PDA

View Full Version : Cancun Mania!

stevo137
09-25-2006, 06:49 PM
EDIT!
All, let's change this to get everyone's input as to the feasibility of an event in Cancun hosted by PQ2.
We are trying to determine the best time considering rates and availability. Everyone who is interested please provide input.
So far Us, Mag, JRandol, Jeremy and Nikki, and Milkmania have said that they would like to attend.
PQ2 has been gracious enough to provide 2-4 boats and is working on getting us special rates for lodging.
This is more complex than I anticipated and jumped the gun a bit.
Anyway, this could be a great function and I hope that we can work it out.
Regards,
stevo

SteveO
09-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Nice work. If you plan it when it falls over the April 1 time frame, we may be down for the wifes big 40 (yes she is an April fools baby)

stevo137
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm sure that there will be questions regarding traveling to Cancun, lodging, costs and such. Please post any questions or concerns on this thread and we will do our best to answer them. I can tell you this, I have flown into Cancun airport twice last year and twice this year and it's a breeze. You can also find some good deals on flights out there. Also the location of the event is only a short cab ride from the airport.

pq2
09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
lets do it guys, im sure you will have an amazing time, great ski during the day and awsome party at night.

rodltg2
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
what about december when the weather is real sucky here

stevo137
09-25-2006, 09:09 PM
The weather usually sucks here in March too.

rodltg2
09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
march usually a bit nicer than april, not as much rain here.

JEREMY79
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I have flown into Cancun. It is very simple.

PQ2 I would say if the hotel rates are good the wife and I are a definant.

6ballsisall
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I have flown into Cancun. It is very simple.

PQ2 I would say if the hotel rates are good the wife and I are a definant.

Will that be Nikki's practice run for the MM drinkoff? :D

Yuck!! Tookillya not good!!!

JEREMY79
09-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Will that be Nikki's practice run for the MM drinkoff? :D

Yuck!! Tookillya not good!!!

She doenst need a practice run. When we stayed down there last year, we had Tequila in the room (free) we stayed 8 days and went through 10 bottles of Tequila

stevo137
09-25-2006, 11:12 PM
She doenst need a practice run. When we stayed down there last year, we had Tequila in the room (free) we stayed 8 days and went through 10 bottles of Tequila
Atta' boy!!! :D

6ballsisall
09-25-2006, 11:22 PM

DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEREMY79
09-25-2006, 11:23 PM
did I mention that neither one of us like tequila anymore

shepherd
09-26-2006, 10:07 AM

Seems to me mid-winter (December/January) would be best. The weather is getting pretty nice around here in March.

Isn't March spring break time?

LakePirate
09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

justinlkgb
09-26-2006, 10:45 AM
When is this going on? I'm gettin hitched at the Riviera Mya by Playa del Carmen, in the first week of Feb. I think Cancun is only an hour away, I want to go skii/boarding down there but don't know where, and Ideas other than this?:)

stevo137
09-26-2006, 11:00 AM
When is this going on? I'm gettin hitched at the Riviera Mya by Playa del Carmen, in the first week of Feb. I think Cancun is only an hour away, I want to go skii/boarding down there but don't know where, and Ideas other than this?:)
Congrats! Went to Playa twice this year and loved it. Yes, about an hour to Cancun. I skied using Waterski Cancun last February.

http://www.waterskicancun.com/

We're still not sure when the event will happen, still in the early stages of planning and trying to find a time that works best for all.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Seems to me mid-winter (December/January) would be best. The weather is getting pretty nice around here in March.

Isn't March spring break time?

Noted and poll has been added...

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Remember the rates go up around the holidays... x-mas new years...
I would defer to pq2 to give us the best time for that sort of info... I know now, during hurricane season that it is cheapest..

Also then "Spring Break" is about 1 month with all the North/Central/South American colleges..

justinlkgb - Depends on how far down the Maya RIviera you are - but 1 hrą is about right to get up to Cancun... You might check around Playa De Carmen - Further south there are a few bays that could be skied although I have never seen anyone ski in them...

I'm in on any spring trips.... Dec/ early Jan is out for me (Probably)

Tequila is good! (But don't let ME have any-lol - See my Signature) :toast:

stevo137
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I went to Cancun twice last year, once in February and again in March. We had no problems with the spring breakers or delays in the airport.
Personally, I am ready for a break from the cold by Feb or March and have too much going on Dec and Jan with the holidays and all of the year end stuff.

shepherd
09-26-2006, 11:37 AM
I just thought that airfares and hotels would be high during spring break, not to mention the crowds. Also, if the ski course is on public water, it might be busier during spring break(?)

- (I don't really know, never been there, just asking :) )

justinlkgb
09-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Stevo. I wouldn't want to pass up a chance to ski in paradise!! For what its worth; the travel agents we have been dealing with, tell us that March is a terrible time to go..lots of spring breakers and everything goes up about25%! Our trip; just to give an idea of cost, is about $2,800 per couple. Now then this includes the flight, all inclusive 8 days 7 night with a honeymooners package and a wedding on the beach. It would be awesome to have a bunch of TT members down there, I'll have to ask the Mrs's for a day pass to do some skiing!:rolleyes: 8p ;)

stevo137
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I just thought that airfares and hotels would be high during spring break, not to mention the crowds. Also, if the ski course is on public water, it might be busier during spring break(?)

