PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wisconsin Ski Teams Set Pyramid Record.

Danimal
09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Found this over at Showskiers.com

Check out the thread here - http://www.showskiers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2428

Here is the pic. Very Impressive!!

Danimal
09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Here is the team members and the awesome tow rig!!

jbfootin
09-29-2006, 09:27 AM
48 behind one boat!!! The boat must have been going 50mph when the ropes got tight just to get all those people moving! The driver probably has a black and blue mark that looks like a steering wheel.

Very impressive:worthy:

Datdude
09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
WOW!!!

That is IMPRESSIVE!!!:D

6ballsisall
09-29-2006, 10:43 AM
That is beyond cool!!! Out of curiousity, how does that work coming off the dock? Usually they have a 2nd towboat up front to help the first one get on plane. Anyone have a pic of the release mechanism they use for the tow rope?

Danimal
09-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes it is impressive. I would have loved to have been there to witness that. I'm sure every hair on my neck and arms would be standing on end just watching it.

chudson
09-29-2006, 11:14 AM
That is the coolest thing I've seen on here yet, I'll bet those duece and a quarters were barkin to pull that load!!! To bad we can't see a video, that would have been great!!!

whitedog
09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
That is beyond cool!!! Out of curiousity, how does that work coming off the dock? Usually they have a 2nd towboat up front to help the first one get on plane. Anyone have a pic of the release mechanism they use for the tow rope?

This was pulled with one boat. With 3 225 hp evenrudes. This was attempted unsuccesfully 3 years ago when RAJ pulled 43 off the dock.

The incredilble pulling power of these 2 strokes makes this possable and the pull is not that much hotter that when pulling 30 skiers.

Getting people set on the dock and handling the ropes is harder than the boat driving.

jr: I can get a picture of those two boat releases next time I am at our equipment warehouse. They look like an overgrown trick release.

SD190EVO
09-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Quick question for those into this, can the pyramid be any taller than four people? That is the heighest I've seen and I just wonder if you can go another row. Or what is the record height?

suedv
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
This is a photo I posted earlier this year. It is from the Nationals in Janesville, WI. It is the Rock Aqua Jays 5 high.

suedv
09-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey Whitedog,
From the water to the top of the pyramid about how many feet high is that 5 high? Do you guys build that on a regular basis for your shows? I don't recall ever seeing another team going that high. That top kid can't be afraid of heights!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-29-2006, 02:23 PM
That is one of the neatest things I have seen! that other one they posted here with the 3 pyramids was cool where they had 2 pyramids prebuilt and the boat did a hot pickup and towed the 2 pyramids off the dock. WAY COOL!!!:D

suedv
09-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm wondering how those 4 ski teams got together to do that record breaking pyramid. Is it some end of the season invitational event where they mix things up with teams just for fun?

whitedog
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
From the water to the top of the pyramid about how many feet high is that 5 high? Do you guys build that on a regular basis for your shows? I don't recall ever seeing another team going that high. That top kid can't be afraid of heights!

I'm wondering how those 4 ski teams got together to do that record breaking pyramid. Is it some end of the season invitational event where they mix things up with teams just for fun?

The show directors know each other and just set it up on a Saturday. In WI show skiing is a competitive but close family.

whitedog
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Quick question for those into this, can the pyramid be any taller than four people? That is the heighest I've seen and I just wonder if you can go another row. Or what is the record height?

Record height is 5 tiers.

Several of the larger Division I teams build 5 high on a regularly.
Someday some team will put up a 6 high but the guys on the bottom will need to be buildt like linemen to hold it up, and the climbing starts getting more complicated after 4 tiers.

I have seen a triple top 4 put up on water. That is the start of a 6 high.

This years RAJ 5 high the climbers had an average weight of 100lbs, ages ranged from mid 30 to as young as 10 (top girl). The three guys in the center bottom need to be in reasonably good condition.

barefoot
09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
I have seen a triple top 4 put up on water. That is the start of a 6 high.

That is pretty amazing! Did the Aqua Jays do it?

chudson
09-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I have emailed those pix to everyone on my mail list, that is amazing!!!Is there videos of starting out from the beginning from the docks I would love to see that!!!

whitedog
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
That is pretty amazing! Did the Aqua Jays do it?
Yep on a pratice night late August. Just had the right people and conditions. Don't have any picts though.

LQ9Lover
10-01-2006, 11:07 PM

The Teams: Pictured left to right: Badgerland from the Milwaukee area, Mad-City ('06 National Champs), Beaverland Mustskis from Beaver Dam WI, and WI Rapids Aqua Skiers. All of which are supported by Evinrude. This event was done in cooperation with Evinrude where they had factory execs on site to attempt this pyramid. There is a video of the pyramid as they are attempting to get the pyramid into the Guniess Book. The pryamid was built for about 20 seconds before climbing it down.