PDA

View Full Version : slalom handle

softailcowboy
09-15-2006, 06:17 PM
i'm in the market for a new slalom handle and wonder what handle to get. I've been using a tractor handle that had a good rubber grip but it's wore out. what handle do competion skiers use? I also had a straightlinr handle that was formed or bent for your hands so your hands always went to the same spot. But I haven't used another handle other than these 2 in the last 5 years?

east tx skier
09-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Most of the hardcore guys on the Nicholls forum swear by Brenda at In Tow's (http://www.jlbmfg.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html) work. I had a tractor grip and it hurt my hand. I'm using a small diameter (.88) 12" straight handle from Masterline and love it. Ran me about $37.

rodltg2
09-15-2006, 06:47 PM
in tow, is done for now i believe.... but masterlines are very simalr

east tx skier
09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Not quite yet. From Brenda's website:

Hi to my wonderful customers! It has been another trying year waiting for my molded rubber core bars which finally were really and truly going to arrive in New Mexico by the second week of August. Unfortunately, this handle inventory was financially far to much for me to endure since this season is now 3/4 of the way over. This and other issues have made me consider quitting which is the direction I am heading; but you my loyal customers are cheering me on and I cannot ignore your cheers. I am leaving the door open and will continue selling and see what financial position I am in at the first of the year. I always bring in enough rope to get me through the beginning of the next year so I anticipate still being in business at least until April or May. I will keep you posted on my webpage.

Brent
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Masterline Custom's

www.masterlineusa.com/s.nl;jsessionid=ac112b1f1f432062c4327e7c4fe082dcd4 840ecf4fa6.e3eTaxiNaN0Te38KchmPbx8Qax50n6jAmljGr5X DqQLvpAe?sc=8&category=2

cwright
09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I've been happy with the straighline radiused, eleptical shaped, tractor grip. It's hard to find though. so it pays to shop on-line. The tractor grips wear off though. My latest one was radiused, but no tractor and no eliptical (could not find one), so I went round with no tractor grip. Actually didn't notice much difference.

Standing at the dock at a pro-tour event I noticed that none of the pros use a radiused handle. I figure thats a competition thing, measuring rope length etc.

countymountie
09-17-2006, 12:05 AM
I like my Straightline TLS pro with a straight bar.

Davo
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
What about handle length? Any opinions on 12" versus 13"?

east tx skier
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I've gone to 12" after using 13" for a while. Really just a matter of preference though.

6 balls
10-02-2006, 05:12 PM
from what i have experienced..... STRAIGTHLINE SUCKS!!! i have had nearly half a dozen of their handles in the past year and every one of them have either broken, bent, or had the grip tear right off. although i do have to say every time i have an issue they just send me annother. i have had a accurate for a whole season now and absolutly love it. if you look at the inside of a straight line and a accurate you will notice a huge difference in how they are built. on the inside of a straightline the bar is hallow and it only has a 1/16 of a inch of rubber so once it starts to wear it ripps right off and you now are trying to grip bare metal. the inside of an accurate there is a solid metal bar and 2 layers of rubber giving you nearly a 1/4 inch of rubber all the way around.