PDA

View Full Version : Wooohoooo! Duck season is here!

Mikey
09-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I hunted all last weekend and shot 1 teal other than that I didnt see much. I guess the weather is still just a little too warm. Any other hunters having any luck?

P-Rod
09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Our season in California doesn't start until October 21st. This allows me to continue skiing until then. At that point, I will retire the boat for the winter and focus the next three months to Duck & Goose Hunting. I'm looking forward to this season as my son past his hunters education coarse and has purchased his first hunting license. He has been going since he was six and now he finally gets to hunt this season.

88 PS190
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
prolly won't get to waterfoul this year, and just do upland stuff.

eltesoro
09-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Our season is just a couple of days away, but we do not have near the birds you all do. Most of ours you can call to the boat with a loaf of bread.

east tx skier
09-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Wabbit season!

beef
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Good luck to all. Not necessarily good news for us, though. There's a couple of state duck blind spots adjacent to where our slalom course is located. Hunter's seem to get real ticked off when we ski in the early hours of Saturday. Got a shot fired over our heads once. :mad:

TMCNo1
09-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Wabbit season!

Dat quacks me up, Doug!:rolleyes: :D :eek:

east tx skier
09-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Dat quacks me up, Doug!:rolleyes: :D :eek:

Nice, Harold!

JohnnyB
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
WI youth hunt was this weekend. I ran the video cam between two blinds....each blind contained a buddy of mine and their 12 yr old new hunter and a retriever. We saw many large flocks of ducks....should be a good opener on Sept 30th. It'll also be the 1st time out for my 9mo old black lab.

Mikey
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Good luck to all. Not necessarily good news for us, though. There's a couple of state duck blind spots adjacent to where our slalom course is located. Hunter's seem to get real ticked off when we ski in the early hours of Saturday. Got a shot fired over our heads once. :mad:

I hunt in a spot that I can see ski/wakeboarders. The ducks here dont seem to mind that much. Last year I had a group of ducks come in and I started shooting at them. I went to pick the ducks up and a ski boat pulled up to me and started yelling at me because he thought I was shooting at him. I explained to him that I was shooting at ducks in the opposite direction of where he was. As a fellow ski/wakeboarder it doesnt upset me when the occasional skier comes by when Im hunting because I know how it is to find "good water" and if I dont like it I can just move somewhere that isnt a good ski spot to conduct my hunting.

Mikey
09-18-2006, 02:32 PM
WI youth hunt was this weekend. I ran the video cam between two blinds....each blind contained a buddy of mine and their 12 yr old new hunter and a retriever. We saw many large flocks of ducks....should be a good opener on Sept 30th. It'll also be the 1st time out for my 9mo old black lab.

Thats great to hear that you guys are getting kids into the sport. I cant wait to get my 7 year old daughter out there with me. She is showing alot of interest in it, she watches videos with me and she actully helps me clean the ducks when I bring them home. Once I get a decent blind or a good comfortable spot to hunt I am going to let her tag along with me on a hunt once in a while to see what its all about.

beef
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
I hunt in a spot that I can see ski/wakeboarders. The ducks here dont seem to mind that much. Last year I had a group of ducks come in and I started shooting at them. I went to pick the ducks up and a ski boat pulled up to me and started yelling at me because he thought I was shooting at him. I explained to him that I was shooting at ducks in the opposite direction of where he was. As a fellow ski/wakeboarder it doesnt upset me when the occasional skier comes by when Im hunting because I know how it is to find "good water" and if I dont like it I can just move somewhere that isnt a good ski spot to conduct my hunting.

Mikey, I wish you hunted near our course - you sound a lot more level headed. The hunters I referred to were very obviously trying to scare us away. They even came over to tear us a new one after we continued to ski. We apologized for having ruined their morning (they did have guns, afterall) and they went home. We now usually wait a little longer to go out on Saturdays this time of year!