PDA

View Full Version : What Tower Should I get? New Dimension, XTP, or Zero-Flex

beatle78
09-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,

I'm look for some opinions on towers. Which one should I get for my boat?

'01 205V (soon to become X-Star/X-2/X-1 :D )

1. New Dimsion Towers http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/home.html

2. XTP http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_towers/xtp_mastercraft_wakeboard_tower

3. I guess I would have to order an '07 zero flex if I wanted that tower. Anybody have pics of them? I heard MC changed the 2 piece tower into one that can be broken down in many pieces for easy shipping..... hmmm, I'm a little leary about that one.

hmmmmmm :huh:

thanks,
beatle78

ontrider
09-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I've been looking into the exact same thing as you for my 205 (minus the zero flex option) After comparing prices and talking to both places, I'm going with New Dimensions no doubt. I've heard nothing but good things from customers and so far they've seemed responsive and helpful with my questions. Price is best as well. I was totally unimpressed with my initial inquiries to XTP to the point I don't even want to deal with them.

CHaus21
09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
New Dimension for sure. I've had one on for over a year, and have been very happy with it thus far. Looks just like the original zero flex towers - As it should b/c the owner of the company designed the original zero flex tower for MC.

TPG-2000
09-17-2006, 12:07 PM
If I were to do it again I would buy a titan tower, the new dimension towers will give you the oem look but they do flex, where as the titans that I have seen are rock solid. This is just my opinion, and most people are probably fine with some side to side flexing.

good luck,
Tom

ontrider
09-17-2006, 12:59 PM
I would want it to match my boat though as well as possible. I'm not a fan of a lot of the aftermarket towers on MC's. Some look good, some okay, and some look like crap... so personally I want something designed for the boat.

Kell
09-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Installed a XTP tower earlier this summer for a 99 Maristar 210 VRS. At the time wakeside.com had a sale and free shipping so it was a better deal at the time than the NDT. In addition to the savings, I earned wakeside.com reward points which I used to buy my wife a Hyperlite wakeboard. I was told that XTP made the Zero flex towers at some point in time but I don't know if that is still the case. It my understanding that XTP acquired the OEM company that made the Zero Flex Flyer towers and then the owner started NDT towers for aftermarket boats several years back. Overall I have had no issues with the XTP thus far. I did have some install issues in that the SS bolts they sent were not the same thread as the nylon lock nuts, but XTP sent new bolts 2nd day FedEx. I also glassed in some backing plates which tood some time to do. After wakeside place the order I had the tower delivered to my house in 10 days. The wakeboard racks for the XTP are the lease expensive that I could find.

Ric
09-17-2006, 04:55 PM
New Dimension for sure. I've had one on for over a year, and have been very happy with it thus far. Looks just like the original zero flex towers - As it should b/c the owner of the company designed the original zero flex tower for MC. Good to hear that so many are happy with the ND towers but I must chime in here... The ND tower does not look just like the zeroflex tower.. Nor do the accessories.. There is are enough differences in the look of the two that I went OEM Zeroflex on mine. I'm sure either of them would do the job for you

ontrider
09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Can you point out these differences... because I haven't been able to find anything significant myself and was curious about that before.

beatle78
09-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

KELL, did the XTP tower come with the backing plates and THOROUGH install directions for the whole process?

How is the difference in fles with the ND, XTP, and Zero Flex?

That XTP looks SHARP KELL!!!

Ric
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Can you point out these differences... because I haven't been able to find anything significant myself and was curious about that before.
Look closely at the side panels where the board racks mount. That is the main obvious difference btwn the nd and the zf that can be spotted
the accessories for the nd are not nearly as nice as the ones for the zeroflex.
(There are subtle differences like the braces and welds but I cannot say that one is of lesser strength than the other)

these things may be fluff to some and therefore, from a utilitarian approach, the nd is -as good- or -just the same-.

from a perspective of ease and confidence of board mounting, the zeroflex accessories are superior

again, if appearance isn't critical to you , the added price of the zeroflex may not be of value to you

mess33
09-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Has anyone tried the samsonsport tower?

Mess

beatle78
09-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Well, appearance is important, but I'm aiming for the most efficient price/quality/appearance balance I can find.

I have a Malibu Repsonse for sale and it has a Monster tower and I don't care for the looks. I'de rather spend $2000 on a better lookin' tower then $1200 on that one.

Anyone know the ballpark price for the Zero Flex?

The XTP is ~$2,200 and the ND is ~$2,000. (w/o accessories)

It sounds like XTP and Zero Flex may be better than the ND tower.

If that's the conclusion, then what are the differences between the XTP and zero-flex? The XTP looks sharp to me.

thanks,
beatle78

ontrider
09-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Does anyone have a high res photo of the New Dimension tower on their boat? I'd appreciate seeing that if anyone does. Or even the XTP as well for comparison.

sburt911z
09-19-2006, 03:16 AM
Went down this road last fall myself. Decided on factory zero flex tower because you can use the factory racks which are far better than any other racks on the market. Paid a couple hundred more for the factory tower but felt the extra couple hundred bucks bought me peace of mind with it being OEM and better resale down the road. All 3 are great just gotta pick what suits your tastes, needs and wallet.

sb

beatle78
09-19-2006, 11:39 AM
thanks sburt....

How much was the zero flex and how much for the install?

SteveO
09-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Check with your local dealer on the OEM zeroflex. The clamping board racks alone on the 04 and newer models are awesome.

Archimedes
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
The clamping board racks alone on the 04 and newer models are awesome.

Yes they are. And incredibly expensive. I just put two on my boat and I've been trying to find my left nut ever since.

They are awesome though.

mx21
09-19-2006, 10:33 PM
No problem with my ND - perfect fit.

ND w/ board racks - $2800

OEM X-30 tower (bare) - $5800

Kind of a no brainer..... at least for my old boat.

beatle78
09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
WOW, that's a HUGE difference in price.....

MX21, how's the ND tower as far as flex goes?

ctkiteboarding
09-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Has anyone tried the samsonsport tower?

Mess
yes, scott has a great product ,here are two he sent me for my 1998 powerstar and a shot of my barefoot 200 i changed the placement of the ski rack looked ****tyyy up top

Gaviao
09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Installed a XTP tower earlier this summer for a 99 Maristar 210 VRS. At the time wakeside.com had a sale and free shipping so it was a better deal at the time than the NDT. In addition to the savings, I earned wakeside.com reward points which I used to buy my wife a Hyperlite wakeboard. I was told that XTP made the Zero flex towers at some point in time but I don't know if that is still the case. It my understanding that XTP acquired the OEM company that made the Zero Flex Flyer towers and then the owner started NDT towers for aftermarket boats several years back. Overall I have had no issues with the XTP thus far. I did have some install issues in that the SS bolts they sent were not the same thread as the nylon lock nuts, but XTP sent new bolts 2nd day FedEx. I also glassed in some backing plates which tood some time to do. After wakeside place the order I had the tower delivered to my house in 10 days. The wakeboard racks for the XTP are the lease expensive that I could find.
Based on the picture of your XTP, I am inclined to agree that they make the ZeroFlex as well. It looks exactly like the OEM ZeroFlex on my 2002 X7.

46Chief
08-13-2012, 02:53 AM
I've seen em side by side on nearly identical boats and doubt there is any difference in stiffness and quality, I'll try and get pics next time I get to the lake to ride.

carlsonwa
08-13-2012, 03:16 PM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/IMG_0714.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/IMG_0203.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/IMG_3206.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww238/wayne_carlson/tower003.jpg