- (I don't really know, never been there, just asking :) )
Shep, I will compare. Perhaps PQ2 can comment regarding the crowds. Again, I was there last March with my family and had no issues with the crowds. The airport is hit or miss, you can get stuck when several flights come in and in other cases go right through. Carry on is the key to getting through quickly. They do a great job of moving things along and are geared up to handle it.
As far as the slalom course is concerned, PQ2 should comment but I don't believe that they are used very much.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Stevo. I wouldn't want to pass up a chance to ski in paradise!! For what its worth; the travel agents we have been dealing with, tell us that March is a terrible time to go..lots of spring breakers and everything goes up about25%! Our trip; just to give an idea of cost, is about $2,200 per person. Now then this includes the flight, all inclusive 8 days 7 night with a honeymooners package and a wedding on the beach. It would be awesome to have a bunch of TT members down there, I'll have to ask the Mrs's for a day pass to do some skiing!:rolleyes: 8p ;)
I have not used a travel agent and book everything using Funjet for flights and Hotels.com. for lodging. We'll do some comparisons and see what they look like.
Again, we're just starting to put this together and everyones input helps.
BTW, you won't have the spring breaker issue in Playa, more laid back down there.

Let's see what PQ2 comes up with regarding lodging. And you are correct, rates do increase starting in January.

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks Stevo. I wouldn't want to pass up a chance to ski in paradise!! For what its worth; the travel agents we have been dealing with, tell us that March is a terrible time to go..lots of spring breakers and everything goes up about25%! Our trip; just to give an idea of cost, is about $2,200 per person. Now then this includes the flight, all inclusive 8 days 7 night with a honeymooners package and a wedding on the beach. It would be awesome to have a bunch of TT members down there, I'll have to ask the Mrs's for a day pass to do some skiing!

Hey I would double check the wedding on the beach... Seems like I heard that you had to get the MExican licence and it took a few days... I don't think it's a problem getting one - it just might cause a timing problem...

But - I MIGHT BE WRONG... But double Checking might keep the Mrs. happy - AND THAT IS VITAL!!! :D

& Congrats ! :toast:

pq2
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
The first two weeks of december are not to crowded same for the 3rd and forth week of feb. In march the spring break arrives and its everything full, the rates start climbing. Im gonna ask for a 20 person (10 rooms) group package. Personally I will do it before the 2nd week of december, or last week of february

stevo137
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM

pq2
09-26-2006, 12:44 PM
that will be ok also

stevo137
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
that will be ok also
Great! Let's start with that as far as rates are concerned.
Nice Avatar PQ, nice cut! ;)

LakePirate
09-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Hey I would double check the wedding on the beach... Seems like I heard that you had to get the MExican licence and it took a few days... I don't think it's a problem getting one - it just might cause a timing problem...

But - I MIGHT BE WRONG... But double Checking might keep the Mrs. happy - AND THAT IS VITAL!!! :D

& Congrats ! :toast:

Slight thread jack.

It is pretty easy to get a marrige liscense in Cancun.

Now in the State of Jalisco it is much harder, as they require a blood test. Had some friends who were forced to move wedding from Cancun to Puerta Vallarta and couldn't get a marriage liscense in Jalisco so they waited until they got back to the states and went to the courthouse.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Feb. and March are running close in the poll.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
DAYUM!!! :eek: She is going to need a liver transplant at taht rate!!!:eek3:

pq2
09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
OK guys I just check the dates and february is a high seasson in cancun, our low seassons are the next:

aprl 23 - jul 07
aug 27 - nov 17
nov 26 - dic 16

stevo137
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow! Airfares are up. Here's a link to Tripadvisor. It will give you 6 quotes. I'm going to keep an eye on Funjet airfare only too.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Flights?geo=1&action=showlinks&Orig=ORD&Dest=CUN&roundtrip=yes&leavemonth=02%2F2007&leaveday=8&leavetime=anytime&retmonth=02%2F2007&retday=11&rettime=anytime&adults=4&nonstop=checked&submit.x=47&submit.y=8

pq2
09-26-2006, 01:35 PM
ok guys what do you think of this:

350 usd per day per couple and includes:

double bedroom
all inclusive

also im charging 25 usd per person per day to cover all the boat expenses and to put every day gatorades, beers, munchies, etc. Im counting here 2 boats.
I will try to get another "big" boat to be anchored near the course "the party boat".

The total amount per person per day will be $200 usd.

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM

double bedroom
all inclusive

also im charging 25 usd per person per day to cover all the boat expenses and to put every day gatorades, beers, munchies, etc. Im counting here 2 boats.
I will try to get another "big" boat to be anchored near the course "the party boat".

