PDA

View Full Version : MC Owners in GA.

atlfootr
11-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Looking for any MC Owners in GA, near Lanier.

dmac
12-10-2004, 04:53 PM
NE, Lake Burton near Clayton. Looks like we are it for the state.

atlfootr
12-10-2004, 05:36 PM

Looks like it is right :eek: Not sure what that says for the local dealer sales from JOA, kinda dissapointed :rant:

Nevertheless, would you like to get together this month and hit the waters? :D Let me know, I'm game :eek3:

Cousin_Jeff
12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I am in Marietta very close to JOA. Typically ski during the week at Allatoona but go several different places on the weekends.

dmac
12-10-2004, 07:21 PM
I am in Marietta very close to JOA. Typically ski during the week at Allatoona but go several different places on the weekends.
To be able to spend the weekdays on the water, what a treat that would be.

dmac
12-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Looks like it is right :eek: Not sure what that says for the local dealer sales from JOA, kinda dissapointed :rant:

Nevertheless, would you like to get together this month and hit the waters? :D Let me know, I'm game :eek3:
I will probably not be able to get on the water until spring. From a work standpoint this is a bit of a crunch time, end of the quarter/year you know. Then, when I am able to free up weekends in January I will be heading up to the house at Burton to attend to additional chores. I want to dig out the slip a bit because I had a cradle system built in September and we need a little more depth in a couple of spots. But, we will stay in touch.

dmac
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Jeff - meant to mention that I love your color scheme, the red & tan is sweet.

It would be nice to see some JOA participation locally.

Cousin_Jeff
12-11-2004, 07:44 AM
DMAC, I live about 15 minutes from Allatoona Landing so I can be floating 30 mins after leaving my house. Not trying to rub it in, but it is very nice to go have a couple of sunset runs after a day at work. On the weekends, it is way to croweded at Allatoona so we take advantage of no one being there during the week when we can.

Thanks for the compliments on the boat. We love this boat and look forward to having it for a long time.

MarkL
12-11-2004, 09:19 AM
No, there are others. Just slow to post or not on the site. I'm on Lake Russell. There are two others there as well. I occassionally see a few on Hartwell.

dmac
12-11-2004, 11:08 AM
On the weekends, it is way to croweded at Allatoona so we take advantage of no one being there during the week when we can.

Thanks for the compliments on the boat. We love this boat and look forward to having it for a long time.

I know what you mean about the crowded weekends, I would avoid then as well. Nice being that close to the ramp. As for the MC, I intend to hang on to mine for a good long time as well.

atlps190
12-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Sorry on the slow reply....

I live in Roswell, and the MC is at my weekend place on Lake Arrowhead.

-Todd

atlps190
12-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey dmac,

Just looking closer at your message footer...

You a Rush fan?

h20_skidog
12-14-2004, 02:32 PM
atlfootr,

Is this you in the photo you posted?
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=577&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

If so I believe that I met you that day...that is my 209 in the background! Photo was from the 2002 JOA MasterCraft Owners reunion.

I remember because out of the 3 training events offered (slalom, wakeboading, barefooting), I opted to go with the wakeboarding...and regretted it ever since. JOA didn't have their act together that day. Once they got a wakeboard boat...had to w-a-i-t 15-20 minutes for the missing swim platform...then the boat ran out of gas just as we were loading up!

dmac
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey dmac,

Just looking closer at your message footer...

You a Rush fan?
You caught that did you. Very big Rush fan.

dmac
12-14-2004, 02:47 PM
JOA didn't have their act together that day.
Hmmmmmm..........
The day we went for the water test on the boat that is now mine it would not fire up. JOA rep cranked and cranked. Then he looked at the gas gauge..............EMPTY. The beginning of a series of events that occurred only because they are the only MC dealer in the area. Very glad I have this particular boat but there were some unpleasant moments.

atlfootr
12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Yes, that is me :) I do remember meeting you and check'n out your PS 209, nice boat btw. That day, we took a MC member and did a barefoot run or two. Now, I'm attempting to spearhead w/ Rambo Marine and MstrCrft a 2005 MasterCraft Reunion in Alabama.

