PDA

View Full Version : Houston Ski areas

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I just found out this evening that my ski partner and her husband might be moving to Houston where he'd work for NASA. What lake communities are out there? I seem to remember one but was really expensive. What lake options would they have out there???

Archimedes
09-21-2006, 07:44 PM
I just found out this evening that my ski partner and her husband might be moving to Houston where he'd work for NASA. What lake communities are out there? I seem to remember one but was really expensive. What lake options would they have out there???

I skiied the San Jacinto river in Kingwood when I lived there. Small, shallow and dirty, but smooth water. I do recall there was an upscale private lake/community going up in the early 90's around Houston, but don't remember what became of it. There's always Lake Conroe between 6 and 8am...

Tryin-again
09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I am not familiar with the Houston area...

But, if your buddy will cover cost , truck and boat fuel - I would be glad to drag the MC over there for a few days and do some recon..

Heck we might could get some of them Tyler and DFW boys over there so we could get a good balance opinion..... :D

rodltg2
09-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Lakes of Katy
M2
lago santa fe
crystal lake estates
ski texas
green lake

east tx skier
09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Lakes of Katy
M2
lago santa fe
crystal lake estates
ski texas
green lake

And

Lakes at Cypress Hill
Lake at Banana Bend

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Sounds like they'll have some choices! I am happy for them and sad at the same time. :(

Ric
09-22-2006, 08:57 AM
nearest to NASA would be Lago Santa Fe and Crystal lake but I don't think Crystal lake is an option as there are only a couple of houses there. That lake is an old quarry that used to be the home of our Cable waterski park in the 80s
Really depends on how close they want to live to NASA Jr
If the live out West, there is lakes of Katy and Cypress hill but they are at least 50mile drive each way to NASA from those 2

Cary K.
09-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't know if anyone will remember or know, but what private lake community in the Houston area held the INT National Championships in 2001 or 2002? I went out for that but can not remember the name. Very nice facility, dual competition lakes with a median between them. Very few houses though.

Ric
09-22-2006, 11:13 AM
sounds like terra mare near Crosby Texas??

6ballsisall
09-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys! Ski partner sent me a link to a home a realtor email'd MLS stuff on. Needs updating but what a price to be on private water.......:( Me needs to move to Texas!!

http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?prp=mls&AgentId=JANOWENS&EmailKey=14616765

Farmer Ted
09-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys! Ski partner sent me a link to a home a realtor email'd MLS stuff on. Needs updating but what a price to be on private water.......:( Me needs to move to Texas!!

http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFul/PrtBuyFul.asp?prp=mls&AgentId=JANOWENS&EmailKey=14616765

http://www.taxnetusa.com/texas/brazoria/brazoriadetail.php?i_search_form_basket=brazoria/default.php&whereclause=&i_county_code=&theKey=R259527

Not too bad on taxes, but the house is appraised at $110,000 if he buys it at $297,000 I guess his taxes will go up?

6ballsisall
09-25-2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.taxnetusa.com/texas/brazoria/brazoriadetail.php?i_search_form_basket=brazoria/default.php&whereclause=&i_county_code=&theKey=R259527

Not too bad on taxes, but the house is appraised at $110,000 if he buys it at $297,000 I guess his taxes will go up?

Well they are headed out this weekend to look at houses. Sounds like its all but a done deal for them. :cry: I am happy and sad for them at the same time. Now i have to find a new ski partner who can go when I can. On the other side I am happy for them, they seem pretty certain they'll end up on one of the private ski lake communities down there. He should know tommorrow the entire low-down on his offer.

Ric
09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Well they are headed out this weekend to look at houses. Sounds like its all but a done deal for them. :cry: I am happy and sad for them at the same time. Now i have to find a new ski partner who can go when I can. On the other side I am happy for them, they seem pretty certain they'll end up on one of the private ski lake communities down there. He should know tommorrow the entire low-down on his offer. Jeff, do they have young kids?
I have seen that listing at ski Texas in the past and wondered how well it showed... It will be interesting to hear what they have to say after looking. Ski Texas is further from NASA than LSF, but almost definitely more affordable.