PDA

View Full Version : still vibrating

dahouse
09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
First I took in the prop, it was fixed. Go to lake, invite friends,--vibration, no ski. Next I took in the entire boat. They had it for a week. Checked alignment, sent prop back to shop for balance. Go to lake, invite friends--vibration, no ski. Now I'm told it may be a strut or shaft that is bent. This should have been checked last time. Anyway, I'm pretty p___ed and my wife wants to throw the boat through the dealer's window. We've lost two entire weekends at the lake not counting the weekends that the boat or prop was in the shop, and we still can't ski for another week or so. Wait, summer is over, crap. I hope my wetsuit still fits, if my boat quits vibrating. Whiskey river here I come.

stevo137
09-27-2006, 08:51 AM
The prop may still not be balanced. I would try a brand new prop and see what happens.

bigmac
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I'd be pissed too. They must not have tested it on the water the first time you took it in for vibration. If you took it in for vibration and they returned it to you without having investigated and fixed all the potential causes of vibration, then it sounds like the dealer dropped the ball.

djhuff
09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Doesn't take a whole lot to pull the shaft and check if it is bent. Sad they didn't do this the first time. As for the prop, buy another one in a different pitch that you want, so you have 2. When one gets bent, use the other while the first is in the shop.

east tx skier
09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Including all that you mentioned was not checked, check the shaft packing, too (unless they were dripless by 04). My brother in law had a weird vibration and almost never figured it out. Less than $1 of wax rope and he was vibration free.