PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage

Flatwaterfooter
09-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Its that time of year to start thinking about boat storage. It has never been an issue in the past. I always was able to keep the boat in my parents garage. Well they thought it would be a good idea to sell their house without considering where I would keep the boat. I was thinking of getting a portable garage for storing it. Any use them and have any thoughts regarding.

M-Funf
09-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I use one that I bought from Costco. It cost $150 and lasted just under two years. The only bad part was that it only had a cover (wall) on one end, but maybe there's an accessory end you could buy.

For something more permanent, you should consider a metal shed type cover. It will last for years, but cost quite a bit more.

This is it...just behind my MC...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid190/pac227355278a08fb2accd486cfa1baf9/f1fed99e.jpg

Tryin-again
09-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I got a small lot... garage connected to the side of the house.

I kicked out the back wall of the garage and put another garage door ( drive -thru..) It's in the back so the city/ neighborhood asso. cannot bi$^h...

Then I built a rock pad with a shed roof..... Yea, it isn't fully enclosed but during the winter I can use it to cover the boat and during summer I can use it for a covered BBQ/sitting/drinking porch..... :toast:

By the way - I didn't own the boat when I did this - So I bought the boat to fit.... It will only handle up to a 197 sized boat so any females in the future won't be able to make me buy some Baylin@#. scratch that I can't bash boats here...:D