PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the 209 will be updated??

Diesel
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Okay, this boat is going on its 5th year without a major change. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of when they are going to redo the 209??

I am trying to decide if I want to order an 05 or wait a few years and see what the new boat looks like. I was in the same delima 10 years ago with my 95 205 and NOT waiting (for the 96) turned out to be an excellent decision.

I like the 05 model and it seems to be a farily solid boat. I am planning on keeping my new boat another 10 years and I am in no hurry to buy. I have no problem waiting a few years. I did tell myself when I bought my 205 that I was going to keep it 10 years and then get a new boat. I have throughly enjoyed my 205 and it has served me faithfully; so much so that I am having a hard time justifying trading up.

What to you guys think.........................

east tx skier
12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
If it were me, I'd go with a 197. Better wake for slalom (if that's your game). It'll have the same amount of bow room (if not a little more) as your 95 205 and it'll have a larger observer seat. Also, I'd go 2003 or 2004 unless a drive by wire throttle is something you simply must have. You'll save a considerable amount of cash that you can put toward other bells and whistles and won't take such a hit on depreciation. Finally, if you're going to finance it, you might want to go ahead and strike while the rates are low. If for some reason they go lower, you can always refinance for about $75, but it appears as if they're only going up at this point.

Diesel
12-01-2004, 04:49 PM
If it were me, I'd go with a 197. Better wake for slalom (if that's your game). It'll have the same amount of bow room (if not a little more) as your 95 205 and it'll have a larger observer seat. Also, I'd go 2003 or 2004 unless a drive by wire throttle is something you simply must have. You'll save a considerable amount of cash that you can put toward other bells and whistles and won't take such a hit on depreciation. Finally, if you're going to finance it, you might want to go ahead and strike while the rates are low. If for some reason they go lower, you can always refinance for about $75, but it appears as if they're only going up at this point.

Thanks for the reply ETS.

I looked hard at the 197 but at this stage in my life familly room far outweighs good wakes (you know what I am talking about since you own a 205)! In addition, my wife wants a V-Drive so the 209 was a good compromise for both parties. :D

east tx skier
12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
I would agree that the 209 is a good compromise over the v-drive (assuming you do primarily slalom skiing). You know the drill, ski behind everything before you lay down the cash. I can't imagine you'll have much trouble selling that 205.

Mag_Red
12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply ETS.

I looked hard at the 197 but at this stage in my life familly room far outweighs good wakes (you know what I am talking about since you own a 205)! In addition, my wife wants a V-Drive so the 209 was a good compromise for both parties. :D I'm very happy with mine and as you can see...........it has plenty of room for the entire damned family!!! :eek3: