PDA

View Full Version : Sixam Ii

xpert
09-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi

I am looking for a new waterski. Mostly I ride open water because in our area there’s no slalom course.
Right now I have a HO vengeance, I would like to get myself to a higher step.
Unfortunately we have to ski most of the time in rough water, that means it's just not perfect. What do you think?
I ride at 34mph and 15/22off

Any help highly appreciated.

Best regards
Arthur

MYMC
09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I have a brand new (rode once) 69.5" SixAm for sale 2005 model...PM me if you are interested.

Cottonwood
10-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I would highly recommend the Sixam II. It is a bit wider and therefore more stable than either the original Sixam or the current Sixam I. In addition, I would avoid purchasing one of the original Sixams (red/black). They tend to crack and fall apart. We've had 4 come apart in our area and I spoke to several individuals at Nationals that experienced the same. Most moved to the Sixam II. The Sixam I/II are completely different than the original Sixam. It is made in a "hard" aluminum mold that is different from the soft mold used for the original version. Andy Mapple took the original mold with him when he left O'Brien and I'm told, cut it in half to prevent anyone else from using it.