PDA

View Full Version : 2005 X2 measurement for a garage?

wakebrdr142
09-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Hello,

Will be getting a 2005 MC X2 over the winter and would like to have the measurements of this boat on the trailer with a swing away tongue.

Specifically

-Length from swing away tongue to end of swim platform

-Length from swing away tongue to end of boat if you were to remove swim platform

-Height of the boat with the tower up.

-Height of the boat with tower down.

-Width of trailer.

I need this info to figure out where I will store the boat an would help if I decide to add an extra garage to the house.

Thanks.

Maristar210
09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Welcome,

All those dimensions are in the spec's I believe. You should look up the model you want along with the trailer and so on. You would be able to answer many of those questions. I wish I could grab a tape and give you some precise and prompt numbers but I can't.

Welcome again!!!

Steve

erkoehler
09-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Those measurments should be the same as a X-1 (current).

wakebrdr142
09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks Steve, I found everything but the height of the tower up and folded.

sand2snow22
09-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Mine folded is close to 82". It fits in my 84" high garage......Don't know about up? It's pretty high....

sand2snow22
09-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Double post....

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Mine folded is close to 82". It fits in my 84" high garage......Don't know about up? It's pretty high....

Thanks!

Now all that's left is the height with the tower up.

RexDog1
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
10’1” to the top of my tower light:cool:

etakk7
09-29-2006, 11:22 AM
On my 2000 205V with 2001 zero-flex tower the tower fits in the garage by about 2 inches as well. I would assume that it is a 7 foot tall standard garage.

beatle78
09-29-2006, 12:00 PM
where did you guys get the specs for al those measurements? online? or in one of the manuals that came with the boat?

wakebrdr142- could you post the measurements you came up with for eveyrthing?

thanks,
beatle78

RexDog1
09-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I took a 2 by 4 laid it on top of my tower even with my top tower light
Took a level to make sure it was level
2by4 hung over to the side of the boat, took a tape and measured to the floor
I have 2005 X2 MC Stock tower, tandem MC trailer, 60 LBS. in the tires :cool:

RexDog1
09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh boat has 35Gal. Of gas, no water in ballast tanks full of gear
4 boards….ect

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Found them here http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=boatSpecs&series=x&boat=ps205vx1.07

RexDog1,
So I should be OK with a 10 foot door as long as I don't put tower lights above the tower?

Thanks for the hard work too!

Cary K.
09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
I think he is referring to the anchor light that is actually part of the rope attachment point.

beatle78
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
thanks!....ummmmm did anyone notice that the length of the X-1 w/o platform is 20'7" and length of the X-1 on trailer w/break away tongue is 20'6":confused:

How does the boat shrink an inch when it's on the trailer??...... hmmmmm

http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=boatSpecs&series=x&boat=ps205vx1.07

RexDog1
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
I think he is referring to the anchor light that is actually part of the rope attachment point.

yes from the anchor/Masthad White light (see Photo)8p
on top of the wakeboard rope attachment stock MC light

giantx2
09-29-2006, 06:13 PM
ok, now I have a question. I have a 05 X-2 with the stock tower and swivel board racks. My garage is 7' tall, but I have to let the air out of my tires to be able to fit, I miss going straight in by 1-2". The trailer is a MC trailer. If your X-2 fits in a 7' garage door with 3" to spare, do you have the swivel racks? Does your tower fold forward or to the rear? Just wondering since I really dont want to buy a larger garage door and I am tired of letting air out of the tires. Thanks for your help

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Whoooooooo!!! Where can I get that ballast option!!! PS: I don't see any light??? HAHAHA!!

Thanks!!

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 06:17 PM
ok, now I have a question. I have a 05 X-2 with the stock tower and swivel board racks. My garage is 7' tall, but I have to let the air out of my tires to be able to fit, I miss going straight in by 1-2". The trailer is a MC trailer. If your X-2 fits in a 7' garage door with 3" to spare, do you have the swivel racks? Does your tower fold forward or to the rear? Just wondering since I really dont want to buy a larger garage door and I am tired of letting air out of the tires. Thanks for your help

Your door maybe 7 foot but your trim around the door may be a few inches shorter. My trim makes the opening 6 foot 11 inches.

beatle78 I noticed that too. What's the deal??

