PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe vs Suburban

cwright
09-11-2006, 12:10 PM
I've been an owner of different Suburbans for 18 years. I'm thinking of selling and buying again, but am giving thought to the Tahoe, as kids have all grown up and it is rare when I need all the room. When I look in the back of a Tahoe, I'm just not sure about that reduced space. Has anyone made the switch from Sub to Tahoe and been happy? or lived to regret it?

Maristar210
09-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I've owned a Suburban and I just today ordered a 2007 Yukon Denali. The difference in room is okay with the gain in maneuverability. The new ones (both) turn way better than the 97 Sub I used to own.

Good Luck

T Scott
09-11-2006, 12:24 PM
IMO unless you are concerned about parking (A tahoe would fit in the garage vs. Suburbans rarely do) I would opt for the bigger vehicle. The gas mileage is relatively the same. As my momma always says...."Better to have and not need than to need and not have...." Go for the big one!!

tones03
09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
If you do not have your 3rd row in, the Tahoe is much better, if you do have it in and use it, you can fit a couple grocery bags back there and that is about it.

billr
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I went from a Suburban to a Yukon last year and have been very pleased. I took the third seat out completely because it won't fold down flat. The dog (chocolate lab) doesn't like it because the rear windows don't go all the way down. He just has to suffer. Bill

bdecker
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM
I've got an 06 Denali and wish I'd gone with the longer version. Gas mileage is about the same, and although I rarely use my third seat, it's pretty painful when we need it. I keep mine in the flipped up position 90% of the time, although I guess I'll just take them out eventually. Finally, the longer XL handles better on the highway, at least for the old body style. Bought the short one due to a small garage...

trickskier
09-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I have a Suburban and A Tahoe. I prefer to pull with the Tahoe bacause of the shorter wheelbase. If you get the 3rd row seating, they can easily be removed if you need additional storage space. Good luck on you decision.

jbfootin
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
If you rarely need the 3rd row, get the Tahoe, if you do use the 3rd row get the suburban. I have 3 children, so I use the 3rd row and I have very little space to haul stuff. Thank goodness the 3rd row is a 50/50 split, so I can remove half of it and have some room to put groceries and luggage.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
One of my buddie's Suburban just turned 325,000 miles recently. No plans on getting rid of it anytime soon I'd guess....:steering:

Our Yukon does get alittle tight when we fill it up with people. We've had 9 in it not too long ago. So I took the hitch mounted rack along for the ride to hold the "stuff". I guess its good I had one, since I've only needed it that one time.....:rolleyes:

I am NOT sorry I didn't get the XL.

milkmania
09-12-2006, 12:28 AM
currently have 3 suburbans....
93 K2500 279,000 miles
95 K1500 140,000 miles
97 K1500 <100,000 miles
I guess I like the odd years:rolleyes:
either way, no payments, no full coverage insurance:headbang:

but any way, back to the original question.... I haven't gone to the Tahoe, but that 07 looks danged nice!:love:

I think I would be really happy with quad seating, it elimates one person's seat, but the mobility from 2nd. to 3rd. seat would be increased

http://www.bhammonster.com/pop.jpg

LakePirate
09-12-2006, 12:43 AM
currently have 3 suburbans....
93 K2500 279,000 miles
95 K1500 140,000 miles
97 K1500 <100,000 miles
I guess I like the odd years:rolleyes:
either way, no payments, no full coverage insurance:headbang:

but any way, back to the original question.... I haven't gone to the Tahoe, but that 07 looks danged nice!:love:

I think I would be really happy with quad seating, it elimates one person's seat, but the mobility from 2nd. to 3rd. seat would be increased

http://www.bisonium.com/blog/images/popup_ext_gallery02.jpg

Yo Milk, why you stealin bandwith?

Perhaps we should all set up continuous pings to their server, see what they think about that.

fletch_n_me
09-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey, our company cars are the new Tahoes coming from last years. I just have to say that the new ones are a huge step from the 2004s. Don't know if this helps but they are significantly better than the 04s and 03s before them. Much tighter but still very comfy and there is no "chevy squeak." Seriously, we are all raving about them as opposed to the old ones. I have 2 family members that have bought new ones based on driving my company car; one from a Toyota Sequoia and one from a Suburban. - Cheers - J

milkmania
09-12-2006, 02:03 AM
Yo Milk, why you stealin bandwith?

Perhaps we should all set up continuous pings to their server, see what they think about that.

fixed it:(

lol, I guess the image was in my cache settings, because it showed the tahoe and not the hamburgler

erkoehler
09-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Up awful late tonight Milk :cool:

milkmania
09-12-2006, 02:11 AM
Up awful late tonight Milk :cool:

man, I'm here everynight till after 5:00 am..........

you're the one that's up late!
you off work today?

erkoehler
09-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Nope, not off work....sending out follow up emails so I can get out of the shop this weekend!:D

mrG
09-12-2006, 06:47 AM
If your're going pre-owned, don't count out the Ford Excursion. Take out the third row and it's like having a F250 Super Cab with a covered bed. I have owned several Suburbans and this is the nicest SUV I have ever had. It also gets the best mileage 17/20 (6.0 diesel) of any truck I've owned. They are big. But, if you need the room and towing power....

BrianM
09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I say go with another Sub. More space and all of that but I think the proportions just look better.

And you will be very impressed with the new GMT 900. Much improved quality, fit and finish.

dapicatti
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
We went with the 07 Denali, love it. It's like the boat isn't even behind us when we go up hills. We frequently pull steep grades- every weekend to get to our favorite water. We always have at least 6 in the Denali, plenty of room for everyone. We don't have kids, so don't need the extra room of the XL. I can see needing it if you frequently had lots of kids and gear etc with you. Good luck!:D