PDA

View Full Version : Covers

BriEOD
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I have been corresponding with Mike at Ski Boat Covers http://www.skiboatcovers.com/boatstyle.php?manufacturer=mastercraft. For those of you who have not seen his product or site I encourage you to check him out. BrianM and I have both done buisness with him and we both feel (I'm paraphrasing Brian M) his products are far superior to the ones you can get out of Overton's, etc. I asked him about the frequency and the product to utilize for reapplying waterproofing to a cover. Here is what he sent (out of the horses mouth):

"Well, waterproofing should be applied about once a year after the original has worn off. That normally takes about 2 to 4 years depending on the enviroment.

We sell a product called 303. The manufacurers of Sunbrella recomend it.

Mike"

I thought this might be a helpful nugget.

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Which 303? Vinyl, glass or polyester specific? I have one of them but too you know to know which one!

BriEOD
09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
He didn't say but I'm sure he is referring to the 303 waterproofer.

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Man I could have used that at MM!;)

east tx skier
09-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Brian, the 303 he's talking about is the "Fabric Guard," which comes with the green label. Works like a charm. We use it on the cover and the bimini. Don't get it on anything else though.

prostar205
09-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Brian, the 303 he's talking about is the "Fabric Guard," which comes with the green label. Works like a charm. We use it on the cover and the bimini. Don't get it on anything else though.

Is it OK to get the 303 Fabric Guard on the vinyl seating surfaces of the boat?

east tx skier
09-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Is it OK to get the 303 Fabric Guard on the vinyl seating surfaces of the boat?

Not according to the label IIRC.

prostar205
09-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I have been corresponding with Mike at Ski Boat Covers http://www.skiboatcovers.com/boatstyle.php?manufacturer=mastercraft. For those of you who have not seen his product or site I encourage you to check him out. BrianM and I have both done buisness with him and we both feel (I'm paraphrasing Brian M) his products are far superior to the ones you can get out of Overton's, etc. I asked him about the frequency and the product to utilize for reapplying waterproofing to a cover. Here is what he sent (out of the horses mouth):

"Well, waterproofing should be applied about once a year after the original has worn off. That normally takes about 2 to 4 years depending on the enviroment.

We sell a product called 303. The manufacurers of Sunbrella recomend it.

Mike"

I thought this might be a helpful nugget.

I just got my full waterline cover from Mike. He was so easy to work with. It fit pretty well but I may need a minor adjustment. My boat is a '02 X30 but with the '05 Tower.

I still would highly recommend his company. The quality of the cover is top notch!!!!!!!!!