Plz take part in the poll regarding this event, the more interest the better!

xseriesman
01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey guys sorry for the late post..But i was wondering how many of you are going to the boat show this year...we always go and it is usually pretty good.

h20_skidog
01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm taking off early Friday and heading down after lunch. Plan on staying down there for a while...till the traffic lessens for the return trip home. It shouldn't be too diffulcult to find something to do at a boat show ;)

dmac
01-12-2005, 01:46 PM
We have talked about going, I would like to go, it will be either Saturday or Sunday.

Professor
01-12-2005, 05:19 PM
- - - - - - - - - - -

dmac
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I plan on going Friday after lunch.
Let me know how it is. Since the Hawks & Falcons are playing Saturday night I think I will shoot for Sunday.

xseriesman
01-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I thought the boat show was overall ok....but i thought the mastercraft stand was a little disappointing especially since Joa people are worthless. Just my thoughts what everyone else think?

Professor
01-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Missed it :(

h20_skidog
01-18-2005, 02:55 PM
It was good to actually see the '05 models up close.
After checking out the new tower, I actually now like it more than the zero-flex. And I see a lot of refinements made to the '05 209 as compared to my '01 209.

Malibu looked like they were going for the award for the most powerful stereo in a ski boat.

And I didn't spend too much $$...I bought a new life vest for myself, and one for my oldest son who continues to grow...he is 4 now. Also bought some trainer skis for the kids.

My wife said that she was afraid that I would buy a new boat! I told her maybe next year and her face was :eek:! Now she says that she will take off work next year (because I go during the week) to go with me to the boat show.

xseriesman
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I feel the same when i go to the boat show...wanting to upgrade or buy something..and yea i though malibu had a kick *** stereo system..Did you see the tv and sub in that boat :love:

h20_skidog
01-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah...the tv would be cool when connected to a DVD that could play some skiing video while at the lake!

xseriesman
01-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Have any of the people who ski on lanier been out yet?? Is it warm enough for a wetsuit yet or do i need to wait another month??

atlfootr
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Went out yesterday really sweet, nobody .....!~

davidstan
02-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I live in Atl but my 210 is on Lake wedowee where just about all i see are mastercrafts....its unbeleivable....guess ALa like MC's!

David

georgea0731
02-04-2005, 12:19 PM
I made it to the show on Sunday. I really enjoyed it since I meet the President of MC, and a couple of MC factory folks. I told the worker bees to watch this web sign for concerns and feedback. Mike from Charlotte was there and a great MC spokes man and dealer.
I still can't believe the prices, X7 MSRP was like $57 on sale for $47, amazing. I guess its relevent, I thought the same thing back in the 80's & 90's.
We live in Fayetteville, but boat at Lake Martin in AL. I see a few MC's there, but we stay over in a small area near Smith Mountain.

boatwake
02-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I have purchased 2 Mastercrafts in the past 9 years and my friend 2 in the past 4 years. We have had so many issues with JOA :mad: over the years that we both considered switching to Malibu this year (Malibu they did a great job at the boat show). Fortunately, cooler minds prevailed. Since, we have spoken with Mike in Charlotte. We now intend to drag our boats to Charlotte for any large servicing and do the rest of the work ourselves. Obviously the dealer situation in Atlanta will weigh heavily on our next boat decision.

As for where we boat, we run the heathen hour (Sunday morning) at the north end of Lanier. Hopefully in a year or two, after the kids are out of school, we will have a place on Lanier and can get some great mid-week water.

MarkP
02-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Great avatar,
I didnt read the post yet but great avatar:dance:

costal190
02-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Moved to St Marys,Ga. Really miss the waters at Lake Russell but have found some really cool Lakes to go to in Fla. just a 3 hr drive to the public ramps. Looking forward to the up and comming summer season! Wanted to get a new 197 but I think we will hold off till next year, "95 Prostar 190 still Looks & Runs Great!"

