PDA

View Full Version : 197 mini tower height

floridamastercraft
09-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Getting ready to build a garage and order a new 197.... what is the tower height of the tower when sitting on the trailer from the ground to the top of the tower when up.... have to see if i should put a over size garage door in...

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Getting ready to build a garage and order a new 197.... what is the tower height of the tower when sitting on the trailer from the ground to the top of the tower when up.... have to see if i should put a over size garage door in...

You'll definetely need higher than a standard height garage door (7' door) Someone will post the exact #. I can tell you w/ mine which has the full size tower you are looking just over 10'.

Andyg
09-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I just walked out in the garage and measured my 2003 with the mini tower. I measured between 106"-108" from the floor to the top of the light on the tower. That is for a single axle trailer.

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Sounds like a 9' door is the ticket!!!:cool:

Sodar
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I just walked out in the garage and measured my 2003 with the mini tower. I measured between 106"-108" from the floor to the top of the light on the tower. That is for a single axle trailer.

Does anyone have the measurements for a mini tower when it is folded down??

Sodar
12-20-2006, 09:02 AM
TTT... BUMP...

Anyone at least know if it will fit in a standard garage with it folded down??

schmaltzy
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
My 197 fits with the Mini folded down. I have a 8' garage.

schmaltzy
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry I meant to put pictures with it the first time

Sodar
12-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks Alot! Does it help if you fold the tower backwards for a few more inches of clearance?

schmaltzy
12-20-2006, 10:04 AM
For me it is just easier to fold forward, only one set of hand screws to undo and fold forward. It easier with two people but....I also have a piece of pvc with a cut-out to hold the tower up off the mirror arm. Just put a cap on one end and cut-out the other then just prop the tower up a little to keep it off that mirror arm. I believe that there are a set of bolts and a set of hand screws to fold it back.

JohnE
03-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Can anyone answer the following: How far from the back of the boat to the tower at it's high point? Or how far from the front of the trailer to this point? Oh, and I need the overall length of boat and trailer (single axle). If anyone can answer this, I'll really appreciate it.

I'm asking because I have an 8' door in my garage and am thinking of changing it to a 9' door. But the bottom of the center beam is only 8'6" above the floor. So tower will not clear the center beam. But I'm wondering if I can just park the boat in front of the center beam with the tower up. The beam is in the center of the 28' deep garage, so I'd basically have 13' on each side of the beam after factoring in the width of beam and the wall thickness. I hope I'm explaining the question right.

I could jack up the center beam to gain up to another 9", but it will be a pain. I still might do it though. I'm weighing my options.

Thanks,

John

Andyg
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
This may or may not help. From my memory the highest part of the tower is directly above the ski pilon. So if anyone can measure to the ski pilot it would be an awefully close approximation.

JohnE
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
This may or may not help. From my memory the highest part of the tower is directly above the ski pilon. So if anyone can measure to the ski pilot it would be an awefully close approximation.

That would be close enough for my purposes if anyone can do this. I'm thinking there will not be enough room to do what I'm thinking, but it's worth the thought.

schmaltzy
03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I can take some measurements for you tonight when I get home.

JohnE
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I can take some measurements for you tonight when I get home.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

schmaltzy
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok - I had to do this by myself, so the numbers may not be exact, but they are pretty dang close. This is with the platform off and the tongue folded out of the way. Overall length is 21' and from the rear to the light mounted on top of the tower is 10'. So from the front to the same spot is 11'. Hope this helps I also have an 8' garage door and we just fold the tower forward. I have posted pics previously in this thread and can provide more if it helps.

JohnE
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Ok - I had to do this by myself, so the numbers may not be exact, but they are pretty dang close. This is with the platform off and the tongue folded out of the way. Overall length is 21' and from the rear to the light mounted on top of the tower is 10'. So from the front to the same spot is 11'. Hope this helps I also have an 8' garage door and we just fold the tower forward. I have posted pics previously in this thread and can provide more if it helps.

This does help! So in my case, if I change to a 9' high door, I can back the boat in and leave the tower up. Since I have 13' from the beam to the front of the garage, and the measurement from the boat to the front of the beam is around 11'.

I won't do this until at least this summer, but I'm thinking about plastering the garage sooner, and I'll raise the door header now. Then to cut in higher door will be a snap.

Thanks Schmaltzy.