PDA

View Full Version : Daddy Bragging again

phecksel
09-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I've often said, we have absolutely no idea how fast our youngest is in track. Well, tonight I think we found out. She managed second place in 8th grade XC. It was the first time she didn't get first that wasn't due to another team intentionally trying to take her out {long story, and they are banned from league participation this year}. She's almost totally healthy, and has a real challenger. Last week our's took first, this week, the other girl took first, and they took over a minute off their 2 mile time. Our's hit 3rd on the schools all time record book. Not bad for 2nd event of the season :) If these two girls can keep pushing each other the rest of the season, they may both set school records this year. Ours has said there is no way she's going to lose next weeks event {home invitational}. And they are still three events away from league championship. She only needs another 34 seconds {easy for me to say}.

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 12:24 AM
I've often said, we have absolutely no idea how fast our youngest is in track. Well, tonight I think we found out. She managed second place in 8th grade XC. It was the first time she didn't get first that wasn't due to another team intentionally trying to take her out {long story, and they are banned from league participation this year}. She's almost totally healthy, and has a real challenger. Last week our's took first, this week, the other girl took first, and they took over a minute off their 2 mile time. Our's hit 3rd on the schools all time record book. Not bad for 2nd event of the season :) If these two girls can keep pushing each other the rest of the season, they may both set school records this year. Ours has said there is no way she's going to lose next weeks event {home invitational}. And they are still three events away from league championship. She only needs another 34 seconds {easy for me to say}.
Great news PH!!!! Nothing is healthier than extra-curricular activities like school sports etc.... Keeps them focused on school and on positive things around them. Best wishes on her upcoming Invitational!!

chudson
09-28-2006, 08:41 AM
I really enjoy hearing stories about the kids, extra curricular activities are great and sounds like your daughter is excelling in her sport. "Congradulations" and keep us posted on her progress!!!

Leroy
09-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Way to go proud Daddy! WIth a little practice I'm sure that 34 seconds will disappear