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 11:31 AM
We have had so many issues with JOA :mad: over the years, that we considered switching to Malibu.This is NO NEW News to me .... or any other MasterCraft Boat Owners I know, which are plenty.

As a current MC Owner myself, may I suggest if you want the best service at a great $ price $
go NOWHERE ELSE, but RAMBO MARINE!~ :woohoo:

http://www.rambomarine.com/

That's were I go and I live in Cumming, Ga.

boatwake
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. We used Rambo once when we were living in Eastern NC. They were great! We tried for months to find a new skin for our rear seat on our previous boat (84' 190). Finally, the MC factory recommended that we contact Rambo and they fixed us up.

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 06:52 PM
We used Rambo, they were great!.Glad to hear, they worked for you. You're like only 10-15 mins. from us,
let me know if and when you'd like to hook up and we'll hit the lake :dance: !

boatwake
02-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Actually, we probably drive by you to put in. I have a 03' X2 and my friend from Big Canoe has a 03' X10. We usually meet and launch at Thompson Creek near the outlet mail. We used to frequent Young Dear, but as I'm sure you know the south end gets really busy on weekends.

We would love to meet up some time! We normally run the heathen hour (Sunday mornings) during the summer. My friend and I both just installed showers and picked up a couple wetsuits for our families so hopefully we can now extend the season some.

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Been there many times, foot'd often this past Jan -have you been out any this month?

boatwake
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Not yet. We have been working to get setup for cold water (shower, wetsuits, etc). We were hoping to get there yesterday or today, but the weather didn't cooperate. Hopefully this coming weekend will work out.

atlfootr
02-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Let me know when, I'll glady meet up w/ you to say hello.

boatwake
02-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Weather permitting, we're going Saturday afternoon. However, you may want to take a rain check as it could be dangerous (laughing so hard you could fall out of the boat).

This will be our first attempt at wetsuits. If our experience is anything like the individual's I read when researching wetsuits (http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/surf/st00d.htm), it could get embarrassing.

MarkP
02-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Good Luck..:uglyhamme

NSXBill
02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Getting in late...I'm in the Acworth area. We ski (if you can call it that) in the Allatoona zoo, mostly. Just got my red PS 209 last year (looks like Nick's).

dmac
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
We see you in your avatar.

Professor
02-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Boatwake, Looks as if the weather will be fantastic. Great wetsuit article!

boatwake
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Great to hear from everyone. Saturday would appear to be the day. Now if I can just remember if the zipped goes in the front or the back :o . Just kiddin :D

boatwake
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
MarkP, where do you ski in western PA? I grew up in New Brighton without a ski boat, but begged rides on the Beaver and Ohio rivers whenever I could. The barges on the Ohio can be intimidating!

I spent some time in the SF Bay Area in CA, 12 years in NC, and the past 8 years near Atlanta. The lakes here around Atlanta are very nice.

Tug
02-24-2005, 06:11 AM
Hello all,
Proud new member here. I'm in "Midway". That would be midway between Cumming and Alpharetta. I'm usually at 6 mile on lanier during the week but may be closer to Mary Alice this season. I'm about 10 min south of atlfootr. Met him up at Carter's lake last summer. That lake is a dream but it's 55 miles and $25 gas away. Tug

Professor
02-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Hello Tug,
I mostly ski on Sinclair a few afternoons during the week. Sinclair is near Macon.

boatwake
02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Welcome Tug, I envy you for being able to use the lake on weekdays. We're pretty much limited to weekends. Hopefully we will be able to afford a house w/dock on the lake in the next couple years. We normally put in at Thompson Creek (near the outlet mail).

h20_skidog
02-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Tug and welcome to the board!
Carters lake is a trip...but for a weekend day it's totally worth the gas $$.
If you can hit Lanier during the week, that's great! I have hit Lanier during the week a time or two and it was pretty nice as compared to the weekend.

atlfootr
02-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Hello all,
Proud new member here. I'm about 10 min south of atlfootr. :toast:
Met him up at Carter's lake last summer.

