PDA

View Full Version : Florida Sea World

milkmania
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Who's got the inside skinny on this place?

my kids bug me all the time to head down there... I see a lot of videos with dolphin interaction, and a lot of other things.

When we were at San Antonio Sea World a couple of years ago, had a great time, but I also feel like we missed a lot:(

Monte
09-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Went there as a kid...had a good time:banana: .. Dunno as an adult.. do they serve brew?? What? no Disney?:noface:

milkmania
09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Went there as a kid...had a good time:banana: .. Dunno as an adult.. do they serve brew?? What? no Disney?:noface:

my daughter would rather play with a dolphin than a mouse:rolleyes:

Monte
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
That is probably a good thing:uglyhamme Lemme think back to my repressed childhood memories.. Big whales got you wet.. Dolphins got you wet.. sea lions and seals... you get the picture... either wear your ssuit or do what dad did and make mom walk the kids up to the side when the whatever is about to do its big jump...:D

RickDV
09-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Who's got the inside skinny on this place?

my kids bug me all the time to head down there... I see a lot of videos with dolphin interaction, and a lot of other things.

When we were at San Antonio Sea World a couple of years ago, had a great time, but I also feel like we missed a lot:(

Have not been there, but I understand they have a pretty good water ski show that's worth seeing.

RickDV

T Scott
09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Milk,
I have annual passes and go to Sea World 6-8 times a year. There is a lot for the kids to see. My kids, ages 3 and 5 love the dolphin feeding pool, the Shamu show, dolphin show, pet show and ski show.
The good thing is that there are really no lines anywhere except for the handful of rides.
The ski show is pretty good. Not as good as years past when they had the full show. This is a watered down version with a smaller area. The tow boats suck as they are all Nautiques. :rolleyes: All in all, I'd highly recommend Sea World.

Tom

Mikey
09-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Just got back from there. It was the best attraction that we went to in orlando. For a small fee you can feed and pet the dolphins and stingrays (its pretty cool for the kids). They have some new shows with the aquatic life that are pretty neat. The waterski/wakeboard show was pretty cool but was too short. When you get tired and need a lunch break they have a reasonably priced cafe that serves free beer. (yes,I said free beer):woohoo: I would difinately go back again. Well worth it. Another thing that I thought was cool is they give free admission tickets to military members and thier families. Hats off to Anheuser-Busch.

milkmania
09-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Just got back from there. It was the best attraction that we went to in orlando. For a small fee you can feed and pet the dolphins and stingrays (its pretty cool for the kids). They have some new shows with the aquatic life that are pretty neat. The waterski/wakeboard show was pretty cool but was too short. When you get tired and need a lunch break they have a reasonably priced cafe that serves free beer. (yes,I said free beer):woohoo: I would difinately go back again. Well worth it.

thanks guys for the responses, think I'll pass on the stingray petting though.

was reading about kids staying over night near the dolphins http://www.swbg-adventurecamps.com/adventure-camps/swf/sleepover/popular/halloween-sleepover.htm

mbeach
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
i went there with wife and son 7 yrs ago and had a ball. as i recall, there is/are enclosed walk ways where you can view all kinds of sea life. we were there for a special event at night, so no ski show. shamu and company are fantastic. amazing how the "riders" can manage their internal biological systems going from a depth of one atmosphere or greater to flying 20+ feet in the air in a matter of seconds. do disney also while you are down there. i still enjoy magic kingdom and mgm. in face, sammy duval has a ski school near the entrance to magic kingdom as i recall. anyway, don't go there and not do disney. if you want , i will give you musts for the rides at these 2 theme parks.

Mikey
09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
thanks guys for the responses, think I'll pass on the stingray petting though.

was reading about kids staying over night near the dolphins http://www.swbg-adventurecamps.com/adventure-camps/swf/sleepover/popular/halloween-sleepover.htm

The stinray petting is actually pretty cool. They remove the stingers.

IMO disney is overpriced and way over rated.

kennbarbie
09-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Just got back from there. It was the best attraction that we went to in orlando. For a small fee you can feed and pet the dolphins and stingrays (its pretty cool for the kids). They have some new shows with the aquatic life that are pretty neat. The waterski/wakeboard show was pretty cool but was too short. When you get tired and need a lunch break they have a reasonably priced cafe that serves free beer. (yes,I said free beer):woohoo: I would difinately go back again. Well worth it. Another thing that I thought was cool is they give free admission tickets to military members and thier families. Hats off to Anheuser-Busch.

Did he say FREE BEER, wow, will be going there for sure.
I have heard that its a great place to visit and one of the top attractions. We are planning a trip there in the spring.

sizzler
09-08-2006, 02:14 AM
went there a couple years back......great place......the Kraken ride is awesome as is journey to atlantis.....the shows were great ...the sea-lion show is a hoot.......i got roped in to the killer-whale show..had to stand up by the pool side and feed it a bunch of fish......looking down into its mouth was fierce.....it could have swallowed me whole.....it then made a monkey out of me and soaked me to the skin....that water is damn cold......my kids thought it was way cool....it was videoed ,and i was on "shamu-vision"........:cool:

go and see the shire horses stables...they pull the beer drays.....these stables are the ultimate in luxury.....

serve beer as well.....great place
:D

atlfootr
09-08-2006, 08:57 AM
The stinray petting is actually pretty cool. They remove the stingers.Sadly enuff, that's how Erwin died.

Monte
09-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Sadly enuff, that's how Erwin died.

If I remember correctly the splines have been removed:) Lotta little ones putting their hands in that aquarium... almost a neccesity..

Mikey
09-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Sadly enuff, that's how Erwin died.

Yes, you are right that is how steve irwin died. But he wasnt at the kids petting zoo at Sea World. These stingrays have had their stingers removed. I highly doubt that they would let millions of kids stick their hands in the tank and pet wild stingrays with stingers that could kill you. Maybe Im wrong.