PDA

View Full Version : BF 200 Wrap around seating

T Scott
09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, I need some ideas. I was thinking of having a custom bench type seat built that would turn my BF 200 into a wrap around style seating configuration. Anyone have a bright idea on how to do this???

This is kind of what I had in mind........thoughts????

sanjuan23
09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
I say "why not?"

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
That would be pretty cool. Do you put the boom out on the drivers side then?

T Scott
09-28-2006, 09:19 PM
That would be pretty cool. Do you put the boom out on the drivers side then?

No, I put the boom off the left side of the boat. I guess I'd have to step on my seat to climb out of the boat. That is not a big deal to me as I currently step on the back seat and then walk across the sundeck to get out of the boat.

I would also like make the seat removable so that i could use it only when i plan to carry additional people.

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Have I lost my mind??? (ok don't answer that. :D )

I thought you were selling that boat???

BriEOD
09-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Tom, I thought you sold this boat along time ago and moved up to a 205V?

T Scott
09-28-2006, 09:39 PM

I was going to sell it, but had a change of heart. I ama licensed dealer on a part time basis so I buy/sell boats all the time. My wife said "Tom, you always have enjoyed the outboards, why don't you just keep it." That was all the nudging I needed !! So, my plan is to keep my current BF200 and bling it out a bit. (Wrap seating/tower/kickin' stereo, etc.)

T Scott
09-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Tom, I thought you sold this boat along time ago and moved up to a 205V?

Brian,
I change boats like I change underwear...annually. (just kidding of course) This is the fourth BF 200 I have owned within the last 6 years.
I sold the one pictured above in March of 2005. I then bought a 2000 X-star, sold the 205 V, bought anther BF200 and am selling the x-star. (I can hardly keep it straight myself)
On a part time basis, I am a licensed dealer and sell 10-12 ski boats a year. I just pick and choose the ones i want to keep for myself. I usually only keep the "ones for myself" for 6 months or so and then I "move em out".

I plan to keep my mosr recent BF 200 for quite a while as they have always been my favorites.

east tx skier
09-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Tom, wood or, and, and/or styrofoam are good for building a frame. Just measure twice and build a skeleton. Or sandwich styrofoam insualtion with inlaid wood for weight and bracing. Then take it to the auto uhpolstery guy (as there won't be factory skins available) and have him make cushions wrapped in marine vinyl. Hinge your seats so you can flip them up for storage or as a step to get in and out. I put off building my jump seat (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5615&highlight=custom+observer+jump+seat) for a while trying to think my way through it too completely. Some issues are going to come up that you never thought of, but solving them is about 10% of the fun. ;) Good luck.

atlfootr
09-29-2006, 07:47 AM
I was going to sell it, but had a change of heart.
My wife said "Tom, you always have enjoyed the outboards, why don't you just keep it." GREAT ADVICE ! :)

sizzler
09-29-2006, 09:10 AM
if you buy and sell as many BF200's as that....let ERK in on the secret....:D

seriosly tho'......i'm sure he's looking for one