I ski that ya all met my buddy Tug :)
I had the privilage yesterday morn'n to take the first picture of him and his BRAND NEW baby boy! :steering:

Congrats, Tug on both begin a new MstrCrft Owner and a new member to the Board of TT~

pridnjoy
03-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Hello Ga folks! We live in Western NC, and have a house in NE Ga on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee. Several other MCs there (at least 7 that I know of).

dmac
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Hello Ga folks! We live in Western NC, and have a house in NE Ga on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee. Several other MCs there (at least 7 that I know of).
Welcome Aboard. We are not far from you, we have a house on Lake Burton. I want to get over there this summer to explore the lake, we'll stay in contact.

pridnjoy
03-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Sounds great! We are there just about every weekend, plus a few days during the week every other week or so.

MarkP
03-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Nice ride Tug:toast:

Roelaux
08-10-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm at Lake Seminole in Donalsonville. We ski year round. Yes even when it is cold! don't get to during the week much unless one of my bros or sisters are here during the week. Sure enjoyed last week! YEAH!

TN X-45
08-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Allatoona here - Victoria Harbor. Seems like the lake is breeding MCs!

Stars & Stripes
08-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I am in Cartersville on Allatoona as well. I live about 10 minutes from the lake. I used to cruise around on my Stars & Stripes but just sold it and picked up an X45. Cant wait to hit the water this weekend.

cmw
08-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Also minutes from old JAO building. Roswell and Bishop Lake rd. We go to Allatoona and Lanier when we take the travel trailer and boat and Carters when we want a lake to ourselves and just take the boat. We will be on Allatoona three days next weekend and one day during the week for work. I recognize some of your boats.

dgilbreath
08-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Allatoona. I am up Little River Mostly. Pulling the kids. We try and go out during the week nights. Occasionally on weekends. I am in the grey 86 with a grey bimmini. I have seen Red S&S up my way recently.

DJnGA
08-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I was at Caters lake twice this week. Might hit up Allatoona this weekend.

nitro5238
08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Live about 10 minutes from Blockhouse ramp on Allatoona. We usually hang out by the ski course or over at Flamingo cove if the wife and I just want to chill. Black/Grey 1990 PS with black bimini.

Stars & Stripes
08-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Allatoona. I am up Little River Mostly. Pulling the kids. We try and go out during the week nights. Occasionally on weekends. I am in the grey 86 with a grey bimmini. I have seen Red S&S up my way recently.

That was probably my red/grey 83 S&S. We visit Little River on Saturday nights after hanging out at Illinois Creek. I sold the boat a couple of weeks ago and picked up an 08 navy blue/white X45.

CruisinGA
08-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Live in Atlanta, boat on Lake Blue Ridge.

Cept since it is now about 30 ft under normal level for this time of year, I'll be on Nottelly tonight and tomorrow. Probably take the boat out on BR just to check things out if we can find a boat ramp that is still accessible.

http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/genplots?guidecurve+23
Red -2010 Observed Midnight Elevations
Black -2009 Observed Midnight Elevations
Green -Balancing Guide
Blue -Flood Guide
Gray shadow Expected Elevation Range

DemolitionMan
12-20-2013, 05:43 PM
This truck was on I-20 on in Augusta.

DemolitionMan
12-20-2013, 05:45 PM
This one was on 15th Street in Augusta.

DemolitionMan
12-20-2013, 05:46 PM
And this one was on Georgia Avenue in North Augusta.

DemolitionMan
01-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Is this a TT member in Augusta?

dguille
02-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Not sure on the mustang but I know who the 2 GM trucks belong too.....

Cloaked
02-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Is this a TT member in Augusta?The Mustang is Skidog's car. The "Twerk Team Captain" sticker on the window gives that away.....

DemolitionMan
02-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Not sure on the mustang but I know who the 2 GM trucks belong too.....

How are you doing?

DemolitionMan
02-19-2014, 10:09 PM
The Mustang is Skidog's car. The "Twerk Team Captain" sticker on the window gives that away.....

:D:uglyhamme:uglyhamme