PDA

View Full Version : Fall

TI Skiier
09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, it's starting to be fall up here in Washington. It's been a great season. After 39 days on the water, the gear is pretty much shot. I have been on a 68" CDX for the last 4 years and absolutely loved it. But now the front boot ripped and when I took it off I saw a 1/4" crack in the top at one of the screws. Time for a new stick.

Currently considering a 68" Monza. Any thoughts???

6ballsisall
09-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Lots of folks on this board are on the Monza. It's a great ski! I have a 68" and LOVE it!!

PendO
09-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Well, it's starting to be fall up here in Washington. It's been a great season. After 39 days on the water, the gear is pretty much shot. I have been on a 68" CDX for the last 4 years and absolutely loved it. But now the front boot ripped and when I took it off I saw a 1/4" crack in the top at one of the screws. Time for a new stick.

Currently considering a 68" Monza. Any thoughts???

I'm replacing my system 8 with a Monza ... but I do have a 68" CDX in the shed if you need a quick fix ... I'm in Spokane so shoot me a PM if you want a stick for the rest of summer ... also, Wiley's (out of Seattle) has some good deals on 68" Monza's and System 8's

shepherd
09-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Monza. Awesome ski when you can ski it right. When you don't, it can kick yer butt. I have a 68" Monza with Wiley boots. I really like it even though I get my butt kicked by it sometimes.

6ballsisall
09-09-2006, 11:44 PM
To add to the ^^^^^ The Monza is great but is VERY finnicky about the fin placement. Probably cant expect to take the ski out of the box and ski a PB without some tuning. Something tells me all the top end skis are like that though.

88 PS190
09-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Eh, the goode tends to be pretty much a PB out of the box if you have the fin set to factory specs.

It astounds me how often they do it. But I think for alot of people if you get a monza and find your setting you'll be ahead of the same spot on a factory set goode.

Depends on water and style.

TI Skiier
09-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the offer. I'm probably done for the year though, so I can take some time...

Was down at Wileys yesterday and they had a couple of Monzas on the rack. Price is, of course, a consideration. So I am also looking at some of the other area shops for a year end closeout.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
for gawd sakes, before you buy a monza, make SURE you check with jeff Randol to make sure its not one of those "defective" ones like I got;)

TMCNo1
09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
for gawd sakes, before you buy a monza, make SURE you check with jeff Randol to make sure its not one of those "defective" ones like I got;)

:uglyhamme :popcorn: :uglyhamme

jake
09-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the offer. I'm probably done for the year though, so I can take some time...

Was down at Wileys yesterday and they had a couple of Monzas on the rack. Price is, of course, a consideration. So I am also looking at some of the other area shops for a year end closeout.

I have a nearly new Monza I will probably be selling. 68", this year's graphics. The ski was used this season, but is in near perfect condition. I recently switched to a Goode. Will be selling blank.

PM if you are interested.

east tx skier
09-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Went from a 68 CDX to a 67 Monza and still smile every time I ride it.

TI Skiier
09-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Cool. One question - why did you go down in length with the Monza?

BriEOD
09-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Fall in Washington, huh? I'm glad I'm in Florida. My season starts tomorrow!

SlackAt15Off
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Fall in Washington, huh? I'm glad I'm in Florida. My season starts tomorrow!

yup, i'm jealous. i'm in PA right now and the season is winding down.