DOes the all inclusive include golfing??
I could care less but one buddy doesn't ski..... Golfs

stevo137
09-26-2006, 01:46 PM

double bedroom
all inclusive

PQ2, which resort is this? I may need to stay at another due to the fact that I will take my 2 kids, 13 and 15 years old.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Probably not. Greensfees are high in Cancun.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 01:51 PM
:o Whoops! Should have been more patient. I edited the first post and still hope that we can make this happen.

EDIT!
All, let's change this to get everyone's input as to the feasibility of a function in Cancun hosted by PQ2.
We are trying to determine the best time considering rates and availability. Everyone who is interested please provide input.
So far Us, Mag, JRandol, Jeremy and Nikki, and Milkmania have said that they would like to attend.
PQ2 has been gracious enough to provide 2-4 boats and is working on getting us special rates for lodging.
This is more complex than I anticipated and jumped the gun a bit.
Anyway, this could be a great function and I hope that we can work it out.
Regards,
stevo

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 01:51 PM
PQ2, which resort is this? I may need to stay at another due to the fact that I will take my 2 kids, 13 and 15 years old.

THis is what he had said

www.lagunasuites.com.mx

pq2
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM

no golf included, but they will give you a special price, let me ask and i will tell you later

shepherd
09-26-2006, 01:54 PM

double bedroom
all inclusive

Hey pq2, I just noticed your signature! :rolleyes:

;)

pq2
09-26-2006, 01:55 PM

no charge for the room for the kids, its a double queen bed room, they will stay at the same room and will have to pay 35 usd each one for the all inclusive.

pq2
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
green fee for the golf course will be 50 usd

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
no golf included, but they will give you a special price, let me ask and i will tell you later

I am not that concerned with golf... but he might want it..... For that matter he can get out and grab some babes for us while we are skiing... :D

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
green fee for the golf course will be 50 usd

Thanks Man.... If the timing is right - we could make it work....

kennbarbie
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
The wife says we are in, it will be -20 here so it will be a great break for some sun.

pq2
09-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Hey pq2, I just noticed your signature! :rolleyes:

;)

this is pq2

pq2
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM
the hotel:

(pic of the web page im trying to upload):(

stevo137
09-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Slight thread jack.

It is pretty easy to get a marrige liscense in Cancun.

Now in the State of Jalisco it is much harder, as they require a blood test. Had some friends who were forced to move wedding from Cancun to Puerta Vallarta and couldn't get a marriage liscense in Jalisco so they waited until they got back to the states and went to the courthouse.

Here is some good info regarding marriage in Mexico. You can also do a search on Playa.info more more very good info posted by locals.

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/16834-apostille-birth-certificates-wedding.html
Another regarding the translation of documents.
http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/19029-wedding-document-translation.html?highlight=married+playa
Another regarding wedding prices. Hope this helps, I know nothing about the subject.
http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/15107-wedding-prices-playa-del-carmen.html?highlight=married+playa

Again, CONGRATS JUSTIN and enjoy Playa!

pq2
09-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I can ask for the price without the all inclusive, I dont know if you will really use it if you will be all day long at the boats, and at night we will be out for dinner and party. You can use de hotel restaurant in the mornings. Just my 2 cents.

sassydog
09-26-2006, 05:34 PM
sorry guys! wish i could come down this time, but i'll have to limit it to one mania a year. i'm way too poor to do this too often. make sure you get pics!!!!

JEREMY79
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I think we will want the all inclusive. Just easier that way. You gotta eat and you gotta drink
Late Feb/March would work better. You guys that dont have cold weather then just suck and.........:mad:

pq2
09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Jeremy, one thing I can tell you, the food in that hotel is AWSOME, its a very small hotel but the service is amazing. The SPA also is perfect, Im gonna try to get a free spa session for you guys, you will need it after those ski and party sessions.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Jeremy, one thing I can tell you, the food in that hotel is AWSOME, its a very small hotel but the service is amazing. The SPA also is perfect, Im gonna try to get a free spa session for you guys, you will need it after those ski and party sessions.
Great work PQ2! Thanks! We need to pinpoint the dates soon and see if the resort can accomodate. How does it look for late Feb/March? It looks like it's going in that direction.

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey - How about skis - do we need to bring our own or do you have some there that we could borrow.... I see that you got your Monza - but I would be willing to work with any old thing that you might have laying around rather than hauling a ski down...

By the way - do you work for this hotel as a ski instructor or something - or do you just hang out in Cancun skiing...... :cool:

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
We have more skis, the ones we have for the program, one conelly (big) and a mach 1 HO, an f1 conelly (65), and other

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I work for a group of hotels named Sunset, one of the owners of this group bought the laguna suites hotel and i asked him to make a program for skiers. That will be Cancun+Laguna+Ski. I will be offering packages for skiers to come to cancun. Im starting this business with a ski instructor that will be the one that take the skiers. This program will only recieve 5 couples of skiers a week and the idea is to give them this program for a good price with a perfect service on both the hotel and the ski. I will love to be the ski instructor but i work in the accountant part of the company so basically im all the time seated checking numbers.

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
what I try to say is that if this plan is made i will not win any money from it, i really want to show you guys the hotel and the place for the ski program that way maybe you will come to it some day.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
PQ2, can you get a barefoot boom for the footers?

