PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Motion, Paul Jager

xpert
09-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi guys

Just trying to contact Paul Jager by mail and phone for a week without any response. Have you guys had in contact with him recently? Is he out of business?

Best regards
Arthur

André
09-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi guys

Just trying to contact Paul Jager by mail and phone for a week without any response. Have you guys had in contact with him recently? Is he out of business?

Best regards
Arthur
Salut Arthur!
Have you tried asking the same questions on the Nicholls site?More experts overthere...Good luck!
http://eclipse.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin/BBS/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;#14417
Looking for hardshells?

6ballsisall
09-24-2006, 11:49 AM
I am surprised you are having troubles. I have talked with Paul many a times, alot of times I'll get vmail or someone else in his office but he always calls back. In fact, when I was having issues setting my FM's up he called me back on a Sunday! Great service and a REALLY smart guy!

88 PS190
09-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I never have trouble, I know he's gotten more orders than ever lately, and slightly busy, but you should be able to raise him.

the telus.net email works for me, and if you call the number you can leave a voicemail...

countymountie
09-24-2006, 01:33 PM
I never have trouble, I know he's gotten more orders than ever lately, and slightly busy, but you should be able to raise him.

the telus.net email works for me, and if you call the number you can leave a voicemail...

I will be ordering FM quatro's for next year. I have a few questions. How long did it take for them to arrive? How difficult was it to set up to a blank ski?

It appears on some of the boots that there is eylets for "shoelaces" when it actually closes by a wratchet strap. What's with the eyelets?

http://www.jagersport.com/Images/FMc66q_06.jpg

Note the eyelets on the back boot. What up wit dat??

Thanks

88 PS190
09-24-2006, 01:53 PM
The boots are ordered from a company that makes rollerblade shells, and some of the origional/trick boots use the laces look at the single boots.

He also bolts through some of the eyelets to attach the buckles.

As for how long to arrive depends on where you are and what you pay for shipping.

Set up on blank ski. For ease of set up use the FMX plate. but this is the description for a non FMX set up.

First the posistion of the front boot is located by attaching the front plate to the ski and measuring Distance from tail to the rear of the front boot. Then the front of the front plate gets secured to the ski, there is a double stick tape you can use, or you can use #10 sheet metal screws driven into the ski, or drill and insert stainless inserts w/ epoxy you can get it from jager.

Then the rear can be set up and the pin gap adjusted by minor slidding of the front plate.

In the middle the velcro attaches to the ski by use of 3M body molding tape as do the guide blocks (some versions screw in depending on model of boot etc.)

Fairly fast to set up once you have the inserts in the ski, then its 10 screws and sticking tape to the ski, doesn't take long at all.

countymountie
09-24-2006, 02:11 PM
But I wouldn't be looking at a wait of over a month? Just looking forward in advance when I need to place my order.

Is where you place your front boot dependant on the ski make/model? Where do you get that info?

88 PS190
09-24-2006, 02:22 PM
The distance from tail for the front boot is related to ski model and length.

What ski do you have and i'll look for it.

Exact placement is often a function of personal style but a suggested placement is a small amount back from the factory suggestion.

Time of delivery can vary, he does make them for you, but he keeps the parts in stock, ie. if you want a certain boot rotation on the front boot he needs to drill the plate for you, but he'll have the plate so it doesn't take him a month.

Good guy to deal with.

give him a call and he should let you know how long of a list he has.

I think since having a product highlight in the september waterski mag they've been busy.

countymountie
09-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I will be getting a new stick for next year. I'm going to be moving up from an HO Burner w/double Venoms. Right now, given my ability I'm looking at a 67' Triumph.

I won't need anything "custom" as far as boot setup or rotation. Currently I'm still working on my 15' off @ 28 and have twisted my ankle a few times. Hence, my quest for something that will release on a more consistant basis if warranted.

88 PS190
09-24-2006, 03:14 PM
HO will send suggested binding placement with the ski.

Jager recommends a bit back because the bindings give more tip anyway.

Brent
09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Paul name is Shark on Nicholl's, He has posted there today!