PDA

View Full Version : Pink RV Anti-Freeze/Will Stain Carpet??

vogelm1
09-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I just ran some pink anti-freeze through the ballast system on my 197 and spilled a couple cups on the grey carpet. Tried to dillute best as I could and mop up with dry towels. Anyone know if there are issues with this stuff vs. carpet? Thanks if any has advice -

6ballsisall
09-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I'd have to believe that it could/would. Good thinking about dilluting it down. I'd recommend getting out there and extracting it all......

vogelm1
09-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks jrandol - kinda figured that would be the case. I've got a bunch of towels on it now, and have been walking on them 'sponging' up the diluted mess. Probaby will find out tomorrow when it drys, if I missed anything.

jimmer2880
09-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Unfortunately, I've spilled some on mine just about every year I winterize my boat. On my light-grey carpet, I haven't noticed any staining.

Now for the threadjack... why is grey also spelled gray?

TMCNo1
09-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, I've spilled some on mine just about every year I winterize my boat. On my light-grey carpet, I haven't noticed any staining.

Now for the threadjack... why is grey also spelled gray?

I was told, grey was British spelling, gray was the American version. Anyone else got a idea why?

Workin' 4 Toys
09-20-2006, 11:30 AM
It would probably be worth the effort to wash it the best you can with at least water. I would think the remaining pink that "dries" would be "sticky" in spring, therefore creating a stain.

sizzler
09-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I was told, grey was British spelling, gray was the American version. Anyone else got a idea why?
grey is how it is spelt.........nuff said

Workin' 4 Toys
09-20-2006, 11:36 AM
grey is how it is spelt.........nuff said
Tea anyone.......:rolleyes:

jimmer2880
09-21-2006, 05:55 AM
It would probably be worth the effort to wash it the best you can with at least water. I would think the remaining pink that "dries" would be "sticky" in spring, therefore creating a stain.

Good point. Every time I do spill some, the carpet gets soaked from the hose being connected/disconnected.

JohnnyB
09-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Spilled on my carpet without staining....still un-nerving and I try not to do so and usually rinse and dry as a precaution...