Tryin-again
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
what I try to say is that if this plan is made i will not win any money from it, i really want to show you guys the hotel and the place for the ski program that way maybe you will come to it some day.

Sounds good - Let's make it happen..... I would be for the Feb time frame. But whatever works for the group....

I hunt/guide deer hunts here in Texas so my schedule is messy from about Nov thru January.. That would make it hard for me to go..

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Stevo, now there is no problem with the accomodation, I will try to reservate 10 rooms for those dates. Now we have plenty of time to move the reservation dates. I will also need to know to cancel the ski program in those dates.

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
count with the barefoot boom, also a pylon for the wake boarders. I will ask a friend for his wakeboard boat. That way we will be complete right?

stevo137
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
count with the barefoot boom, also a pylon for the wake boarders. I will ask a friend for his wakeboard boat. That way we will be complete right?
You da' man! :D

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks, im very excited to meet you guys. I will do my best to make you all have an incredible time.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 06:50 PM
thanks, im very excited to meet you guys. I will do my best to make you all have an incredible time.
PQ, here's a thought. I think that it would be cool to take boats out to the reef near the lagoon after you go under the bridge on the left. It's where the jungle tours go. Anchor, tie the boats together and snorkel. There are some decent fish there and it's not very far. A cruse through the mangroves on the way is a must!
Perhaps you could even tie that in with your ski program. ;)

stevo137
09-26-2006, 06:57 PM

pq2
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
count with that part also we do that very often. Its the best way to relax betwen ski sets. You know Cancun very well.

stevo137
09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
count with that part also we do that very often. Its the best way to relax betwen ski sets. You know Cancun very well.
Cool! Looks like you have the makings of a very nice business in a very beautiful place!

stevo137
09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Important information for travelers to Mexico!
You will need a passport beginning January 1st 2007.
Here is the link from the Dept. of State.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

JEREMY79
09-26-2006, 07:45 PM
$400 a day for the couple. Fly in Thursday night you have three nights
$850ish for flight

just a shag over $2,000 for three days

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
That is alot of whiskey huh Jeremy? Actually it is really not that bad. If I do not drink for 74 days I will have just enough $ to attend!;)

stevo137
09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
That is alot of whiskey huh Jeremy? Actually it is really not that bad. If I do not drink for 74 days I will have just enough $ to attend!;)
HB, we need to be there my friend. You won't regret it... ;)

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Can't we just go to Lakey's for the week?:D

stevo137
09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Can't we just go to Lakey's for the week?
All early indicators are that I may be in this without Mrs. and family.
I'll split a room with you as long as you bring some breathright's! :D
Matter of fact, drive your sorry arse here and we'll both fly out of Chicago.
Look out Cancun! HB and stevo together once again! 8p

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I may never return! I have always thought if I were to disappear, renting jet ski's to horny Milfs in Cancun would be my dream! I have the cash to get started. Partners?;)

stevo137
09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
I may never return! I have always thought if I were to disappear, renting jet ski's to horny Milfs in Cancun would be my dream! I have the cash to get started. Partners?;)
Man disappears in the Yucatan! 8p

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Isn't that a little North? Would be very cool to see the history!

09-26-2006, 10:52 PM
I am up for that! Lakey RULES!!! He11, we dont even have to ski, just sit around and watch him drink makers mark is entertainment enough for me!!!

FREEBIRD!!!!!:D

Hoosier Bob
09-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Aren't you Ron Jeremy?

09-26-2006, 10:56 PM
2 grand ish for the trip.....uh....negative ghostrider! UMP will be sitting this one out! and DO NOT tell Ms. UMP about this!:mad: If she finds out about my Mastercraft buddies going to Cancun in March, SHE WILL FLIP OUT that we arent going. SO hush up there my peeps! Let's keep UMP out of trouble with the lady. we dont need to create grief for myself. :rolleyes:

LakePirate
09-27-2006, 09:43 AM

I am up for that! Lakey RULES!!! He11, we dont even have to ski, just sit around and watch him drink makers mark is entertainment enough for me!!!

FREEBIRD!!!!!:D

Anytime boys, one thing It is a bit too cold for me to ski here in Jan/Feb. However it does warm up a good bit early in the spring.

Makers....mmmm

09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Anytime boys, one thing It is a bit too cold for me to ski here in Jan/Feb. However it does warm up a good bit early in the spring.

Makers....mmmm
careful there Lakey! you might have a Hoosier and a Yooper on your door step someday! :D
we will see what spring brings!

LakePirate
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
careful there Lakey! you might have a Hoosier and a Yooper on your door step someday! :D
we will see what spring brings!

Anytime. Yooos guys are welcome dontchano.

Tryin-again
09-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Somebody call UMP's Mrs. - We need his participation in this event - and females can be quite convincing..... :D

Besides - it would be legendary - them Cancun folks will be talkin' for years about the "loco gringo with the cape" :toast:

09-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Anytime. Yooos guys are welcome dontchano.
Thanks Lakey! Hoosier and I will show up with some pasties!;)

Dontchano!!!:cool:

09-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Somebody call UMP's Mrs. - We need his participation in this event - and females can be quite convincing.....

