PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow...

92 190 PS
09-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Making our first trip to Dale Hollow this weekend with the family. Wondering if anyone has any advice on the lake? Any courses on the lake? Places to go or not to go? Any suggestions are welcome... Thanks

JEREMY79
09-25-2006, 10:35 PM
What part of DH are you going to, Where are you putting in? That will make a diffrence. If you are on the upper end, just find a cove. I think there is a course up there somewhere, however I dont know where. On the South End of the lake East Fork is the best skiing. No course but absolute glass water.

Jeremy

coreman
09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Jeremy79 is dead on about the south side of the lake. There is a course in Fanny's creek which is located by Wisdom marina. Also you can go behind wisdom dock up into illwill creek for some decent water. Although at the time of year you are going to be there I don't think you will have any trouble just pulling up into any cove and start skiing. It is a beautiful lake- enjoy!

eltesoro
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I would suggest bringing your wet suit for comfort. The night air has the water temp way down. We are not getting the indian summer like last year.

92 190 PS
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
What part of DH are you going to, Where are you putting in? That will make a diffrence. If you are on the upper end, just find a cove. I think there is a course up there somewhere, however I dont know where. On the South End of the lake East Fork is the best skiing. No course but absolute glass water.

Jeremy

Sunset Marina I believe...Not sure where that is relative to the comments above, but I'm sure I'll find a map once we get down there....And yes I already pulled out the wetsuits...High of 60 of something like that Friday...Ouch

Thanks for the info......

Mag_Red
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Sunset Marina I believe...Not sure where that is relative to the comments above, but I'm sure I'll find a map once we get down there....And yes I already pulled out the wetsuits...High of 60 of something like that Friday...Ouch

Thanks for the info......Make sure to stop at Moogies while you are there. It's right up the hill. As far as skiing, when you head ou of the marina, turn right. Miles, and miles of nothing but glass. Youwill love it there. Make sure to jump off the cliffs while you are there. can't miss em, they are on your right about 3 minutes from the marina.