me !!

pilot02
10-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Some of you have met my son who's on the right track towards eagle. He's only been at the scout level for one year (me being his leader in cub's for 3 yrs where he earned the arrow of light) but he already has many requirements completed towards his advanced ranks, just needs to do the BOR's.
Although I wasn't able to advance past cub's due to a move accross country as a kid, I'm currently trained as assistant scoutmaster, scoutmaster and committee chair though am taking it easy this year(merit badge counselor for waterski (of course), aviation, and automotive repair).

H20skeefreek
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Ric,
I think you are just paranoid, I was just trying to figure out if you made OOA as an adult or as a kid, if as a kid (assuming you were always a female) your local council must have a different setup than we did.

Jesus_Freak
10-23-2006, 04:29 AM
all the freaks are out to get me !!

The freaks come out at night :banana: ...right?

Monte
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Some of you have met my son who's on the right track towards eagle. He's only been at the scout level for one year (me being his leader in cub's for 3 yrs where he earned the arrow of light) but he already has many requirements completed towards his advanced ranks, just needs to do the BOR's.
Although I wasn't able to advance past cub's due to a move accross country as a kid, I'm currently trained as assistant scoutmaster, scoutmaster and committee chair though am taking it easy this year(merit badge counselor for waterski (of course), aviation, and automotive repair).

Very good for your son.. good that you can help keep him focused and help out with some merit badges.. There is no other chance that I know of to experience so many adventures.. I am on the local Eagle Board of Review... I only say that to say this: there was one young man that came through about two months ago that I was extremely envious of.. He had the triple crown.. IE he went to the Canadian outback, Seabase and Philmont.. All three are life experiences and he got to go to all three... Just a suggestion look into them.. As he advances that may be some father and son stuff that would rock!!!