PDA

View Full Version : What is up with California???

bcampbe7
09-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Is the boating industry next?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/21/california.cars.reut/index.html

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
You mean Commiefornia????:rolleyes:

sanjuan23
09-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Only on the "Left" Coast:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 10:03 AM
^^^^^^ And thats why I have ZERO interest in living in Commiefornia..........:rolleyes:

Tom023
09-21-2006, 10:47 AM
My sister and her husband are both lawyers for the state of California in Sacramento. She is at least a crimminal prosecuting attorney, while he is an environmental lawyer. I sent her an email asking if this was "his" doing and why doesn't the state just step up and outlaw cars. I haven't heard back, oh well, I don't care much for him anyway.

bcampbe7
09-21-2006, 11:04 AM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme
He is def. in the right State!

I am all for picking up litter and keeping our waterways clean. I guess what struck a nerve with me is a story that someone posted on a Land Rover site that I am a member of.

The guy watched two guys come over to his Rover and spit on it. He came out of the store he was in and asked them what was going on and the two just went off on him. They said it was big dirty SUV's like his that were ruining the planet. One of the guys kicked his bumper and pushed him. The Land Rover owner, being a black belt in karate, defended himself and bloodied the guys up a bit.
The Rover owner would have gone to jail had it not been for numerous witnesses that saw the two other guys start the confrontation.

Anyone care to take a guess as to which State this occurred in???

I have heard other stories of these environmentalists vandalizing vehicles and such, as well as causing physical harm to someone because of the vehicle they drive. They are not the peace loving people that they are made out to be.

What if in the above scenario it was a MC, or any other boat for that matter, that these guys took offense to. Personally I think the Rover owner showed great restraint in not putting the two in the hospital.

88 PS190
09-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Its either
A. Something in the water that makes everyone paranoid about something in the water.

Or,
B. Something only known to the State of California to cause cancer.

sanjuan23
09-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Personally I would love to explain to those two that I need this large V8 Gas Guzzlin' 4x4 Truck to pull my V8 Powered Gas Guzzlin' Mastercraft that has no emission controls. Ya'll wanna go for a swim?:rolleyes: :) ;)

Monte
09-21-2006, 11:37 AM

I am all for picking up litter and keeping our waterways clean. I guess what struck a nerve with me is a story that someone posted on a Land Rover site that I am a member of.

The guy watched two guys come over to his Rover and spit on it. He came out of the store he was in and asked them what was going on and the two just went off on him. They said it was big dirty SUV's like his that were ruining the planet. One of the guys kicked his bumper and pushed him. The Land Rover owner, being a black belt in karate, defended himself and bloodied the guys up a bit.
The Rover owner would have gone to jail had it not been for numerous witnesses that saw the two other guys start the confrontation.

I have heard other stories of these environmentalists vandalizing vehicles and such, as well as causing physical harm to someone because of the vehicle they drive. They are not the peace loving people that they are made out to be.

What if in the above scenario it was a MC, or any other boat for that matter, that these guys took offense to. Personally I think the Rover owner showed great restraint in not putting the two in the hospital.

I'm not one to condone violence, but good for him!!! People like the ones that started that need to get a life, or be stripped of THEIR vehicles all together. I bet if they were stranded and needed a ride they wouldn't think twice about asking for a ride in a Semi, RR, or whaterver.... Reminds me of college, the neo hippie folks amazed me with some of their antics.. peace and love is what I thought that deal was all about.. outside of a few exceptions.. They had to be some of the rudest/ DIRTIEST people I've ever met!! I would give a detailed report as to why I feel this way, but its a real downer...:(

Granite_33
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM

I would like to invite them to my driveway where my X-9 is parked next to my Suburban...........let them yell at me......my golf clubs have not been used for a while and I would like to beat them to # 1 get some use out of the clubs, and #2 see if they bleed green blood.

My brother lives east of Sacramento. He got a chance to meet and talk to Ted Nugent a couple weeks back, who was out there receiving an award from the office of the conservation corps for protecting hunting and fishing rights. (Boy I bet the lefty wackos hate him!!) According to my bro, there is a very large contingent of NRA, and gun owners association supporters in CA. Apparently not enough to counter san fran wacko and Mexico City North though.

Boats may not be outlawed next.....but I guarantee that catalytic converters will become commonplace out there........especially of this idiotic lawsuit gains any ground. You can see the pressure coming.