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Last question. Say I wanted an 11 foot garage door. Would this be possible? Are there standard sizes for these things or do you buy like a 7 foot door and add segments?

sand2snow22
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM

Giant, I have the same boat with swivel racks, tandem trailer. You have to swivel the racks so they point towards the back of the boat, then fold the tower down back and the front posts forward. If I don't do this I would hit the top of the door. I haven't done that, yet. Knock on wood....This will save you the 2-3 inches and you won't have to let the air out of the tires. This should work. Let me know....

sand2snow22
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Your door maybe 7 foot but your trim around the door may be a few inches shorter. My trim makes the opening 6 foot 11 inches.

This could be the case, too. Giant, I'm not trying to be smart, but have you measured the height? Do you have a small ramp before the entrance to your garage?

trickskier
09-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Wake142,
look at the attached pictures. My X1 just barely fits in the garage! My garage door opening is 7'. Good Luck!

Hello,

Will be getting a 2005 MC X2 over the winter and would like to have the measurements of this boat on the trailer with a swing away tongue.

Specifically

-Length from swing away tongue to end of swim platform

-Length from swing away tongue to end of boat if you were to remove swim platform

-Height of the boat with the tower up.

-Height of the boat with tower down.

-Width of trailer.

I need this info to figure out where I will store the boat an would help if I decide to add an extra garage to the house.

Thanks.

sand2snow22
09-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey Wake142,
look at the attached pictures. My X1 just barely fits in the garage! My garage door opening is 7'. Good Luck!

Dang, that's tight!! I don't even have to put up the engine compartment and the side compartments. I just rest the tower on the vinyl until I get it in the garage, then I tie a rope from the tower to the ceiling of the garage to keep the tower off the vinyl.

Archimedes
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
After ripping out the top moulding on our garage, I've got 6' 11-1/2" and my X-1 just barely squeeks in without messing with tire pressures. Have to swivel the racks of course.

wakebrdr142
09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks fellows!! You have all been a big help. Glad to know the boat will fit into my current garage by maybe a 1/2 inch in height and 2 inches in length (if I take off the swim platform) . Last question. How hard is it to take off the swim platform? Just until I get an extra garage built on the end of the house or if I'm lucky a different house with a three car garage.

sand2snow22
09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=wakebrdr142]How hard is it to take off the swim platform? QUOTE]

It's not too heavy for one person. I would recommend two people only b/c last year one side got stuck and I ripped all of the screws out of the teak. It was an easy fix with longer screws, but if another person is around, I'll grab him/her. If not, I'll do it myself, just a little more careful....

You are going to love this boat. Awesome ski wake at 22' off, legendary wakeboard wake and a good surf wake if loaded right.....

Archimedes
09-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks fellows!! You have all been a big help. Glad to know the boat will fit into my current garage by maybe a 1/2 inch in height and 2 inches in length (if I take off the swim platform) . Last question. How hard is it to take off the swim platform? Just until I get an extra garage built on the end of the house or if I'm lucky a different house with a three car garage.

It's an easy on and off for one person. One thing I would mention is that make sure you're getting a MC trailer, as other trailers that some dealers use are longer than the MC trailer for the X-1. My local dealer's trailer wouldn't fit in my garage.

giantx2
09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
sand2snow22- thanks for the response, I do swivel the board racks, but it is the black knurled knob that hits. I will have to measure the trim opening to see if that has reduced the size of the opening. Yes I do have an angle as I go up the driveway into the garage, short of redoing my driveway, no way to decrease it.

trickskier- good idea lifting the engine cover, If all else fails, this might give me enough clearance to fit the boat in the garage without having to change my garage door.

Thanks for you help and all of the ideas.