PDA

View Full Version : Mark your calendars!

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Jan 1, 2007 @ 11am!!! The POA's polar bear club will be taking a swim in our lake and I'll be footin'!!! Erk is planning on coming down! Our water will be open. Make the trek down and do some footin with us!! :D

justinlkgb
09-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Where will this event take place? :eek:

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Where will this event take place? :eek:

Lawrenceburg, IN

www.hiddenvalley-lake.com

trickskier
09-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Lawrenceburg, IN

www.hiddenvalley-lakes.com

TOO COLD FOR THIS GATOR. Please send pics! :popcorn:

Tryin-again
09-20-2006, 04:31 PM
TOO COLD FOR THIS GATOR. Please send pics! :popcorn:

WHAT HE SAID!!!!:D

DITTO!!!

Besides that's still huntin' season......

Post picts - we'll toast you while we're sittin' in the heat...:toast:

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 04:56 PM
C'mon Peeps!!! Boats have heaters and hot water showers!!! I live 3 minutes from the water and am always stocked with plenty of Makers Mark to "warm you up" :D

atlfootr
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
TOO COLD FOR THIS GATOR. Please send pics! :popcorn:And for me too, you guy's can have that COLD COLD water temp!
I've been many a times to Lake Norman (Tega Cay) for their NEW YEAR'S DAY
Barefoot Tournaments -- way to COLD for this flordia boy :noface:

Another of the many reasons Y I moved SOUTH, to Winter Haven, Florida ..
BTW, I plan to burn my drysuit this comin'n Winter :)

BriEOD
09-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Jan 1, 2007 @ 11am!!! The POA's polar bear club will be taking a swim in our lake and I'll be footin'!!! Erk is planning on coming down! Our water will be open. Make the trek down and do some footin with us!! :D
Why don't you come down here and do that on my lake. It might be a tad bit warmer. 8p

erkoehler
09-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Jeff, thanks for making my plans for me:D Just to check, am I bringing a boat as well?

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Jeff, thanks for making my plans for me:D Just to check, am I bringing a boat as well?

Yep, we'll need it hopefully!!

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Why don't you come down here and do that on my lake. It might be a tad bit warmer. 8p

Probably! But I don't think I'll be in any mood to travel around that time. ;)

erkoehler
09-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Jeff, can I stay in the luxury suite, or is that already booked?

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Jeff, can I stay in the luxury suite, or is that already booked?

U bet! :D How many hours you think you'll have on that thang by the first of the year??

erkoehler
09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
U bet! :D How many hours you think you'll have on that thang by the first of the year??

Depends if it ever shows up:mad:

6ballsisall
09-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Erk empty your PM box dude............

erkoehler
09-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Sorry, its been a busy day :)

Trash Can (81)

JEREMY79
09-20-2006, 09:57 PM
C'mon Peeps!!! Boats have heaters and hot water showers!!! I live 3 minutes from the water and am always stocked with plenty of Makers Mark to "warm you up" :D

Sorry dude, too cold for me.

erkoehler
09-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Sorry dude, too cold for me.

Party at Jeff's house....why don't you come up Jeremy?

kbhtjc
09-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Can we bring friends? Our lake will still be lowered this Jan 1. We have 5 die hards in western IN.

JEREMY79
09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Party at Jeff's house....why don't you come up Jeremy?

I will think about it....but my arse will not be in the water on Jan. 1

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Can we bring friends? Our lake will still be lowered this Jan 1. We have 5 die hards in western IN.

Sure! The more the merrier!

Jeremy, get yer butt up here for it!! We'll get you out there on the board! :D Makers Mark and a good cigar will warm you right up!:D

jlf
09-21-2006, 08:55 AM
You say this is Jan 1st? Is this for a good cause or just a bunch of junkies that want to freeze their nads off? When they do that here in WI it is usually to benefit some charity. I'd think about it, but I am pretty sure the hubby will put the smack down on this one, we might be from WI but dang we still don't like the cold water.

bcampbe7
09-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on this one Jeff.
If the invite still stands next Summer, I may be knocking on your door.

