PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Jobe skis?

Davo
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Specifically, the Jobe Assault. Does anyone have an opinion on this ski and what ski in the HO line-up does it compare to the most?

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Not sure about the assault, but the Jobe Edge (no longer made) was actually the same mold as the CDX. I guess Jobe is now Jobe/Radar. Not sure how much carried over from Jobe.

Davo
09-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Here is what Jobe says about it:

The Assault is a further enhanced model of the Baron. The ski combines the technically designed bevels, rocker pattern and thinner tail profile along with a zoned flex pattern. We have increased rigidity in the tip of the ski as well as through the mid section and added some stability to the tail flex. We have added our new and innovative ultra lock fin system. These inbuilt features propel this ski into the performance range. You will not find a ski on the market that has the features and ultimate performance of this ski in a comparative range. With our developments and enthusiasm to exceed we are raising the bar and producing true performance skis for the mid range market. This ski will allow you to put up a wall of water or let you rip through a tighter slalom course.

SKI STYLE: Performance Plus

Skill Level: Intermediate thru Competition

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
If Jobe and Radar are now the same place, I'd email Eddie Roberts about it. He was exceptional as far as HO's customer service went. If you go to the Nicholl's Forum (http://waterski.nicholls.edu/waterski/) and do a search for Eddie Roberts, there should be a hotmail address posted for him.

Davo
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the lead, ETS. I'm having a hard time navigating that Nichols site and I didn't see Eddie listed in "user profiles"...there was a thread someone started asking him a question, but I could only see the original post in any thread and not any of the responses.

The Jobe skis look sweet...I may go down to Performance at lunch and check 'em out.

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 12:50 PM
The search feature on there can be a little weird. You have click the results, then read through the entire thread in the bottom frame.

eddieskiroberts@hotmail.com

88 PS190
09-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I haven't seen a jobe ski in years until the jobe/radar mpd came out.

east tx skier
09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This is the one that, according to my conversation with HO a year or so back "is the same ski" as the CDX. Not sure about the ski pictured, but for a short period of time some time after 2002, Jobe kept making a ski from the HO mold (of course, HO would still make it for Wileys up until recently).

http://img.2dehands.nl/f/normal/12151338.jpg

atlfootr
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Opinion's on Jobe SkisHave NONE ...
I use this brand :D

Davo
09-20-2006, 01:24 PM
8p ^ very funny....actually, I need a barefoot suit as well. :rolleyes:

ETS - Eddie returned my e-mail and said that "the Senate is our version of the Assault". I guess by "our" he means HO? I couldn't find any info on the "Senate".