Besides - it would be legendary - them Cancun folks will be talkin' for years about the "loco gringo with the cape"
Uh....no, lets not call Ms. UMP......:o otherwise I will be headed to Cancun and my wallet will be alot lighter come winter. While this Cancun trip sounds like alot of fun, and a great winter vacation, I dont need to be dropping $2000 on a vacation, and I am sure it will cost much more than that with various expenses, food, drink, etc.... sounds like a $2500 mimimum ride to me. :rolleyes: I can ski for alot less than that. Mag Mania was a BLAST and that didnt cost me anywhere near that, and I flew and stayed in a hotel. I am too cheap to spend that kinda chang on a ski trip. If I want to ski in March, I will go see Lakey, all I need to do is bring beer and pasties!8p plus the locals in Cancun might not take well to some idiot with a yooper accent wearing a super hero outfit..... :o

bigmac
09-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Heh...consider bringing some sort of pesticide if you decide to make the trip...:)

More bad luck for Cancun (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/26/mexico.locusts.reut/index.html)

92 190 PS
09-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Not so good for the plans folks......

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-09-27T114315Z_01_N26377703_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEXICO-LOCUSTS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

pq2
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Im amazed with those news, I live and I work at the hotel zone in cancun and i havent seen one of those things. thats B********t.
By the way here you have some pictures of the course today at morning, maybe you can see some of those locust.

pq2
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
one........

pq2
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
another......

pq2
09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Im just arriving from downtown and i saw a bunch of lancosts flying, those things are huge, they look like helicopters, scary!!!

Tryin-again
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Im just arriving from downtown and i saw a bunch of lancosts flying, those things are huge, they look like helicopters, scary!!!

Get your shotgun out - Good practice! :D

LakePirate
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Im amazed with those news, I live and I work at the hotel zone in cancun and i havent seen one of those things. thats B********t.
By the way here you have some pictures of the course today at morning, maybe you can see some of those locust.

So I guess it's not B********t
8p

pq2
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
jajajajaja, one thing is for sure, in the hotel zone I havent seen one yet

pq2
09-27-2006, 06:16 PM
the government will take care of that, so I dont think it would be a problem, mostly because there are not too many plants to eat. Maybe they just pass by and take some tequilas at the carlos and charlies

bigmac
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
the government will take care of that, so I dont think it would be a problem, mostly because there are not too many plants to eat. Maybe they just pass by and take some tequilas at the carlos and charlies

Si, the news reports acknowledge that they aren't found in the hotel zone. Yet...;)

milkmania
09-27-2006, 10:17 PM
in light of recent events, milkmania and his (wife:rolleyes:) will not be able to attend

09-27-2006, 10:18 PM
in light of recent events, milkmania and his (wife:rolleyes:) will not be able to attend
Dont feel bad Milk, I aint goin either

sanjuan23
09-27-2006, 11:00 PM
The day I come back from Mexico and you yahoo's are talking about going back down there. Count me in we need to get this trip/bad taste out of our mouths. :mad:

JEREMY79
09-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Nikki and I will not be able to make the trip either

Leroy
09-27-2006, 11:40 PM
I heard there is a bad outbreak of locust there right now. NPR trivia.......

stevo137
09-28-2006, 12:28 AM
OK, of those who voted and those who have posted on this thread, who is serious at this point? I don't think that the costs will be as bad as some have mentioned if you look in the right places for airfare as we get closer to the event. Anyway, it is not feasible for me to take my family and I would be interested in sharing a room with someone else as long as you don't snore. :D
View Poll Results: Which month would be best for Cancun Mania?
December
River Rat 1 5.88%
January
bucky, shepherd 2 11.76%
February
jbfootin, Jonathan94, justinlkgb, kpgotgame, pkskier, pq2 6 35.29%
March
duckguy, erkoehler, h2oskiluvr, Hoosier Bob, jmyers, jrandol, starman205, stevo137 8 47.06%
Voters: 17.
We will need to pinpoint the dates soon and go from there. Who on the above list of voters is serious about this? Please give your input on the thread so that we can get some direction here.
I still believe that this can be an awesome event in a beautiful place that you won't regret going to...
Regards,
stevo

Tryin-again
09-28-2006, 09:57 AM
OK, of those who voted and those who have posted on this thread, who is serious at this point? I don't think that the costs will be as bad as some have mentioned if you look in the right places for airfare as we get closer to the event. Anyway, it is not feasible for me to take my family and I would be interested in sharing a room with someone else as long as you don't snore. :D
View Poll Results: Which month would be best for Cancun Mania?
December
River Rat 1 5.88%
January
bucky, shepherd 2 11.76%
February
jbfootin, Jonathan94, justinlkgb, kpgotgame, pkskier, pq2 6 35.29%
March
duckguy, erkoehler, h2oskiluvr, Hoosier Bob, jmyers, jrandol, starman205, stevo137 8 47.06%
Voters: 17.
We will need to pinpoint the dates soon and go from there. Who on the above list of voters is serious about this? Please give your input on the thread so that we can get some direction here.
I still believe that this can be an awesome event in a beautiful place that you won't regret going to...
Regards,
stevo

I am in - I just voted for March - But MArch or Feb will work for me - I Have a buddy who doesn't ski - but I imagine he will want to go to drink /chase females - if it is a weekend that he doesn't have his son.....

