PDA

View Full Version : Launch Pad Ballast Bag caps.

h20winn
09-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Hello. Does anyone know where I can get replacement caps for the Launch Pad ballasts. I need the black cap and well as the plug that goes under the black cap. I need to get three of both. Can someone tell me price as well as where I can get them. Thanks

etakk7
09-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I can speak for the Fly High Fat Sac caps if it does any good at all. I don't know where to find the plugs, but if you go to WalMart there are a couple of decent matches for the cap. I have used the Bar Brand Engine Leak Sealer bottle cap (price $1.97) and I have also heard that the small Gatorade (8 or 12 oz I think) caps work. If you use waterbed attachments to fill, then the caps would be the same for your brand fat sac.

erkoehler
09-11-2006, 01:11 AM
I think we have those in stock, I'll double check in the AM and post up my finds.

H20skeefreek
09-11-2006, 08:48 AM
the Skylon Launch Pad's do infact use waterbed fittings.

h20winn
09-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Thanks everyone... Erk let me know the price. I have found the waterbed plugs and caps but it seems like $5-$9 seems a little steep for pieces of plastic. But if that is the going rate I guess I will have no choice.

h20winn
09-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Well I got some.. but the caps that I got had some issues. The lip on the ballast of the fill plug are wider than the cap so the cap does not screw in unless I cut the cap shorter or cut the lip of the ballast bag fill nipple. Also, another mistake was that it has four fill ports instead of three... for some reason I thought there were only three. Got to get another one and modify it so it fits correctly.