PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Prostar fuel Gauge

helilogistics
09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm in desperate need of a fuel gauge for a '99 190. Apparently it is NLA thru Mastercraft and I've called a bunch of dealers with no success. It is a 2" black bezel with the fake black carbon fibre background. If anyone can help I would be very gratefull...Thanks!

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Seems they have a 2 3/8" guage at Overtons (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=24020&fcat=2C5). I know it doesn't say MC on it, but other than that, you might just want to keep an eye on ebay. You might also check the parts catalog at www.mymastercraft.com just to be sure an OEM guage isn't available.

helilogistics
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...I have tried Ebay with no luck so far. I'm probably too fussy as I would like to keep the boat all original...I guess patience is required...thanks again... Gord

BrianM
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Keep calling dealers throughout the country. Have you tried Rambo Marine? They seem to have lots of older parts.

I had to replace the Temp gauge in my '97. After calling about 20 dealers around the country I finally found one in California that still had one on the shelf. I would imagine there is one out there you just have to hunt it down.

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...I have tried Ebay with no luck so far. I'm probably too fussy as I would like to keep the boat all original...I guess patience is required...thanks again... Gord

Then BrianM's route is the way to go. Lex at Rambo has been known to work miracles.