PDA

View Full Version : Launch Pad Sofa

Karsken
11-26-2004, 09:46 AM
Hello, Im new on the forum!
I have youst baught a MC PS 190, 86mod. :cool:
Have not had the pleasure to ride behind it yet, but I am looking much forward to it.
I only Wakeboard so I want to make it as perfect as possible to that purpose.
I have plans to add some weight, a 1200lbs(545kg) sofa in the rear and an additional 400lbs(185kg) in front. Is this to mutch?? :rolleyes:
What kind of propellar would be good for me?
Thanks for any tips :D

6ballsisall
11-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I have a 660 lbs bag and a set of 440 lbs bags for sale. Have same year boat as you and it makes a huge wake. I think a sofa and an additoinal 400 lbs may be to much weight for this boat.

latch
11-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Have a PS 190, 98mod. Tried placing fat sac all the way to the back of the boat, (removed rear seat) boat performed funny and wake was not smooth. Replaced the rear seat and placed fat sac in front of seat. Added side sacs and got a fabulous wake. It was perfect and boat handled perfect. Really gave us the wake that we were looking for. Everyone praises this setup.

dwe
11-26-2004, 07:25 PM
latch,
I think my '95 ps 190 has the same hull as yours. I have been looking at adding a rear 500 lb sac where the rear bench sits, since that's what the factory doees for their x9, so I'm interested to hear that that did not work for you. I have been told that adding two side sacs by the motor is the best place for the 190. I haven't wanted to do that because I thought it would be a pain to climb over them to get to the back of the boat (not to mention tears). How do you get around in your boat? How do you fit a sac in front of the rear bench (what size)? What size side sacs do you use? How long do they take to fill? Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Thanks!

latch
11-27-2004, 09:56 AM
David,

We place a FLY High Fat Sac (565lbs.) between the rear seat on the engine cover. We then place FLy High Side Sacs (250lbs each) on either side of the engine. This covers us a great wake. Very smooth. Then depending on number of people in boat, we may place some sand bags in various places in the boat. Usually mid way or under bow. This helps make the wake even on both sides. As you can imagine, the boat gets pretty crowded and walking around is a problem, but keep in mind this setup creates probably the best wake around. It's really amazing the wake that you can get out of this boat. It does take time to set up this arrangement. Launch the boat, kick up the stereo, fill the sacs, and enjoy. Life is too short to rush thru. Enjoy.

Latch

Karsken
11-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Thanks guys, this made me think about dropping the 1200lbs Sofa :o , and get 2x340lbs sacs insted. And maybe have a 540lbs sac for those times I want to push the limit! :cool:
Now the boat has been put deep in the barn, not to come out in some 4 month. :(
Greetings from far North!