PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Work

BriEOD
09-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Caution to Harold and Doug (ETS) get the defibilator ready.

My trailer was in need of some work. Last year I replaced the bunks and carpet along with doing some touch up sanding and painting. However, my lights were becoming a problem and my fenders were begining to wear. I did some research, talked to some people and decided to have my fenders covered with black Line-x. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It looks sharp and is very functional. I had a lot of "spider webs" and cracking in my fenders and this took care of it. I replaced all of the hardware with stainless (it was galvanized). Additionally, I pulled all new wires and put in all new LED lights. I've really happy with it. I'll post a picture soon. Can't do it now cause I've got to run out for church.

rasmithaz
09-23-2006, 05:29 PM
When you are at church it might be a good time to pray for forgiveness for spraying those fenders with line-x.

88 PS190
09-23-2006, 05:35 PM
when the dust gets into the line x and refuses to wash out... is when he's gonna be praying for some crazy acid rain...

TMCNo1
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM

My trailer was in need of some work. Last year I replaced the bunks and carpet along with doing some touch up sanding and painting. However, my lights were becoming a problem and my fenders were begining to wear. I did some research, talked to some people and decided to have my fenders covered with black Line-x. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It looks sharp and is very functional. I had a lot of "spider webs" and cracking in my fenders and this took care of it. I replaced all of the hardware with stainless (it was galvanized). Additionally, I pulled all new wires and put in all new LED lights. I've really happy with it. I'll post a picture soon. Can't do it now cause I've got to run out for church.

VvvvWVvvvVWvvvWV________________________FLATLINE, CODE BLUE:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme As long as it works for you, that's all that matters. Much like my Butcher Block Formica covered Teak swim platform.

east tx skier
09-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Brian, I've got a few spider cracks on each fender where the wheel well meets the step. Just comes from 13 years of using the step. It's not bad yet though. Let's see some pics.

BriEOD
09-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Much like my Butcher Block Formica covered Teak swim platform.
I hope you are kidding.

BriEOD
09-23-2006, 08:42 PM
when the dust gets into the line x and refuses to wash out... is when he's gonna be praying for some crazy acid rain...
That's why God created pressure washers.

BriEOD
09-23-2006, 08:43 PM
When you are at church it might be a good time to pray for forgiveness for spraying those fenders with line-x.
I was praying there would be a new boat in my drive way when I got home. I guess I didn't pray hard enough. :D

TMCNo1
09-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I hope you are kidding.

I can always pray for one!

Leroy
09-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe I should go to your church, I gave up asking for stuff like that in my church long time ago.... :)

I was praying there would be a new boat in my drive way when I got home. I guess I didn't pray hard enough. :D

PendO
09-23-2006, 10:12 PM
I hope nobody went to chuch praying for an Irish win tonight ... good ole arse' kicking going on right now:)

*(I root for whoever plays against Notre Dame)
**(I also root for Washington State University - they have a good team once every ten or twenty years)

Farmer Ted
09-23-2006, 10:28 PM
I hope nobody went to chuch praying for an Irish win tonight ... good ole arse' kicking going on right now:)

*(I root for whoever plays against Notre Dame)
**(I also root for Washington State University - they have a good team once every ten or twenty years)

ND isn't having much luck with Teams from Michigan this year.

Next week will be a tough one for Iowa.....

88 PS190
09-23-2006, 11:14 PM
they're looking slightly better right there, maybe they'll pull it off and startle everyone.

And OSU is gonna be a tricky one, i'll be sure to pound back a few and yell as loud as i can... should help us win eh

88 PS190
09-23-2006, 11:30 PM
There you go, i am now startled.

Kinda prophetic aren't I.

Leroy
09-23-2006, 11:31 PM
You are able to see the future 88! WOW, some game and it's not over yet.

they're looking slightly better right there, maybe they'll pull it off and startle everyone.

And OSU is gonna be a tricky one, i'll be sure to pound back a few and yell as loud as i can... should help us win eh

PendO
09-24-2006, 12:36 AM
oh man, that BLEW!