:dance:

edit: Sorry, I can snore when I drink - & Me in Mex - I drink alot.... So figure it out... Sorry

shepherd
09-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I probably won't make it. But I'll be sitting at the local beach bar and stare across the Gulf towards Cancun and have a beer with ya!

Any of you guys who can't afford the airline ticket are welcome to drive down and join me on this side of the pond... :toast:

Tryin-again
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
shep - what state are you in??

09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
I probably won't make it. But I'll be sitting at the local beach bar and stare across the Gulf towards Cancun and have a beer with ya!

Any of you guys who can't afford the airline ticket are welcome to drive down and join me on this side of the pond... :toast:
and I will stare across the entire continent and have a beer with ya!:D

shepherd
09-28-2006, 12:10 PM
shep - what state are you in??

Florida panhandle

pq2
09-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I will love to find free rooms for everyone, and believe me i will ask for them, but im sure that there are great specials on tickets and maybe you can a find a better option for the hotel also. Check spirit airlines they have great promotions, and i will keep looking for better prices on hotel rooms.

pq2
09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
San Juan how was you vacation, I felt very bad for not taking you to ski.

sanjuan23
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
San Juan how was you vacation, I felt very bad for not taking you to ski.

The weather was beautiful, the tequila was great (too much too fast for Saturday Afternoon) Unfortunately the resort was not what is was cracked up to be. Far too many unattractive people walking around with far too much exposed :noface: All in all we had a good time just again realized why we wanted to stay closer to Cancun. I will be watching this deal closely to see if we can make it!

Tryin-again
09-28-2006, 02:01 PM
The weather was beautiful, the tequila was great (too much too fast for Saturday Afternoon) Unfortunately the resort was not what is was cracked up to be. Far too many unattractive people walking around with far too much exposed :noface: All in all we had a good time just again realized why we wanted to stay closer to Cancun. I will be watching this deal closely to see if we can make it!

SanJuan - Where did you stay? Further down the MAyan Riviera?? :mad:

Tryin-again
09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
So looked at a calendar:
These are the Thurs - Sun in Feb. & Mar '07

Feb. 1 - 4
Feb. 8 - 11
Feb. 15 - 18
Feb. 22 - 25

Mar. 1 - 4
Mar. 8 - 11
Mar. 15 - 18
Mar. 22 - 25
Mar. 29 - Apr. 1

I am not sure if Thurs - Sun is what everyone had in mind - But I thought I would post..

Also, In my case I have a lot of women working here and they take off for the kids spring break -March - High School, Middle School..

I would opt for Feb - For that reason...

pq2
09-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I went to the course at lunch time, glassy water, but I skied bad. I talked with the guy of the wakeboard boat and he told me that we can count with his boat, also the boom fot the footers is ready.

sanjuan23
09-28-2006, 06:59 PM
SanJuan - Where did you stay? Further down the MAyan Riviera?? :mad:

We stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites, just north of Tulum. Dont get me wrong it was a nice little resort only 198 rooms, but for the money we spent it just didnt feel like it was worth it.

pq2
09-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Im sorry to hear that SJ, hope you can come, that way we will clean that bad impression.

Tryin-again
09-28-2006, 07:14 PM
We stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites, just north of Tulum. Dont get me wrong it was a nice little resort only 198 rooms, but for the money we spent it just didnt feel like it was worth it.

I have never stayed there but familiar with it... Thanks for the heads up - I hope your next stay will be better.... :)

stevo137
09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Sanjuan, sorry to hear about that. The Eldorado is owned by the same company that owns Hidden Beach Resort (Clothing optional). It is located next door and may contribute to the lack of clothing. Anyway, topless is normal and common in the Maya and there are few resorts and beach areas closer to Tulum that take it beyond that. We stayed in Playacar twice this year very close to Playa Del Carmen and enjoyed it very much. My pick would be Playa or Cancun.
Playa is more laid back without the "spring break" atmosphere. BTW, I have no complaints regarding the topless women, most all of them looked good. :D

6ballsisall
09-28-2006, 10:02 PM
We are up in the air at this point. A lot will hinge how far along we are in the remodel in our soon to be lakehome!!!!!!!!:D

sanjuan23
09-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I love going to Cancun and all up and down the Mayan Rivera I think that just made our 6th trip down that way. We just thought that we would try another brand of hotel again the service was good the food and drinks were good I just didnt feel like I got the treatment that one deserves paying up wards of 5 bills a night. I dont mind the toplessness at all or people walking around topless. There are just some folks that SHOULD NOT be walking around without a top. Again I have to remind myself that some people just are not bashful and heck thats cool what ever floats your boat, but in all seriousness it was a good trip to just get away and not deal with customers, distributors or manufacturers for a couple of days and focus on the wife:D I love being in Mexico! If we are not pregnant in the next couple of months we will definitely be ready to make another trip! So I will reserve not to vote on any dates, just let me know a month or so in advance so that we can cash in some miles and make some reservations!

