PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions...

1998VRS225
09-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I have a 1998 VR225 that will not start. The engine with turn over but never fire. I have traced the problem to the lack of the signal to energize the fuel pump relay from J2-9 on the ECM. At first I thought that the ECM was bad but it checked good when swapped with another unit at a local dealer. Next I started checking the inputs to the ECM. I have 12V at J1-11, J1-16, and J1-32 and good grounds on J1-14 and J1-30 but that exhausts what little information that I have on the ECM. So...

1. Does anyone have any more diagnostic suggesitons?

2. Is there an online (or other) source for a shop manual that would give some detailed information about the boat?

bigmac
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a 1998 VR225 that will not start. The engine with turn over but never fire. I have traced the problem to the lack of the signal to energize the fuel pump relay from J2-9 on the ECM. At first I thought that the ECM was bad but it checked good when swapped with another unit at a local dealer. Next I started checking the inputs to the ECM. I have 12V at J1-11, J1-16, and J1-32 and good grounds on J1-14 and J1-30 but that exhausts what little information that I have on the ECM. So...

1. Does anyone have any more diagnostic suggesitons?

2. Is there an online (or other) source for a shop manual that would give some detailed information about the boat?

No shop manuals specific to MasterCraft:mad:

Just a thought, but I'd check the safety lanyard, maybe try bypassing it. Also, does your boat have a circuit breaker hidden in the engine compartment somewhere?