PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard at Lake Perris

Big X-Star
11-28-2004, 09:35 PM
We live in north county, San Diego, and usually wakeboard at San Vicente. Now that the summer program is over and no water contact is allowed on sundays, we are looking to wakeboard thru the winter months. Anyone have any input on the conditions at Lake Perris?

Mag_Red
11-28-2004, 09:56 PM
No water contact is allowed??????? What is that some crazy California regulation??? What if you need to take a shower???? :confused:

Big X-Star
11-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Ha Ha. They just dont allow waterskiing or wakeboarding in the winter at San Vicente lake an the weekends.

Mag_Red
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Ha Ha. They just dont allow waterskiing or wakeboarding in the winter at San Vicente lake an the weekends.But why???? What's the reasoning????

Big X-Star
11-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Lake San Vicente has a summer program where you can wakeboard and waterski and tube thurs thru sundays, but only fishing is allowed on thurs and fri in the summer months. Then in the winter months fishng
is allowed thurs thru sunday and watersports only allowed on thurs and fri. I guess its to keep the fisherman from rippin the heads off of the owners of the boats who throw those monster wakes there way.. LOL.
I would we one of those guys.. LOL. Also they assume most people dont go in the water in the winter, even thoough this is SO Cal.

tex
11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
how far away is Mission Bay? i remember great early morning footing!

Big X-Star
12-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Great conditions in the morning at mission bay , buts its salt water.
No salt water for our boat. Just cant do it.

tex
12-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Great conditions in the morning at mission bay , buts its salt water.
No salt water for our boat. Just cant do it.

i understand! I was not my boat. I was glad to have somebody else's SN to abuse!

sfitzgerald351
12-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Tex,

Did you ski at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center? I used to teach there while I was in school and they got 4 new SN's every year or so. The water was great and usually flat and lots of coves to duck into to get away from traffic. After a day of teaching though I would be coated in salt and want nothing better than a long shower!

tex
12-02-2004, 12:29 PM
No, I sked at Sea World in 91-92. Nothing worse then hanging a toe in salt water. You come up seeing stars and have the wonderful taste of salt water in your mouth!

sfitzgerald351
12-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Yeah, we always liked taking the girls from SD State in their skimpy bikinis on a tube ride at the end of the day. Once they got dumped they certainly got rid of that 'not so fresh feeling' in a BIG way... :eek:

Mattercraft
12-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I was there last month. It was excellent. Check out my post "First on the lake".
We went twice. The first time the wind picked up around noon, but the second time there was butter all day. The water might be cold now since it has been so cold here lately. Yes, it does get cold down here too. We've consistently been in the 30's at night for the past two weeks.
But Perris is a good lake. Best to go midweek because the lake is small and it can get busy, but you probably won't have to deal with it now.