Leroy
09-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Can you believe the power that ND came back with!

oh man, that BLEW!

stevo137
09-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Awesome comeback! (sorry bout' the jack Brian).
Let's see some pics of that trailer.

BriEOD
09-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Here's one.

BriEOD
09-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Here's two.

BrianM
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
That looks pretty good to me, especially with your black and grey boat. Nice looking LED tail lights as well.

PendO
09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I think it looks really good, and the lights are great! Also - I like the wheels, better than OEM for sure.

stevo137
09-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Looks nice BriEOD. I'm not crazy about that functional coating on the fenders but does it really matter what others think as long as you like it?

east tx skier
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Brian, I think it looks good personally. I can't believe that's Cody!

TMCNo1
09-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I looks good, and those lights make a difference, don't they?

Ric
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM

My trailer was in need of some work. Last year I replaced the bunks and carpet along with doing some touch up sanding and painting. However, my lights were becoming a problem and my fenders were begining to wear. I did some research, talked to some people and decided to have my fenders covered with black Line-x. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It looks sharp and is very functional. I had a lot of "spider webs" and cracking in my fenders and this took care of it. I replaced all of the hardware with stainless (it was galvanized). Additionally, I pulled all new wires and put in all new LED lights. I've really happy with it. I'll post a picture soon. Can't do it now cause I've got to run out for church. Wanna trade trailers!?

MarkP
09-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Here's two.
Ah, trailer looks great but has it been getting wet other than with rain? Lets go bri, Dip that thing in a lake..

BriEOD
09-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I like it. I put about $225 in it for everything plus about 6 hours of labor.

Mark my brother, yes, it has been getting wet! We went out the weekend I got back and than again yesterday. Cody actually was jumping off the swim platform to me. I got in a few good slalom sets and saw a TriStar out on the water. Brianna got up the first time on her new wakeboard. She seems to like it. We are going out again Saturday morning!

BriEOD
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I can't believe that's Cody!
Dittio Doug ... See above. :cool:

Leroy
09-25-2006, 08:26 PM
BriEOD; Cody is looking like a big boy there! Wow, time goes quick huh!

BriEOD
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
BriEOD; Cody is looking like a big boy there! Wow, time goes quick huh!
It's unreal Leroy. We have gone from this to above in 2 years. It is really a miracle and we are very blessed. Children are very special little people.

Hoosier Bob
09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
The ultimate toy!:D

TMCNo1
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
The ultimate toy!:D

Yea boy, grandparents have it great. We can play with them, shake'um up like a hot Coke and when they spew, you can leave! Joking!

BriEOD
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Yea boy, grandparents have it great. We can play with them, shake'um up like a hot Coke and when they spew, you can leave! Joking!
Funny you use this clique' Harold. Carla and Cody walked our daughter to the bus stop this morning. When they got back the little guy threw up all over the place. He was a rough camper until about 2 pm today. Then whatever it was is gone. He never had a fever and is holding stuff down. I wish I got over things that quickly.

TMCNo1
09-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Funny you use this clique' Harold. Carla and Cody walked our daughter to the bus stop this morning. When they got back the little guy threw up all over the place. He was a rough camper until about 2 pm today. Then whatever it was is gone. He never had a fever and is holding stuff down. I wish I got over things that quickly.
:uglyhamme That's usually the way it happens with kids, the older they get the longer it lasts.

east tx skier
09-27-2006, 10:19 AM

Glad he's feeling better. Been there, cleaned up that.

jimmer2880
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Wow.... That looks great. I was thinking about doing my whole trailer in that in the spring (if I can ever get that garage built by then).

It's amazing how fast they grow up. Before long, his momma's going to be asking for another 8p

BriEOD
09-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Before long, his momma's going to be asking for another 8p
I'm not so sure about that one Jim. I'd love more. However, I think she will have to have some plumbing work undone before the next one.