PDA

View Full Version : You know you are a buoy head when

6ballsisall
09-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Every body of water you see you check to see if it has a course on it

At a tournament every skier you watch ski you are swerving right there with them from the shore

Free skiing is a sin for you

All you think about in your spare time is your form and timing.

88 PS190
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
ha ha

I do, all the roads along 88 in IL, I check for courses and occasionally win as there is a nautique and a course 1/2 way along.. yes I know. its a nautique.

Additionally the roap on my closet door for pulling.. its crazy stuff.

shepherd
09-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Free skiing is a sin for you

8p I think I've been free skiing twice in the past 5 years.

Also have the handle tied to the door, but it's my office door.

6ballsisall
09-10-2006, 12:38 AM
You are a buoy head when you have a Masterline handle for your dog leash. AND the whole time you are walking your dogs your focused on keeping the handle at your hips. :D

6ballsisall
09-10-2006, 01:13 AM
When you watch Mapple's training video over and over and over.....so many times that you have their comments memorized.

88 PS190
09-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Bust a west coast turn in the bathroom mirror.

YEA I GOT YOU THERE!

6ballsisall
09-10-2006, 04:28 PM
In the off season you rub your hands w/ sand paper to keep the calluses going. Of course, you do this while watching a slalom training video. :D

pilot02
09-10-2006, 04:39 PM
In the off season you rub your hands w/ sand paper to keep the calluses going. Of course, you do this while watching a slalom training video. :D

You're not holding the rope right if your getting calluses. Dadburnit, haven't we discussed this??? Fingertips, fingertips, fingertips......hint hint!

erkoehler
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey, did you get mine and Jeff's PM's?

6ballsisall
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey, did you get mine and Jeff's PM's?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

TMCNo1
09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
When you start laughing uncontrollably when UMP asks about tuning his wing!

6ballsisall
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
When you start laughing uncontrollably when UMP asks about tuning his wing!

And you spend more time tuning your fin than you do all your cars, your boat, your lawnmower combined! :D

Jesus_Freak
09-11-2006, 12:18 AM
The first step in every man's life is to admit that he has a problem. Thank you guys so much for helping me reach this! What is the next step for me?

TMCNo1
09-11-2006, 01:55 PM
The first step in every man's life is to admit that he has a problem. Thank you guys so much for helping me reach this! What is the next step for me?

Group session with Dr. Hoosier Bob. Bring your own refreshments and Kleenex. It gets heavy at these meetings!

Jesus_Freak
09-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Excellent! Should I bring my ski or a turn buoy, or will that just worsen the problem?

Ric
09-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Jeff, I did one of these on saturday headed to a little league football game. Found a new body of water I had not known about, adjacent to the local football fields but surrounded by heavy cover. Perfect dimensions for a course!!!

LakePirate
09-11-2006, 02:05 PM
When you have to explain your wallpaper to all of your co-workers cause they can't figure out why that guy mowing his lawn is leaning at that awkward angle.

You use a ski rope handle hanging from the ceiling in the garage to let the wife know where to stop.

Ric
09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
In the off season you rub your hands w/ sand paper to keep the calluses going. Of course, you do this while watching a slalom training video. :D I am the sucka who bought one of those baton things with the nasty barbs that you work in your hands during the off season._________________ Begin sophomoric comments ... Now.

BrianM
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
When there is no off season.

beef
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Normal people just look at you kinda' funny when you look at the top of the trees and say: "Hey, there's no wind!"

Ric
09-11-2006, 02:26 PM
When there is no off season. I'm tellin ya, if it is related to slalom, I have probably bought it:o

Ric
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Normal people just look at you kinda' funny when you look at the top of the trees and say: "Hey, there's no wind!" kids and I were having an in-depth discussion while driving in town saturday evening... one said, we should be at the ski lake RIGHT NOW.. (That did my heart good)... The other one said with her stuffy nose.. NO WAY, look at that flag, it's too windy... ahhhh

pq2
09-11-2006, 02:33 PM
when you preffer to have a perfect pass on your boat that new forniture on your room. I just got my PP, forniture will have to wait.:D

TMCNo1
09-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Excellent! Should I bring my ski or a turn buoy, or will that just worsen the problem?

Bring your ski! If HB puts you to sleep while he is talking, you will have something to keep you warm!

TMCNo1
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
You use a ski rope handle hanging from the ceiling in the garage to let the wife know where to stop.

You know, you can always bury a invisable fence in the concrete around the boat and make the wife wear a collar and tell her you want to get kinky later, but then maybe not!:D :rolleyes: 8p

east tx skier
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
When you're free skiing on a river, you've just finished a turn, and you look diagonally across the wake and you see a beer can floating about 154’ 2 ¾” away (give or take). You consider it a personal failure if you don't make it around it the beer can. And so would your boat driver, who intentionally set you up for the beer can turn.

beef
09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
lol. Been there! As both a skier and a driver.
When you're free skiing on a river, you've just finished a turn, and you look diagonally across the wake and you see a beer can floating about 154 2 away (give or take). You consider it a personal failure if you don't make it around it the beer can. And so would your boat driver, who intentionally set you up for the beer can turn.

shepherd
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
when you preffer to have a perfect pass on your boat that new forniture on your room. I just got my PP, forniture will have to wait.:D

funny, my wife took me furniture shopping yesterday (it was raining) -- said she needs to spend our money on furniture before I go and buy another ski boat :rolleyes:

River Rat
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM

Buy a wake board............. sorry could not pass that up:D ;)

Jesus_Freak
09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Might buy it, but will never ride it. :D