edwinfuqua
09-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Do you know of any group discounts at a particular hotel or resort? I would be nice to have a big group and get a special deal. I bet March is a huge vacation time there, everything is in full late spring mode if not allready hot. That's too far to tow my boat - what is the big attraction other than the location?

stevo137
09-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Do you know of any group discounts at a particular hotel or resort? I would be nice to have a big group and get a special deal. I bet March is a huge vacation time there, everything is in full late spring mode if not allready hot. That's too far to tow my boat - what is the big attraction other than the location?
PQ is working the lodging and doing his best to find the best deals.
The big attraction for me is going to a beautiful, warm place while the weather here is not very good. With the current deal that PQ2 has, it would be $200 per person per night for all inclusive, not bad for Cancun.
The last two times that I flew into Cancun airport, March and April of this year, I paid $290 and $325. Right now flights are in the $400 range and usually drop in Feb and March. There is plenty of time to find a good deal on flights.
Stevojr last year in Cancun.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/stevo137/IMG_45466.jpg

stevo137
09-30-2006, 05:13 PM
PQ2, I have a question. Is there another resort that is affiliated with the Laguna Suites on the Caribbean side where we can use our AI bracelets and spend some time on the beach?
If not, most resorts will let you pay a one day AI fee and use their facility. Cost can range from $50-$85.
Also please show us more info regarding the location of the resort and also if you can drive the boats right up to the resort.
Thanks!

pq2
10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Im trying to get that deal, with the all inclusive of the laguna suites be able to go to the beach to the royal sunset, also be able to eat and drink there. There will be some boats that pick up you at laguna suites to take you to the Royal Sunset.

10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Is it me? or does that water look a tad too rough for skiing?8p

pq2
10-02-2006, 12:35 PM
what about this one ;)

Tryin-again
10-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Yea a little rough - the last time I was there we did the parasail stuff and there are some mighty big fishes there also :eek3:

Can you saw JAWS??

Teaches you not to fall!! :D

stevo137
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Im trying to get that deal, with the all inclusive of the laguna suites be able to go to the beach to the royal sunset, also be able to eat and drink there. There will be some boats that pick up you at laguna suites to take you to the Royal Sunset.
Awesome! Keep us posted and thanks again for your extra effort PQ2.
Just a thought for others, Mag and I have talked about splitting a room. That way, the cost would be $200 each per night. That's pretty darn good for all inclusive in Cancun. Not sure if we're doing this yet but it may be something that others can think about also.

bigmac
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes! Cancun glass...:D

I've been to Cancun many times over the years. Beautiful place. I've stayed several different places - the Omni and Royal Caribbean are very nice. Only time I've stayed on the lagoon side was at the Kin Ha. Nice beach, I can see how the lagoon could be great for skiing, but it was a long haul through the lagoon out to the Caribbean for diving with both Blue Peace Scuba and Aquaworld. I think you guys are going to have a blast. From experience, I'd agree that it might be preferable to either avoid spring break or intentionally seek it out, depending on your entertainment preferences.;)

stevo137
10-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Yes! Cancun glass...:D

I've been to Cancun many times over the years. Beautiful place. I've stayed several different places - the Omni and Royal Caribbean are very nice. Only time I've stayed on the lagoon side was at the Kin Ha. Nice beach, I can see how the lagoon could be great for skiing, but it was a long haul through the lagoon out to the Caribbean for diving with both Blue Peace Scuba and Aquaworld. I think you guys are going to have a blast. From experience, I'd agree that it might be preferable to either avoid spring break or intentionally seek it out, depending on your entertainment preferences.;)
Great points Mac. I was there with my family last March and we stayed at the Cancun Palace and had no issues with the spring breakers.
Also went in Feb for a business meeting. Both times were great.
Mac, you should try to join us. ;)

bigmac
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Great points Mac. I was there with my family last March and we stayed at the Cancun Palace and had no issues with the spring breakers.
Also went in Feb for a business meeting. Both times were great.
Mac, you should try to join us. ;)

I'd love to, but the early part of the year is nuts for me, especially 2007, between travel for work, couple of meetings, snowmobiliing in Montana, and some hospital work in Pignon, Haiti.

stevo137
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
I'd love to, but the early part of the year is nuts for me, especially 2007, between travel for work, couple of meetings, snowmobiliing in Montana, and some hospital work in Pignon, Haiti.
Wow! That is some schedule! You amaze me Mac.
Keep it in mind and also an eye on the dates that are finally determined.

Tryin-again
10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Yea, pq2 thanks for your work... Let's not drop the ball on this - I am ready to sign up.. pq2- I know you are there and have the contacts but it I can do anything let me know...

Otherwise I'll be lurking/ waiting... ready to sign on..... :D

Tryin-again
10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Bump - Refuse to let this die! :banana:

pq2
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Guys I need your help, Im gonna buy a wakeboard for the program and I need to know wich size I should buy, what I want is a good wakeboard that fits to most of people. Please let me know what you think and what do you recomend me to buy.