I think that the automakers should counter sue the state of California for lack of a comprehensive public transportation system that causes everyone to have to use cars.

Granite_33
09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
I would give a detailed report as to why I feel this way, but its a real downer...:(

No need. I think we have all come across these people enough to know what you're talking about. Sad to say, I think everyones family has one or two these types......in the immediate circle or the in-law side.:o

Leroy
09-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I like the lawsuit, it is a tool to make the industry take seriously even more improvements in emissions. We are still suffering from lead and mercury not being controlled quicker, for example read about eating tuna and salmon.

This awareness to lower emissions has brought a 2 stroke that runs cleaner than 4 strokes, the level of emissions is so much lower than cars 30 years ago, even MC will have catalytic converter soon.

The nazi enviromentalist BC talks about are out of control and should be arrested...or just kick their a$$ on the spot ;)

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I like the lawsuit, it is a tool to make the industry take seriously even more improvements in emissions. We are still suffering from lead and mercury not being controlled quicker, for example read about eating tuna and salmon.

This awareness to lower emissions has brought a 2 stroke that runs cleaner than 4 strokes, the level of emissions is so much lower than cars 30 years ago, even MC will have catalytic converter soon.

The nazi enviromentalist BC talks about are out of control and should be arrested...or just kick their a$$ on the spot ;)

Leroy, could the fact that you are in Boulder this week have any impact on your statement??? :D

How much Granola have you had this week??

Granite_33
09-21-2006, 12:01 PM

Definitely agree with that. Seems to me like US automakers usually are forced by legislation on too many initiatives. Necessity is the mother of invention.........there is usually always a way.

Davo
09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I think that the automakers should counter sue the state of California for lack of a comprehensive public transportation system that causes everyone to have to use cars.
Ha - brilliant!

River Rat
09-21-2006, 12:17 PM

I agree

These are the same people that betch about not having enough electricity in the summer to power there multimillion dollar homes but try to build a power plant in there neighborhood and see what happens. They want you to build it in another state and pipe it it.

If you want the power then make it......... if you don't want the cars on your road then develop more public transportation:mad:

Leroy
09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey man, see you on the quad tonight for another jam session....

Mama's and Papa's "California Dreamin"
All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day

Why is the sky gray JR?????

Leroy, could the fact that you are in Boulder this week have any impact on your statement??? :D

How much Granola have you had this week??

Granite_33
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Ha - brilliant!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.:D

MYMC
09-21-2006, 01:33 PM
http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video_list_pop.asp
(sanity in an insane world)

When the last sane person leaves California please remember to turn off the lights.

NeilM
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video_list_pop.asp
(sanity in an insane world)

When the last sane person leaves California please remember to turn off the lights.

Which video? got the title & date?

jraben8
09-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Lets have the automakers shutdown their dealerships in CA and see how the public reacts then. Which group will be louder? The ones that want to keep their choices or the environmentalists?

RexDog1
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok Ok Ok

Now you guys have hit home, and I do need to keep you all-straight
On California ……………………………….but I can’t:mad:
You all hit the nail on the head; this place has plum gone crazy,:eek3:

Some of you know I am OUT OF HERE in the next year, selling my Company
Packing up the cars and boat and getting out of here as fast as I can!!!!!!!!!!
I have lived here all my life, it is not the same…………………………:rant:

All I need is a house and a lake, oh and good schools for the kids

MYMC I will get the lights when I leave :cool:

River Rat
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Seems like there are a few good things left over there:D When you leave please bring all these with you;)

MYMC
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Ok Ok Ok

Now you guys have hit home, and I do need to keep you all-straight
On California ……………………………….but I can’t:mad:
You all hit the nail on the head; this place has plum gone crazy,:eek3:

Some of you know I am OUT OF HERE in the next year, selling my Company
Packing up the cars and boat and getting out of here as fast as I can!!!!!!!!!!
I have lived here all my life, it is not the same…………………………:rant:

All I need is a house and a lake, oh and good schools for the kids

MYMC I will get the lights when I leave :cool:

NC will welcome you!

Granite_33
09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Lets have the automakers shutdown their dealerships in CA and see how the public reacts then. Which group will be louder? The ones that want to keep their choices or the environmentalists?

I would say that since there are more image conscious people out there.......the loud and clear would be the choice of "what car do I want to drive"......not "should I even drive a car"

MYMC
09-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Which video? got the title & date?
http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/video_disp.asp?videoid=1263

(a favorite)