PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to make me feel better?

milkmania
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
FAA Cracks Down on Air Controllers Naps (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-air-controller-naps,0,2188519.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines)<---link

since I'm flying into Lexington on the 13th., I'm wondering if my guy's gonna be nappin':confused:

wakebrdr142
09-08-2006, 12:45 AM
It's the pilots fault. Sure, the controller may could have prevented it but it's the pilot's duty to familiarize him/herself with all aspects of the flight. I hate the media!!!!!!! You know crap happens. People mess up, things mess up. You take chances every day.

bigmac
09-08-2006, 08:17 AM
It's the pilots fault. Sure, the controller may could have prevented it but it's the pilot's duty to familiarize him/herself with all aspects of the flight. I hate the media!!!!!!! You know crap happens. People mess up, things mess up. You take chances every day.

Yeah, ultimately such things are the responsibility of the pilot, but if the news media can get people even MORE upset by spearing FAA tower controllers, so much the better for them. In this tragic case, taking off on the wrong runway could have been avoided if one of the pilots had done something as basic as simply take a glance at their compass before advancing the throttles for takeoff.

milkmania
09-08-2006, 09:43 AM
the tragedy seems to me is the fact that it takes 49 loved ones lost for the FAA to pull their heads out of their asses. It also seems that when something like this happens, it's all hands on deck for a short time, then it's back to business as usual. please keep in mind these are only my opinions... I know we have pilots here, friends, and possibly family and in no way is it an attack on them.