Tryin-again
10-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Guys I need your help, Im gonna buy a wakeboard for the program and I need to know wich size I should buy, what I want is a good wakeboard that fits to most of people. Please let me know what you think and what do you recomend me to buy.

I am not a boarder -but, My buddies kids bought a Hyperlite - I'll have to check size later - But we taught about a dozen kids from 17 - 10 yrs on it... Had a 215lb guy learn on it...46 yrs.... a 30 yr old woman that I was hustling used it (she had WB before some) - It's a good all around for us novices at that -

Surely the real wake board guys here have better info than I.... :rolleyes:

Tryin-again
10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Hyper;ite- 13 yr old

stevo137
10-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Feb. and March are even.
Can we get a count of who might be able to attend so that we can begin to pinpoint a weekend?
December
emnesto, River Rat, rodltg2 3 9.68%
January
bucky, shepherd 2 6.45%
February
Brent, Carl Morris, Holtrodj, jbfootin, Jonathan94, justinlkgb, kpgotgame, NeilM, pkskier, pq2, ski_king, TomL, Viper89 13 41.94%
March
duckguy, edwinfuqua, erkoehler, h2oskiluvr, Hoosier Bob, Jay Haile, jmyers, jrandol, mbeach, Mi.mc, starman205, stevo137, Tryin-again 13 41.94%
Voters: 31.

Tryin-again
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Steve - I voted March - But Feb would work out better - That Said - I'll probably make anything work...

-- We could Ski This..... :cool:

stevo137
10-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks Tryin', we still have some time but should get the dates pinpointed by the end of October.
Which resort is that?

stevo137
10-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Bump. Any news?

pq2
10-09-2006, 01:23 PM
from Cancun the news are that the Perfect Pass on the boat works perfect, the course have new bouys, the water is warm and glassy and the beers are cold and waiting.

stevo137
10-09-2006, 01:26 PM
from Cancun the news are that the Perfect Pass on the boat works perfect, the course have new bouys, the water is warm and glassy and the beers are cold and waiting.
Ah yes, and you forgot to mention the women in bikinis! :D

Tryin-again
10-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks Tryin', we still have some time but should get the dates pinpointed by the end of October.
Which resort is that?

Steve that is The Golden Crown or something like that - There are 2 this is the one that is no kids - it was fairly inexpensive all inclusive...

stevo137
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Bump Bump Bump Bump, Bump Bump Bump Bump!
Da Da Da Da Ta Da, Charge!!! :)

Mag_Red
10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
So whats' the status of this shindig??? dates set yet??? Don't make me read the entire thread again:D

stevo137
10-10-2006, 12:55 PM
So whats' the status of this shindig??? dates set yet??? Don't make me read the entire thread again:D
Mag, no dates yet. We need to pinpoint it pretty soon though.
How about March 1st-4th?
I'm not sure who is in at this point.
How does it look for you?
The only way I'm going is if I share a room. I have approval from Mrs. to go on this one! Ain't she great! 8p

Mag_Red
10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
With me being the CEO, I can work around almost any date. I guess we need to see what the estimated costwould be and who all is interested at this point.:popcorn:

stevo137
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
With me being the CEO, I can work around almost any date. I guess we need to see what the estimated costwould be and who all is interested at this point.:popcorn:
Here is my best guess:
Flight: $300-400 range depending when you book, closer to the event, less money.
Room: $200 per night each person, all inclusive.
Folding cash: well that depends, I would take about $400 cash for spending and tips. There is some great shopping and you might want to buy gifts and such.
I am estimating appr. $1,400 total for me depending on flight costs.
Not bad for AI in Cancun, not to mention all that PQ2 is offering with the boats and services. He is even trying to work out a deal where we can use our AI bracelets at another resort ocean side and spend some time on those beautiful beaches...

stevo137
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Also keep in mind that it can take 6-8 weeks to get a passport and you will need one beginning in January.
This is the State Dept. site with everything you need to know regarding passports.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

Tryin-again
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Bump - Gotta keep it going :D

justinlkgb
10-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Hey Tryin Again, when do you plan on going?

Tryin-again
10-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Hey Tryin Again, when do you plan on going?

I guess late Feb would be best for me .... I am somewhat flexible Feb-Mar... Other months are out for me - work-work-work.. :D

Tryin-again
10-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Bump

Cancun Trip ??

Or

IS IT DYING???

:mad:

stevo137
10-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Bump

Cancun Trip ??

Or

IS IT DYING???

:mad:
It seems to be, this should be closed out by the end of October.
It was worth a try anyway.
I still think that it could be a great event.

stevo137
10-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Matter of fact, I'M OUT.
Good luck and safe travels if you go....

pq2
10-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Stevo and Trying Again, you guys should try to come anytime, Im sure you will have a blast. We can always find some rooms. Please let me know if I can help.

stevo137
10-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Stevo and Trying Again, you guys should try to come anytime, Im sure you will have a blast. We can always find some rooms. Please let me know if I can help.
Thanks much! I appreciate your efforts to try to put this together. At this point, it's just not falling into place for an event.
Regards,
stevo