PDA

View Full Version : Hoses to exhaust headers

cwright
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
I noticed yesterday that my drivers side hose to the exhaust header has lost it's shape (collapsed) on the 90 degree bend and I'm assuming this will is restricit flow. Wanting to replace this I'm wondering, are these hoses preformed with the 90, or just straight hoses bent? Also, sources? is it 1.25"

jimmer2880
09-12-2006, 07:42 AM
the 1.25" - is that the Outside diameter? If it's the hose that comes from the Thermostat housing into the Exhaust riser, there should be a 90 deg fitting on the riser so that the hose is mostly straight.

If you can take a pic, that would help.

cwright
09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
In studying members pics, I've seen the fitting you mention, but about 50% have a straight in with a bent hose. Some hoses say MC on them? Checked my hose hose last night and it says 1.25 on it. Wondering if they are a preformed hose from MC, or just staight hose sold by the foot?

TMCNo1
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
www.skidim.com has all types of hoses, sold by the piece or by the foot, depending on the application. Talk to Vince or Richard @1-803-345-0996 and they can guide you to the right stuff you need!

cwright
09-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks TMCNo1. I just spoke with Richard and he gave me the specs, 1" hard wall water hose, not preformed, just bent. FI collapsing happens again, I can convert to a 90 degree brass fitting in front of manifold that allows for more of a straight hose run. I think my problem is that this hose was replaced with non hard wall, and the wall fatigued over time.

Thanks again for the lead, Richard was a big help.

TMCNo1
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks TMCNo1. I just spoke with Richard and he gave me the specs, 1" hard wall water hose, not preformed, just bent. FI collapsing happens again, I can convert to a 90 degree brass fitting in front of manifold that allows for more of a straight hose run. I think my problem is that this hose was replaced with non hard wall, and the wall fatigued over time.

Thanks again for the lead, Richard was a big help.

Anytime, I try to help if possible.:D