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 08:57 AM
You say this is Jan 1st? Is this for a good cause or just a bunch of junkies that want to freeze their nads off? When they do that here in WI it is usually to benefit some charity. I'd think about it, but I am pretty sure the hubby will put the smack down on this one, we might be from WI but dang we still don't like the cold water.

As it stands it's just for fun but you bring up a good point. Perhaps I can work on the charity angle of the event. If we are going to freeze our nads off it might as well have some benefit to a charity! :D

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm gonna have to take a raincheck on this one Jeff.
If the invite still stands next Summer, I may be knocking on your door.

You and your fam are welcome anytime at my place Beau! ;)

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Mags???? We can count on you to be there right??????

RickDV
09-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the club Jeff! Our ski team has been doing this on January 1 for 25+ years. I have been with the team 3 years and this year will be my third time.

Here's some tips for you:
- Dry suits work best if you have one. Otherwise layer up with neoprene.
- Don't wear the booties if you are planning on footin. It'll chew them up and footin in booties is a bit squirrelly and harder to control.
- Don't forget to wear a hat and ski gloves.
- Check the water for floating ice chunks and other debris before footing. A chunk of ice into the foot at that temp can be pretty nasty.
- Have several coolers of warm (not hot) water to soak feet and hands after your run.
- If possible, a bonfire on shore (sheltered from the wind) is also a welcome way to warm up.
- Take a jump starter pack for the boat. The cold temps on the boat battery take a toll on them. Having a jump start pack handy could save the day.

You will find this fun and exhillerating! You will be hooked and want to go again next year.

Here's a link to our ski team's pictures from New Year's Day 2006.
http://www.wmwsa.org/photo16.html

Be sure to post your pictures!

RickDV

ntidsl
09-21-2006, 09:54 AM
drop a course in and I'll bring the 197 tt and get a set or 2 in...as long as I still have the boat I'l be sking any day the air temp is over 60 this winter jeff...come on down whenever you want so you dont get rusty over the winter...but you have to wear a ski to ski with me

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 09:59 AM
drop a course in and I'll bring the 197 tt and get a set or 2 in...as long as I still have the boat I'l be sking any day the air temp is over 60 this winter jeff...come on down whenever you want so you dont get rusty over the winter...but you have to wear a ski to ski with me

Over 60??? I guess you didn't ski yesterday then!! This weather sucks!! The trees are already changing colors.........:(

No can do on the course on HVL, I can throw out some milk jugs if you like? :D

BTW, ski's are over rated NT! :D

Careful, I might take you up on that course skiing. Since our's is thrashed I need somewhere to get my runs in.......:(

pilot02
09-21-2006, 10:01 AM

Do you EVER have WARM water??? :D :D :D

ntidsl
09-21-2006, 10:14 AM
our lake hit 92 for about a week in july...no coincident thats when i was skiing my best...

jrandol...come on down whenever...my body is trashed and i havent skied a course in 3 weeks but I'm game next week any day...mid day is good...i have to pick up my 3 year old at 3:30 every day though...my elbows are shot, i have a broken finger and a stress fracture in my lower leg....and no time for a doctor...lol....

Davo
09-21-2006, 10:44 AM
The old saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" comes to mind. I subscribe as well.....if I lived up there, I'd go!

Whatever you do, don't face plant while barefooting in that cold water or you might wake up the next day with your neck locked in whatever position it was in when you "fell asleep" hugging that bottle of Makers Mark. :D

trickskier
09-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey we had a cold front come through last night. It was 68 this morning. I almost went back inside to get a windbreaker! J/K LOL

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Mark your calendars folks!!! It will be a COOL event indeed. We know have a reason for the event. Details to come.........ALL proceeds/sponsorship funds collected for our craziness will be donated to the armed forces and their families.

erkoehler
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I am supposed to be snowmobiling, but we'll see :0

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I am supposed to be snowmobiling, but we'll see :0

U know you'd rather be footin.........;)