PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up a carb?

cwright
09-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Not sure where to post this, but it's kind of an appearance thing. My 88PS190 has the factory plastic square over the flame arrestor. You know the one, about 12" suare with a giant MC on it. I've been thinking of removing it and covering the flame arrestor (air cleaner) with a polished aluminum disc that matches the diameter of the arrestor. Only reason for doing so is because I think it would look better. Is this a common mod? have others done this? Anything to be concerned about?

BrianM
09-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Haven't seen it done but there really isn't anything to be concerned about if you are going to do it. Post pictures when you finish.

east tx skier
09-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Mine is nice and shiney on top. Had to lose my plastic shroud for clearance reasons. You don't really need to cover it with anything unless you just want to.

cwright
09-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Did you make your own or find it somewhere? Thanks for the pics and help.

east tx skier
09-08-2006, 12:31 PM
That is the low profile flame arrestor skidim used to carry and recommend for people who were putting high rise intake manifolds on their boats. You could probably get something similar to it somewhere else, but last I checked, they don't have them anymore.