PDA

View Full Version : Mold or Mildew

tbuck
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have some recommendations on what to use to clean a small amount of mold or mildew that is on the upholsterey? I left the cushions in the bow after being wet & now have a small amount of mildew on one of the bow cushions. :mad:

east tx skier
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Try Fantastik. If that doesn't get it, try Soft Scrub or Magic Eraser.

twieder
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I've used Simple Green and dish soap. Seems to work well, but I also use 303 on interior too.

east tx skier
09-28-2006, 11:29 AM
I've used Simple Green and dish soap. Seems to work well, but I also use 303 on interior too.

The manual recommends against Simple Green (although I've used it before reading that and my seats haven't exploded). Too bad though as I like the smell of it.

twieder
09-28-2006, 11:36 AM
The manual recommends against Simple Green (although I've used it before reading that and my seats haven't exploded). Too bad though as I like the smell of it.

I guess thats what I get for buying a used boat w/o an owners manual huh? Maybe 303 is keeping mine from exploding too!

east tx skier
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
I guess thats what I get for buying a used boat w/o an owners manual huh? Maybe 303 is keeping mine from exploding too!

I think it's in the newer owner's manual anyway. I think it had to do with UV protection or something. Probably not the worst thing in the world, but I've switched to Fantastik (on the good stuff list) just in case.

twieder
09-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Well consider me a changed man! Err somethin like that? Bummer though cause it worked!

Robert Averyt
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I think it's in the newer owner's manual anyway. I think it had to do with UV protection or something. Probably not the worst thing in the world, but I've switched to Fantastik (on the good stuff list) just in case.

Doug,
I am so very impressed with your knowledge and expertise with the Mastercraft product. Your knowledge is amazing. From hull design from year to year to manufactures reccomendation on cleaners.

You my friend are a major asset to this board.

Thank you for all that you do.

east tx skier
09-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Robert. But just about anything I've discovered about these boats comes from my having made a "mistake" that I would never had known was a mistake but for the people on this forum. As far as knowledge goes, I'm mostly just regurgitating what JimN has said at one time or another. He's the real deal.